Buying a laptop- HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a laptop- HELP!

"Meet people in such a manner that if you die, they should weep for you, and if you live, they should long for you." Hadhrat Ali-Ibn-Talib (RadiAllaah Anhu)
    Shan-e-Aisha

Re: Buying a laptop- HELP!

i have a toshiba and i absolutely adore it alhamdulilah :inlove:
    “Curiosity is the very basis of education and if you tell me that curiosity killed the cat, I say only the cat died nobly.”

Comment

whts the prob with ur laptop?

Comment

:salams

The list ur Tech Savvy friend given is OK. U can look for those items.
        However She told not to buy a dell laptop. But i tell ppl not to buy other than dell. Dell laptops r good n rigid. Dont go for lenovo or Hp etc,
        BTW u shud know i'm a computer engineer and have good idea of different product.
        However very soon i'll be working for Dell as an engineer there.
        so go the configuration given by ur friend.
        :jkk:
        :lailah:

Comment

Try looking at www.ebuyer.co.uk. I always use them for my computer stuff, unless of course it's cheaper on Amazon. But that's rarely the case. I would look at either Toshiba or HP laptops. The other brands I've seen have poor build quality. Stay away from Accer, they are so crap. As are dell.
          Last edited by InsaneBro; 18-08-09, 07:53 PM.

Comment

You could try Laptops Direct.

Comment

Originally posted by amaankhan View Post
              :salams

The list ur Tech Savvy friend given is OK. U can look for those items.
              However She told not to buy a dell laptop. But i tell ppl not to buy other than dell. Dell laptops r good n rigid. Dont go for lenovo or Hp etc,
              BTW u shud know i'm a computer engineer and have good idea of different product.
              You must be joking! Lenovo are built like tanks! At least the R and T series are anyway. These laptops are the most reliable and robust around.

Comment

Have a look on a few supermarket websites too, they occasionally have some really good deals due to credit crunch competition. If they have anything that matches your needs you can pop down to the shops and have a look at one on the shelves to see what it look/feels like for real.

It's also worth keeping your eye out for ex-display laptops. If you get lucky and find one for sale you can get a really good laptop that's hardly been used for a knockdown price, one that's spec & price would normally be way out of your budget.

Comment

Curries & PC world have good deals in bham at times but u gotta snatch em up quick

do u need a laptop ? why don't you go for a desktop instead ? it will be much powerful compared to the laptop in price comparison will last A LOT longer and are generally more reliable.

but if you are going for a laptop

get Dual core for 350 it should be okay.

Dunno about Dell people normally say they are okay and u get warranty if u buy from the website

Ebuyer would be ur best bet, for online buy and reviews.
                  ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
                  Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

For that budget go for a dell laptop.

Try this link- this will be the cheapest out of all places...these have voucher codes etc.

http://www.dmxdimension.com/http://www.dmxdimension.com/dell-uk/...codes-coupons/

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by .Abu.Rambo. View Post
                        Curries & PC world have good deals in bham at times but u gotta snatch em up quick

do u need a laptop ? why don't you go for a desktop instead ? it will be much powerful compared to the laptop in price comparison will last A LOT longer and are generally more reliable.

but if you are going for a laptop

get Dual core for 350 it should be okay.

Dunno about Dell people normally say they are okay and u get warranty if u buy from the website

Ebuyer would be ur best bet, for online buy and reviews.
                        dont buy desktops....they use up more power...

these days the laptop prices have come down..that what you could do on PC years ago...just even 4+ years ago you can do that even better on cheap laptops...

go for laptops..they are easier to fix and sell...

iv read the reviews...i know my stuff about laptop for the price you stated zebunisaa trust go for the sony vaio N series...check them at differnt stores..and see if you can price match...between each of the stores..to get at the lowest price..

John Lewis give good garuntee and if you can find it cheaper anywere else same model..John lewis will price match..then just get it from John lewis as you get 2 years FREE garuntee on top

Comment

What exactly did they say was wrong with your laptop? 2 years isn't long at all. Maybe you could fix it yourself.

Comment

or watch hotukdeals.co.uk

im holding out for a beast of a laptop like this http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=387172 which i missed :(
                            http://i47.tinypic.com/do8kmw.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBro View Post
                              What exactly did they say was wrong with your laptop? 2 years isn't long at all. Maybe you could fix it yourself.
                              ye seems a little short, zebunissa you should try taking it to another repair shop, some people iv noticed try make you spend more than you actually need to with computers, the shop could be trying to scam you
                              Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority: their abode will be the Fire: And evil is the home of the wrong-doers. - 3.151

Comment

Working...
                              X