Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is reading the Torah forbidden in Islam?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is reading the Torah forbidden in Islam?

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
    This is not authentic as per islam Q site.

But nevertheless reading Torah as for knowledge is not wrong. It is wrong to derive religious matters from them.
    If you do not read it , how will you invite them towards Islam. Allah swt says that Muhammad SAW name has been mentioned in previous divine books. We have a authentic hadeeth where prophet shows respect to Torah.
    JazakAllahk khair i didnt know still i think the hadith is good in the message it sends

Im not gonna risk my imaan reading these distorted books
    Il leave the comparative religion dawah side to the scholars
    In terms of me giving dawah on a personal level i can still give dawah without knowledge of their books and people who seek islam will come to you and will be curious most of the time
    The people that you have to debate with and proove wrong most of the time from what i see dont want to hear your side and accept islam

You can give dawah without reading the torah

Respecting the torah doesnt mean reading it.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
      First all of we dont need to read the torah it was for a different time we have the Quran and in the Quran it says Allah has perfected this religion
      And the quran is for everyone until the end of the world so we dont need to read any book beside Quran

Second of all these books have been altered and distorted and the shaytaan could easily cause you to become fasinated by these books. Also the prophet always made duaa that Allah keeps him steadfast on this deen hes a prophet then what about us. Theres a hadith that states Allah holds are souls between his fingers. Basically you can go muslim to kaafir just lile that. We have to beg Allah to keep us muslim. Reading the bible ad torah is dangerous you could easily become a kaafir if your imaan is weak
      There is a difference between reading and following though. I don't think Allah has forbidden anyone from reading them.
      "East, west, south, or north makes little difference. No matter what your destination, just be sure to make every journey a journey within. If you travel within, you’ll travel the whole wide world and beyond." - Rule 9. - The Forty Rules of Love.

Comment

Originally posted by HealerofWorlds View Post
        There is a difference between reading and following though. I don't think Allah has forbidden anyone from reading them.
        From the hadith, I kind of understood that the prophet, may he rest in peace, considered the Torah mandatory for those who declare allegiance to Judaism, i.e. the Jews. This is obviously not the case for those who declare allegiance to Islam, i.e. the Muslims, to whom the Quran is mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by msmoorad View Post
          salaams to all

im finding it very strange that we have muslims here who doubt that the Torah & the Bible were altered.
          u guys need to spend time in the company of the ulama on a regular basis.

cant u see that all the wars & chaos in the world is due to exactly this?
          these ppl dont want to obey Allah ta'alas commands & changed their books to suit their desires & convenience

and they would like to see us do the same

sad to say, many muslims seem to be living their lives no different from the enemies of Allah
          and they use the intelligence that Allah ta'ala has blessed them with, to try to do with Islam what the kuffaar have done to the divine books that were revealed to them.

may Allah ta'ala guide us all & strengthen our Imaan so that we practice our deen openly despite the insults & criticism we may receive from ppl.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
          jazakallah
          Is there an ayah in the Qur'an that support that statement? Or at the very least an authentic Hadith.
          Last edited by hassan246; 03-10-17, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X