Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Talibilm.. Reasons why the Comforter cannot be Mohammed

Originally posted by Figs View Post
    What's a comforter? I am not too knowledgeable on comparative religion:D. I know it's a dumb question. :(
    It's not a dumb question.. :) The Bible word in question in John 14 is "parakletos" which is greek and is translated as “Comforter” or “Counsellor” or "Advocate" properly means “one called to the side of another,”... counselling or supporting him. This Counselor, or Paraclete, or Comforter is shown to be the Holy Spirit in the Bible. He is a personal being who indwells every believer bringing understanding of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Arbed View Post
      It's not a dumb question.. :) The Bible word in question in John 14 is "parakletos" which is greek and is translated as “Comforter” or “Counsellor” or "Advocate" properly means “one called to the side of another,”... counselling or supporting him. This Counselor, or Paraclete, or Comforter is shown to be the Holy Spirit in the Bible. He is a personal being who indwells every believer bringing understanding of God.
      Oh, okay. So the Comforter is God for you guys? Or a part of the Trinity? Since the Trinity is God, Son, and Holy Ghost (I think, correct me if I'm wrong).

Comment

Oh, okay. So the Comforter is God for you guys? Or a part of the Trinity? Since the Trinity is God, Son, and Holy Ghost (I think, correct me if I'm wrong).
        Yep... That's about it.. Although it's not that a trinity is God but rather God is triune in nature.

Comment

Yep... That's about it.. Although it's not that a trinity is God but rather God is triune in nature.
          Oh, alright. I think many non-Christians have an idea that you guys believe that God is 3 in one one in 3, the Trinity.
          I never knew that the 3 were just attributes to God for you guys. Am I right?

Comment

Oh, alright. I think many non-Christians have an idea that you guys believe that God is 3 in one one in 3, the Trinity.
            I never knew that the 3 were just attributes to God for you guys. Am I right?
            There can only be ONE God. All the Bible prophets knew this for a fact. Jesus taught there is ONE God. Ergo.. God is ONE. The Bible reveals that God is the sum of His word and His Spirit... The "trinity" is a man made concept best thought to describe the nature of God as God revealed Himself to be to mankind in the Bible scriptures. If I am to believe what Jesus taught about God.. That God is LOVE.. That all Gods attributes stem from His divine love.. Then the trinity makes perfect sense to me. How to perfectly demonstrate Gods loving nature, that God existed in an eternal community of love, by which all of creation is come into being.

I have often asked muslims how does the concept of Tawheed, Allah's absolute oneness allow for the demonstration of divine love. I have never got an answer... Except for the repetition of Suras that state God is One.. But we all know that, that fact has never been in dispute..

Absolute oneness is not found anywhere within creation.. God created man in His "image and likeness" so one could assume that creation as a whole would reflect this absolute oneness.. It does not, creation consists of plural unity in abundance.

Comment

Yes one called to the side of the other , So the Prophet's called the people to the side of God from the side of Satan so he is called the COMFORTER or "parakletos" in Greek.

Arbed your window dressing i s good but you can't change the world known Fact that Christianity was influenced first by the Greeks to which your NT was translated first and the Greeks custom of taking God sires women to give offsprings which were called as son of God like Hercules's mother Sired by Jupieter
              and becomes son of god. Do not call Bart an atheist he became a agnostic after serving you ( Chrsitianity) for 30 years with more devotion than any other true Christian and he is a good unbiased person who do not accept to Lie which he founds in the roots of his religion

Your books still give testimony to it as some of your versions use the word '' begotten '' and some other use '' Unique'' and our Islamic records prove that also as there were four denominations calling Jesus a god, Sired son of God ONLY in Bahrain at 610 AD.

If you do not believe us your well reputed Bible Scholar Bart Erhman says the same that Chrisitians believed that God begot sired Mary as he walks and giggles eats calf eat & hot buns like Yahwh when he visits Sara to make her conceive her. The same story in the noble Quran says Allah created both Issac and Jesus by a word of ''command ' 'being above 7 skies & that's why the foretold COMFORTER Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) came to '' GUIDE YOU TO ALL TRUTH as in John 16:13-15, .
              My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by talibilm09 View Post

Yes one called to the side of the other , So the Prophet's called the people to the side of God from the side of Satan so he is called the COMFORTER or "parakletos" in Greek.

