Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone doing Machine Learning or Deep Learning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone doing Machine Learning or Deep Learning?

Seem to be the talk of the town these days.

Anyone here has any experience with these?

Sorry, I've never heard of it
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Did it in uni and hated it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
        Did it in uni and hated it.
        s__2345769879960709065.png

​​​​

Comment

So basically, in traditional programming, the programmer teaches the program to get the output by coding the algorithm.

Traditional programming: Input + Algorithm -> Output
          In machine learning, we give the machine the input and output, and tell it to figure out the algorithm by itself.

Machine learning: Input + Output -> Algorithm or Model

Now, the interesting part is that, we can tell the machine to learn something so well that it can basically predict the output given the input. This is where all the AI buzz is coming from. You're no longer limited by the programmer's ability to create an algorithm. The machine does it for you. All you need is data. Lots and lots of data. That is why data is so valuable and Google and Facebook are so adamant in getting their hands on them.
          Last edited by notEVOLVED; 26-02-21, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Comment

https://openai.com/blog/openai-codex/

Comment

Any recommended reading notEVOLVED on this topic? Articles are alright, I've got enough books as it is.
                Per aspera ad astra.

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Mualim View Post

Any recommended reading notEVOLVED on this topic? Articles are alright, I've got enough books as it is.
                  Walaikum Assalam.

Do you know Python?

What do you want to know about it? How it works or how to do it yourself?

You can read this thread: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...798611969.html

He basically explains what the picture above means. That's machine learning.

If you use neural networks, it is called deep learning.

This first chapter of the FastAI book is a good historical introduction to deep learning:

https://colab.research.google.com/gi...01_intro.ipynb

Comment

Python? No(t yet) I was planning on learning or at least grasping it soon.

Thank you, those links were very helpful and I will look into them now!
                    Per aspera ad astra.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Art using AI

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post
                              So basically, in traditional programming, the programmer teaches the program to get the output by coding the algorithm.

Traditional programming: Input + Algorithm -> Output
                              In machine learning, we give the machine the input and output, and tell it to figure out the algorithm by itself.

Machine learning: Input + Output -> Algorithm or Model

Now, the interesting part is that, we can tell the machine to learn something so well that it can basically predict the output given the input. This is where all the AI buzz is coming from. You're no longer limited by the programmer's ability to create an algorithm. The machine does it for you. All you need is data. Lots and lots of data. That is why data is so valuable and Google and Facebook are so adamant in getting their hands on them.
                              I need to read this several times before it gets through to my head

​​​​​​My brain prefers useless information
                              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X