Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3 player or new phone?

Asalaamu alaikum

I have the Quran downloaded on my phone but when I am out or just listening to it the phones battery tends to die pretty quick.

I want something small like an mp3 player where I only have the Quran downloaded on it. I also heard they have a longer battery life. Only thing is I do not know which one to buy.

Also thought maybe get a new phone instead and just use that for the Quran only and not for anything else.

Anyone know which would be better. I also would not know how much memory would be needed on the mp3 player to download full recitation of the Quran. I would only have one recitor.

Any suggestions?

Mp3 would be cheaper

Comment

Originally posted by Mintchocchip View Post
      Asalaamu alaikum

I have the Quran downloaded on my phone but when I am out or just listening to it the phones battery tends to die pretty quick.

I want something small like an mp3 player where I only have the Quran downloaded on it. I also heard they have a longer battery life. Only thing is I do not know which one to buy.

Also thought maybe get a new phone instead and just use that for the Quran only and not for anything else.

Anyone know which would be better. I also would not know how much memory would be needed on the mp3 player to download full recitation of the Quran. I would only have one recitor.

Any suggestions?

Assalamualaikum sister,

I would say the best solution is earphones with an MP3 player inbuilt.

The battery life is long, the convenience is there (just pull them around your neck when not using, no need for storage), and and no need to mess about with earphones and their wires and a separate player, or, Bluetooth earphones and their pairing issues alongside a separate player.

I've used Sony's NWZ series for years now since about 2011 and alhamdulillah they have always been the best for me.

1. Long battery life (charges 90% in 3 minutes) due to no display

2. Good sound and easy to transfer MP3s to via USB

3. There are also some models that have Bluetooth and can also act as Bluetooth earphones to use with other devices but the price goes up a fair amount from £49 to £150

4. The sony ones are waterproof against rain and even swimming alhamdulilah.

5. Having physical buttons right next to your ear is also extremely convenient, no pulling anything out of your pocket or purse

These are the current models Sony offer, 4 GB is only £59.00 (more than enough really for even 3 reciters of full Qur'an) is the basic one then there is 8GB for more, and then the £150 model which has Bluetooth and a handheld remote.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...%3A+Sony+NW-WS

There are some Chinese ones too but as usual these will not last long and for £59I think the Sony 4GB one is the best.

As long as you don't need a display then alhamdulillah this is simple and I think keeping anything of our dunya simple and unobtrusive is a blessing, inshaa Allah.

I hope this is of some benefit to you and others, ameen.
      Last edited by matcha; 27-12-18, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by matcha View Post

Assalamualaikum sister,

I would say the best solution is earphones with an MP3 player inbuilt.

The battery life is long, the convenience is there (just pull them around your neck when not using, no need for storage), and and no need to mess about with earphones and their wires and a separate player, or, Bluetooth earphones and their pairing issues alongside a separate player.

I've used Sony's NWZ series for years now since about 2011 and alhamdulillah they have always been the best for me.

1. Long battery life (charges 90% in 3 minutes) due to no display

2. Good sound and easy to transfer MP3s to via USB

3. There are also some models that have Bluetooth and can also act as Bluetooth earphones to use with other devices but the price goes up a fair amount from £49 to £150

4. The sony ones are waterproof against rain and even swimming alhamdulilah.

5. Having physical buttons right next to your ear is also extremely convenient, no pulling anything out of your pocket or purse

These are the current models Sony offer, 4 GB is only £59.00 (more than enough really for even 3 reciters of full Qur'an) is the basic one then there is 8GB for more, and then the £150 model which has Bluetooth and a handheld remote.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...%3A+Sony+NW-WS

There are some Chinese ones too but as usual these will not last long and for £59I think the Sony 4GB one is the best.

As long as you don't need a display then alhamdulillah this is simple and I think keeping anything of our dunya simple and unobtrusive is a blessing, inshaa Allah.

I hope this is of some benefit to you and others, ameen.
        JazakAllah khair for the detailed reply.

I had seen some on the Argos and PC World websites but was not too sure which one would be best hence the thread.

I do want something simple so do not mind if it does not have a display screen and do not need Bluetooth.

The one you mentiond is also the £59 in Argos and PC world so inshaAllah will get it from one of them stores as I do not have Amazon.

Once again jazakAlllah khair for taking the time to reply.

Comment

Originally posted by HafidhMoinul View Post
          Mp3 would be cheaper
          InshaAllah going to get an MP3 player.

Comment

Asalaamu alaikum

Any suggestions?
            Battery pack for your phone?

Comment

Originally posted by oshirowanen View Post
              Battery pack for your phone?
              Asalaam alaikum

JazakAllah khairun for your suggestion.

I do have one but sometimes forget to charge it and sometimes forget to take it with me.

Comment

JazakAllah khair for the detailed reply.

I had seen some on the Argos and PC World websites but was not too sure which one would be best hence the thread.

I do want something simple so do not mind if it does not have a display screen and do not need Bluetooth.

The one you mentiond is also the £59 in Argos and PC world so inshaAllah will get it from one of them stores as I do not have Amazon.

Once again jazakAlllah khair for taking the time to reply.
                Not at all sister, it was my pleasure alhamdulillah. I hope you like it.

Comment

Asalaamu alaikum

Any suggestions?
                  Lol...

This is no different to asking ‘Loyalty to the forum or bounce?’

Of course an MP3 player! They are great and what else is that the battery lasts infinitely longer than that of a phone. I still have mine from April 2009 when it was gifted to me and it still works and is in good condition.
                  Mine is a Phillips but I don’t think you will find it these days. However somebody has already suggested one so ‘meh’, as the kids will say.

Comment

Working...
                  X