Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What logic/reason do Salafis employ in rationalizing their belief of God being seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What logic/reason do Salafis employ in rationalizing their belief of God being seen?

What logic/reason do Salafis employ in rationalizing their belief of God being seen, heard and being a physical entity?
    (I should stress, my intention is not to offend anyone but I'm curious how Salafi aqeedah rationalizes this.)

“Possession of two hands is a quality of Allah, we believe in it as we believe in other qualities”

-Sefat Allah by Alawi al-Saqaaf, page 246
    “Allah almighty created Adam (pbuh) with his own two hands both of which are right sided”

-Al-Wajiz fi Aqidat Al-Salaf al-Saleh by Abdullah al-Athari, page 47
    “The creed of Ahlulsunnah wal Jamah is that Allah speaks physically whenever He wants, whatever He wants and in whichever form He wants, by voice and words”

-Sharh al-Aqida al-Wasetiya by Imam Ibn Uthaimin, page 265
    Muhammad bin Qays narrated that A man came to Ka’b and asked him, ‘O Ka’b, where is our Lord?’ People rebuked him, saying: ‘You dare ask such about Allah?’ Ka’b answered, ‘If you are learned, strive to learn more. And, if you are ignorant, seek knowledge. You asked about our Lord. He is above the great Throne, sitting, placing one of His legs over the other.
    Tafsir al-Tabari, volume 21 page 501 Surah 42 Verse 5
    https://s8.postimg.org/cy156cvat/ibn1.jpg
    We conclude that it was eyesight as it is in the sahih narration from Qutada from Ikrama from Ibn Abbas said that the Prophet said: I saw God in image of beardless(man), with long curly hair in a green garden"

-Bayan Talbis Al-Jahmiyah, Ibn Taymiyyah, Vol 7, Page 280
    Last edited by Shīrwān Āl-Kūrdī; 11-05-17, 11:15 PM.

Re: What logic/reason do Salafis employ in rationalizing their belief of God being se

Originally posted by Shīrwān Āl-Kūrdī View Post
    What logic/reason do Salafis employ in rationalizing their belief of God being seen, heard and being a physical entity?
    (I should stress, my intention is not to offend anyone but I'm curious how Salafi aqeedah rationalizes this.)

Try reading the quran for starters.

Comment

Re: What logic/reason do Salafis employ in rationalizing their belief of God being se

These links will going to help you understanding the attributes of Allah

https://islamqa.info/en/151794

https://islamqa.info/en/166843

https://islamqa.info/en/124469

https://islamqa.info/en/163948
      Ibn Al Qayyim may Allah have mercy on him said: ("
      )

Comment

And with regard of hadith I saw God ...

https://islamqa.info/en/12423

https://islamqa.info/en/14096
        )

Comment

Originally posted by Dinobot View Post
          Try reading the quran for starters.
          Care to explain what the Quran states exactly in support of you?

Comment

Originally posted by Tayoofa View Post
            Yes I've seen these links but none of the answers make logical sense. Infact they are proving my point in regards to the Salafis percieving God to be a physical entity.

From your own link:
            This indicates that it is confirmed that Allah, may He be exalted, has a foot.
            https://islamqa.info/en/166843
            Point being here is the salafi position is a self-contradiction in itself because if the meaning is "apparent" then automatically it is literally to be taken. Since the Salafis don't believe in ta'wil(metaphor/allegory). Therefore even if you say "allah has hands but like no other hands", you are still contending God is a physical entity, be it in another higher dimensional realm. That concludes God is a physical entity and is constrained because then God takes up dimensions.

This is in direct contradiction to the Quran and actually if you Quran(75:22) against Surah Al-An'am verse number 103; you are automatically making the Quran contradict itself. Therefore the Quran cannot contradict itself because it is the infallible book of Allah and so one interpretation has to be wrong. Either the salafist interpretation or my interpretation. I contend it is the salafist one because from a logical standpoint, none of it has been rationalized and doesn't make sense.

لَّا تُدْرِكُهُ الْأَبْصَارُ وَهُوَ يُدْرِكُ الْأَبْصَارَ ۖ وَهُوَ اللَّطِيفُ الْخَبِيرُ - 6:103
            Vision perceives Him not, but He perceives [all] vision; and He is the Subtle, the Acquainted.
            Also Ibn Kathir's tafseer states the same:

Comment

the quran states that Allah spoke to musa directly without an intermediary and created adam with both of his hands.

Your call

Comment

want to witness god on this realm eh

well you should read this first

"And when Moses arrived at Our appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he said, "My Lord, show me [Yourself] that I may look at You." [ Allah ] said, "You will not see Me, but look at the mountain; if it should remain in place, then you will see Me." But when his Lord appeared to the mountain, He rendered it level, and Moses fell unconscious. And when he awoke, he said, "Exalted are You! I have repented to You, and I am the first of the believers."

i wouldnt recommend doing this, a glimpse can make you faint, then what will happen if you witnessed the majesty of the one ?

no prophet (pbut) witnessed god, like face to face.

spoke too yes, but standing exactly infront of him, well, the previous verse should explain some things

saying that god looks like a man is a typical anthropomorphic concept that many religions have taken towards what they worship. the "gods" of the egyptians look egyptian, the "gods" of the greeks look greek etc etc etc

god told us "There is nothing like unto Him"

i hope this answer it

but it seems that it wont
                Last edited by magok; 12-05-17, 11:45 PM.

Comment

We as Muslims accept that Allah has these attributes as He has described but do not liken them to human or other creation's attributes. This is the understanding I was given.

I'm not a 'salafi' however, but I am a non-Shia.

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post
                    We as Muslims accept that Allah has these attributes as He has described but do not liken them to human or other creation's attributes. This is the understanding I was given.

Then who are you lool

I mean we should all follow Quran and Sunnah and what the Sahabah and tab'een did because these were the best of Ummah as prophet PBUH were asked who amongst the people were the best. He said: ("(People) of my generation, then those next to them, then those next to them, then there would come a people whose evidence would precede their oath and their oath would precede their evidence.") Sahih Muslim
                    )

Comment

Originally posted by Tayoofa View Post
                      Then who are you lool

I mean we should all follow Quran and Sunnah and what the Sahabah and tab'een did because these were the best of Ummah as prophet PBUH were asked who amongst the people were the best. He said: ("(People) of my generation, then those next to them, then those next to them, then there would come a people whose evidence would precede their oath and their oath would precede their evidence.") Sahih Muslim
                      I don't like the term 'salafi'; it lends an image of arrogance to the one claiming to be a 'salafi'.

I am sunny and that's it.

Comment

I don't like the term 'salafi'; it lends an image of arrogance to the one claiming to be a 'salafi'.

I am sunny and that's it.
                        yes, i am like this weakling

a sunni only

Comment

We affirm Allaah's attributes literally. At the same time, we know He does NOT resemble His creation. For example, Allaah has Hands but His Hands are different from the hands we have. It definitely does not resemble the creation.
                          If following Aḥmad makes me a 'Wahhābī', then I declare that I am one.

Comment

If Allah (SWT) says in his speech he is upon a throne then he is upon a throne, it's quite simple, Allah (SWT) doesn't complicate things Islam is easy Alhamdulillah.

Comment

The OP is a shia who has no issues with dead imams in their graves listening to millions of people and their duas like as if they are on a personal landline to them

But he has issue with Allah speaking directly to musa as

shias man

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X