Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!! My "caps lock" is stuck on!!

:salams

Well, the title says it all, really. Whenever i type normally it comes out in capitals, like this - THIS IS REALLY ANNOYING!!

When I want to type in lower case, I have to hold down the "shift" key, like I'm doing now!! I can't see anything the matter with the "caps lock" key - it's not stuck down or anything obvious. Someone suggested removing the key as there may be a problem with the spring, but I'm not very technical minded, so I will probably make it worse

Subhan'Allah no matter what I try, it doesn't work. :(

Any suggestions insha'Allah? Or should I take it to be repaired?

:jkk: in advance :)

:wswrwb:

Re: HELP!! My "caps lock" is stuck on!!

below the caps lock button, their will be a button with the arrow point 'up'. press that, that should remove the caps.

if not, what os you using.
    Coffe and a slice of your finest cake :-)

Comment

If you have Windows XP, go to Start, Programs, Accessories, Accessibility, On-Screen Keyboard. Click on the Caps Lock key on that and it will turn it off.

Put something underneath the kye and pull the key, then you can see what is wrong with your key-board. It is not much techy, my colleague's toddler has removed few keys from her keyboard. :)

Hope it helps

‘Sar utha kar maine, kitni khwahishein ki thi
      Kitne khwab dekhe the, kitni koshishein ki thi
      Jab tu rubaroo aaya, nazrein naa mila paaya
      Sar jhooka ke ek pal mein, maine kya naheen Paaya’

Comment

Originally posted by THETRUTH
        below the caps lock button, their will be a button with the arrow point 'up'. press that, that should remove the caps.

if not, what os you using.
        No, that didn't work, I'm afraid. :( It only works if i keep it pressed down because that's what I've been doing, but it's a real pain. I really need to turn off the "caps lock" somehow.

I'm using Windows Vista, by the way.

:jkk: for trying to help, much appreciated.:)

Originally posted by Love&Peace View Post
        If you have Windows XP, go to Start, Programs, Accessories, Accessibility, On-Screen Keyboard. Click on the Caps Lock key on that and it will turn it off.

Put something underneath the kye and pull the key, then you can see what is wrong with your key-board. It is not much techy, my colleague's toddler has removed few keys from her keyboard. :)

Hope it helps
        I got as far as "Accessories", but there was no choice for "Accessibility" or "On-Screen Keyboard". :(

I may have to try removing the key soon, if there isn't a simple solution!!

Never mind, thanks very much for trying, I really appreciate it!! :)

Comment

If it is there on XP, it will be on Vista.... Let me google and will get back to you

Edit: http://grok.lsu.edu/Article.aspx?articleId=2924
          This link gives a pictorial description of how to access On-Screen keyboard on Vista
          Last edited by Love&Peace; 05-05-08, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Hope it helps
            Well, I removed the key and pressed the "rubbery knob-type thingy" (technical term!), but it didn't make any difference. :(

Off to the repair shop, me thinks :(

Thanks again, Love&Peace! :)

Comment

Once check the link I have sent in previous post ....May help u beofre going to shop

otherwise lets put a dynamite under ur keyboard :D

Comment

Hope it helps
                Success!!!

I found "on-screen keyboard" under "ease of access" after "Accessories"!!

WooHoo!!!

Many thanks again, Love&Peace, major reps coming your way tomorrow...I've run out for today :)

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Farooq View Post
                  Success!!!

I found "on-screen keyboard" under "ease of access" after "Accessories"!!

WooHoo!!!

Many thanks again, Love&Peace, major reps coming your way tomorrow...I've run out for today :)
                  Good, it worked for you :up:
                  After solving ur puzzles, I try thinking laterally ;)

Comment

Good, it worked for you :up:
                    After solving ur puzzles, I try thinking laterally ;)
                    Kudos on your lateral thinking, problem solving and all-round Google consultation!!

Seriously though, many thanks for all your help, I owe you one. Typing was becoming a real chore holding down the "shift" key all the time. :)

Comment

Kudos on your lateral thinking, problem solving and all-round Google consultation!!

Seriously though, many thanks for all your help, I owe you one. Typing was becoming a real chore holding down the "shift" key all the time. :)

ohhh i sooo happy for u. :D
                      "For those who realise that everything is from Allah, everything is the same."
                      ~ Jalaluddin al-Rumi

Comment

:salams

Well, the title says it all, really. Whenever i type normally it comes out in capitals, like this - THIS IS REALLY ANNOYING!!

When I want to type in lower case, I have to hold down the "shift" key, like I'm doing now!! I can't see anything the matter with the "caps lock" key - it's not stuck down or anything obvious. Someone suggested removing the key as there may be a problem with the spring, but I'm not very technical minded, so I will probably make it worse

Subhan'Allah no matter what I try, it doesn't work. :(

Any suggestions insha'Allah? Or should I take it to be repaired?

:jkk: in advance :)

:wswrwb:
                        :wswrwb: bro a new keyboard is only about £12 theyre going to charge double that per hour to fix it. did u try system restore ? just put ur comp back to the day when it was working fine insha Allah might not be the key itself but the comp settings or something
                        "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
                          :wswrwb: bro a new keyboard is only about £12 theyre going to charge double that per hour to fix it. did u try system restore ? just put ur comp back to the day when it was working fine insha Allah might not be the key itself but the comp settings or something

asiya ukhti, i fink the problem is fixed already.
                          "For those who realise that everything is from Allah, everything is the same."
                          ~ Jalaluddin al-Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by ajnabee View Post
                            asiya ukhti, i fink the problem is fixed already.
                            ah ok i thought he said hes using an "on screen" keyboard now :S
                            "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
                              ah ok i thought he said hes using an "on screen" keyboard now :S
                              I think he is using normal keyboard, he used on-screen keyboard once just for turning off Caps lock. It is so annoying to use on-screen keyboard continuously.

Comment

Working...
                              X