Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to create a website

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    how to create a website

    how do you make a website? what kinda software do you need and basicly wht do you have to do?
    Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvM7L5Wm7q0

    ‎"If she's not on the deen, she's not fit to be your queen. If he hasn't got imaan, he's not fit to be your man."




    #2
    Re: how to create a website

    You need a server.

    You can use a web authoring application like Dreamweaver to make decent web sites.

    Personally, I do it the old fashioned way, using a simple text editor to
    code the HTML and CSS myself. I use the GIMP to
    create/manipulate images for websites.

    If you leave your computer on all day and night like me, don't intend to be doing anything too-heavy duty (like a large file server, music/video downloads from the site etc) and have a good connection and computer, you can turn your normal computer into a server and save on the costs of paying someone else.

    -Rashid
    :hidban:

    Comment


      #3
      Re: how to create a website

      Originally posted by Ibn Khattab View Post
      how do you make a website? what kinda software do you need and basicly wht do you have to do?
      You can use Macromedia Dreamweaver, Microsoft Front Page (HTML, DHTML, JAVASCRIPT, CSS..ETC) to make your websites! I have used to Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 enviornment for server side programming (ASP.NET 2.0, as the backend Oracle, SQL Server 2005 .. etc)!

      brother i will post you some Introductory Web Designing Tutorials tommarow inshalah! I have some EBooks with me inshallah will email you!

      Comment


        #4
        Re: how to create a website

        Originally posted by ammarcool View Post
        You can use Macromedia Dreamweaver, Microsoft Front Page (HTML, DHTML, JAVASCRIPT, CSS..ETC) to make your websites! I have used to Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 enviornment for server side programming (ASP.NET 2.0, etc)!

        brother i will post you some Introductory Web Designing Tutorials tommarow inshalah! I have some EBooks with me inshallah will email you!

        .NET is eeevil :p

        Web design is important...anyone can learn HTML and CSS (and javascript, PHP etc etc) but making good web sites is more complicated and its important that you read about web design, and look around at what other people have done etc for a professional looking site.

        -Rashid
        :hidban:

        Comment


          #5
          Re: how to create a website

          jazakallah khair guys.

          i want to make a website :D
          Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvM7L5Wm7q0

          ‎"If she's not on the deen, she's not fit to be your queen. If he hasn't got imaan, he's not fit to be your man."



          Comment


            #6
            Re: how to create a website

            Originally posted by Rashid786 View Post
            .NET is eeevil :p

            Web design is important...anyone can learn HTML and CSS (and javascript, PHP etc etc) but making good web sites is more complicated and its important that you read about web design, and look around at what other people have done etc for a professional looking site.

            -Rashid
            .NET is my favourite! :up: :up:

            I have been working with .NET for around 3 years! Experience matters when considering a website to be Interactive!

            presently we are working on an online shopping cart system! :D

            Comment


              #7
              Re: how to create a website

              Originally posted by Ibn Khattab View Post
              how do you make a website? what kinda software do you need and basicly wht do you have to do?

              If you don't have Dreamweaver (industry standard website design software) or Microsoft Frontpage, try this free and open-source website designer:

              http://www.nvu.com/

              I've been using it recently to redesign my website.

              Alternatively, you may want to consider a blog which are much easier since all the templates are already laid out for you:

              https://www.blogger.com/
              http://wordpress.org/
              The Crisis of ISIS (Response to Hamza Yusuf)
              Destroying the lies of the Murjiah!
              http://www.islamic-awareness.org
              http://islamqa.info/ - Best source on Islamic fatwas
              Shia Death squads in Iraq ethnically cleansing Sunnis

              Comment


                #8
                Re: how to create a website

                Originally posted by Rashid786 View Post
                You need a server.

                You can use a web authoring application like Dreamweaver to make decent web sites.

                Personally, I do it the old fashioned way, using a simple text editor to
                code the HTML and CSS myself. I use the GIMP to
                create/manipulate images for websites.

                If you leave your computer on all day and night like me, don't intend to be doing anything too-heavy duty (like a large file server, music/video downloads from the site etc) and have a good connection and computer, you can turn your normal computer into a server and save on the costs of paying someone else.

                -Rashid
                But wouldnt the costs be the same, leaving your computer on all day isnt cheap.
                SURAH TAWBAH VERSE 38: O you who believe! What is the matter with you, that when you are asked to go forth in the cause of Allah, you cling heavily to the earth? Do you refer the life of this world to the hereafter? But little is the comfort of this life, as compared with the hereafter.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: how to create a website

                  Originally posted by Ibn Khattab View Post
                  how do you make a website? what kinda software do you need and basicly wht do you have to do?
                  You can use a free hosting service to host your website. Here is a random one I got from google:

                  http://www.bravenet.com/
                  The Crisis of ISIS (Response to Hamza Yusuf)
                  Destroying the lies of the Murjiah!
                  http://www.islamic-awareness.org
                  http://islamqa.info/ - Best source on Islamic fatwas
                  Shia Death squads in Iraq ethnically cleansing Sunnis

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: how to create a website

                    i dont know how to make websites like the professionals, but i must say only a dumbass would use a normal text editor.

                    i use photoshop to make mine hehe.
                    "What is the point of being a muslim if they don't want to follow Islam?? " peace2u

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: how to create a website

                      Originally posted by ammarcool View Post
                      .NET is my favourite! :up: :up:

                      I have been working with .NET for around 3 years! Experience matters when considering a website to be Interactive!

                      presently we are working on an online shopping cart system! :D
                      same here!

                      fully dynamically generated xml passed back and forth with ajax :D
                      ...

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: how to create a website

                        Originally posted by Ibn Khattab View Post
                        how do you make a website? what kinda software do you need and basicly wht do you have to do?
                        with notepad.
                        ...

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: how to create a website

                          Originally posted by funk999 View Post
                          i dont know how to make websites like the professionals, but i must say only a dumbass would use a normal text editor.

                          i use photoshop to make mine hehe.
                          lollll

                          that would be anyone but a dumbass who needs nothing more than a normal text editor
                          Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: how to create a website

                            Originally posted by nami View Post
                            with notepad.
                            The brother is obviously a beginner. I think a WYSIWYG is better for him. I am sure making websites with notepad requires extensive knowledge of html.

                            Unfortunately geeks and nerds tend to give the hardest solutions assuming the person asking them is equal to them in ability. Not that I am accusing you or anything...
                            The Crisis of ISIS (Response to Hamza Yusuf)
                            Destroying the lies of the Murjiah!
                            http://www.islamic-awareness.org
                            http://islamqa.info/ - Best source on Islamic fatwas
                            Shia Death squads in Iraq ethnically cleansing Sunnis

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: how to create a website

                              Originally posted by MMS View Post
                              lollll

                              that would be anyone but a dumbass who needs nothing more than a normal text editor
                              nicely said, you gotta be a dumbass to spend money of baby tools to do the job for you, when you can do a pro job with notepad and photoshop! :up:

                              you probably do php with notepad to right? :p
                              ...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X