Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basics: How do i create a website?

:salams

I'd like to create a website or something beneficial anyway. How/where do i start?

What do you recommend i should do with the net?
    (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Re: Basics: How do i create a website?

Find hosting, buy a domain name, design it with KompoZer, and upload it via FTP with FileZilla.

Comment

Originally posted by abdullahajj View Post
      Find hosting, buy a domain name, design it with KompoZer, and upload it via FTP with FileZilla.
      B A S I C S please, i've not always been that good with computer stuff
      (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

try wordpress or any other blogging site first. get the feel of it
        “And this worldly life is not but diversion and amusement. And indeed, the home of the Hereafter - that is the [eternal] life, if only they knew.” [29:64]

Comment

agreed with the last post. many websites today are blog-based or have a blog look and feel to them. sign up with any of the free blogging sites like blogger, wordpress, tumblr, etc and you'll have lots of free templates to choose from to get you up and running quickly.

come up with a category or topic for your site and just start blogging about it whether it's personal or islamic or entertainment. whatever you want to write about just see how it goes. since they're free you can always ditch it or start over if you don't like the direction it's going and you can always register a .com/.net domain later so just focus on your content and what you want first.

Comment

Yeah i have started that. I see, that makes sense.

:jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by ibnuadam View Post
              try wordpress or any other blogging site first. get the feel of it
              :up:

Plus, you don't have to worry about html so much, since they take care of most things for you.
              مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
              It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
              Surah al-Baqarah
              [2:245]

.:.
              .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
              Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
              ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Wordpress blog - http://en.wordpress.com/signup/ - Then if you want, you can buy a domain which is £6 for 2 years.. Opt out of whois.. Forward domain name to the blog. It's pretty simple.
                SPREAD OF EVIL
                ZIONISM
                BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Originally posted by -MA- View Post
                  Wordpress blog - http://en.wordpress.com/signup/ - Then if you want, you can buy a domain which is £6 for 2 years.. Opt out of whois.. Forward domain name to the blog. It's pretty simple.
                  Yeah i've started. The rest after the link doesn't sound easy/simple.

What are the basics, generals for creating a website. Like where would someone start. E.g. topic/idea, sub categories etc etc

Comment

Wa Alikum Assalam

I've been a web designer for a while so I can tell you few things ;) :p
                    Ok, so as you say you are new to all this, you should use pre-made scripts like this forum uses(vBulletin).If you'd like to run a forum, then use Mybb(coz its free) or if you can pay then vBulletin.If you'd like a blog, then wordpress.If wiki(like wikipedia), then Mediawiki.There are many just google it ;)
                    First) You need to get a hosting.No, I found a nice free web hosting site! Yes FREE! You just have to post on their forum monthly a fixed amount of money(which depends upon your package; the better package, the more posts.Better packages give you more space, bandwidth(Think of a pipe.A greater pipe has a greater BAND-WIDTH==.So more data can be transferred in lesser time.)).The website is www.sitefrost.com.
                    Then) You can either get their domain or use this one www.co.cc.You can get a domain like www.mydomain.co.cc..COM and .NET domains are not free.
                    Then you need to tell to your web hosting the domain you wanna use
                    Then you need to install the software!
                    Yes it seems hard at the beginning.But its a childplay ,later!

And if you already did all that(or something else), then still ask me.I am familiar with them ;).I can help you as a webmaster too if you'd like to ;)

I can help you as much as I can.Just P.M me.I'll tell you many things InshaAllah.Just ask me! :D ;)
                    Last edited by MMohammed; 21-08-10, 12:54 PM.
                    Lets change our world; lets change ourselves

Comment

According to my experience , i used this site http://www.goresellers.com/ & got the account as a reseller & got the software for building the website at cheap cost ..
                      They are very much good in providing services ..

Comment

bump

Comment

Thanks for sharing...........

Comment

i reccomend asking a trusted professional to do it for you aka ms
                            Originally posted by 1MuslimByChoice View Post
                            :salams

I'd like to create a website or something beneficial anyway. How/where do i start?

What do you recommend i should do with the net?

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
                            (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

If you want a website, try weebly.com
                              Then) You can either get their domain or use this one www.co.cc.You can get a domain like www.mydomain.co.cc..COM and .NET domains are not free.
                              .co.cc is no longer indexed by google. dot.tk is far better :D
                              Free Web Hosting Pakistan - BASE.PK
                              Hi Web.India - Free Web Hosting India

Comment

Working...
                              X