X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Those who enter the kingdom of heaven

Originally posted by Pip1 View Post
    Says you. Prove it.
    Prove that in John 6:40 Jesus was addressing the crowd in his time and NOT to you or the Christians today ??

Sure, just read John 6 again and you will see many references why that was so. Here are some of them :

“Then they asked him…” – John 6:28
    “So they asked him….” – John 6:30
    “Jesus said to them…” – John 6:32
    “Sir,” they said, ”always give us this bread” - John 6:34
    “At this, the Jews there began to grumble…” – John 6;41
    “Stop grumbling among yourselves” – John 6:43

Unless you can prove that the ‘they’, the ‘them’, ‘the Jews there’ and ‘among themselves’ here are meant for you and the Christians today, I would say the ‘they’, the ‘them’ the ‘Jews there’ and ‘among themselves’ in John 6 are references to the folks in his time whom Jesus was addressing.

So, its only you who said in John 6, in particular, John 6:40, Jesus was addressing you and the Christians today, so, prove it.

Says you. Prove it. Obviously, I can't believe you even bothered to post that.
    Obviously what, Pip ?? Obviously to have eternal life you must believe in Jesus or obviously to have eternal life, you must believe in Him, that is,God who has sent Jesus ??

Yes do you.

On second thoughts use your time more productively, don't try and prove anything.
    Yes, I do and obviously, you don’t.

Tell you what - why don’t you clear the air and explain what does ‘believe in Jesus’ really mean to a Christian like you ?

On second thoughts use your time more productively, don't try and explain, let alone, prove, anything as I doubt you will be able to, that is, without contradicting the teachings of Jesus.

Comment

Working...
    X