Arbed your window dressing i s good but you can't change the world known Fact that Christianity was influenced first by the Greeks to which your NT was translated first and the Greeks custom of taking God sires women to give offsprings which were called as son of God like Hercules's mother Sired by Jupieter
                and becomes son of god. Do not call Bart an atheist he became a agnostic after serving you ( Chrsitianity) for 30 years with more devotion than any other true Christian and he is a good unbiased person who do not accept to Lie which he founds in the roots of his religion

The New Testament was FIRST written in Greek. NOT translated to Greek. As for the rest of your comments .. Not worth a comment as its all be said before... Bart Erhman... Blah.. Blah etc.

Your books still give testimony to it as some of your versions use the word '' begotten '' and some other use '' Unique'' and our Islamic records prove that also as there were four denominations calling Jesus a god, Sired son of God ONLY in Bahrain at 610 AD.
                The word used is monogenes... Which more accurately translated to mean one and only... Unique..of its kind. That's why christians are disgusted and sickened when muslims refer to Jesus as Gods son implying biologically. Forgive me if I don't put to much faith in your Islamic records when it comes to interpreting Bible scripture.

If you do not believe us your well reputed Bible Scholar Bart Erhman says the same that Chrisitians believed that God begot sired Mary as he walks and giggles eats calf eat & hot buns like Yahwh when he visits Sara to make her conceive her. The same story in the noble Quran says Allah created both Issac and Jesus by a word of ''command ' 'being above 7 skies & that's why the foretold COMFORTER Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) came to '' GUIDE YOU TO ALL TRUTH as in John 16:13-15, .
                how many times have I asked you ... Please DO NOT blaspheme the prophets or their wives!!! You are the only person I have ever heard say such a thing of Sarah, Abrahams wife. I'm going to spell this out for you once more... And although I don't like using capitals to get my point across as its deemed to be shouting ... On this point I feel there's a need..

THE MIRACLE OF SARAH AND THE BIRTH OF ISAAC IN HER ADVANCED YEARS.. WAS THE REJUVENATION OF HER AGED WOMB... THAT SHE MAY CONCEIVE ABRAHAM'S CHILD. ISAAC WAS THE CHILD OF ABRAHAM AND SARAH.. CONCEIVED THE NORMAL WAY BETWEEN HUSBAND AND WIFE.

Also for the last time... Bart Erhman is your Bible scholar NOT mine. How about you look at the remaining points in my Op ... Below ..... and see if you can grasp how the comforter cannot be Mohammed.

3 ~ The Comforter would come from Heaven directly from God see John 15:26..... Mohammed with all due respect, was ordinarily born in this World to parents; grew up ordinarily, became an employed trader etc before he eventually became the Prophet of Islam.

4 ~ The Comforter, according to Jesus himself, was the Holy Spirit which his disciples Knew because he (the Spirit) was with them and was going to dwell in their mind see John 14:17......... Mohammed never lived with Jesus' disciples and he was a physical being who did not dwell in the mind.

5 ~ The Comforter would be with Jesus' disciples and, of course the subsequent faithful for ever see John 14:16 .........Mohammed died long ago and has a tomb.

6 ~ As Jesus promised, the Comforter came to the disciples before they departed Jerusalem see Acts 2:3-4...... Like I said earlier, Mohammed came a distant 6 generations later, and is there any evidence that Mohammed was in Jerusalem at Pentecost?

7 ~ Jesus said the Comforter would bring to their remembrance His teachings. In preparation for their mission to take the Gospel of Jesus to all peoples.... Mohammed never heard Jesus teach so would have been unable to assist the disciples in this way. Besides Mohammed brought a message that was diametrically opposed to the mission of Jesus.

Comment

Spot on the trnity...paganism.
                  ".......He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them (kuffar) their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.Amongst them we have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief."(5:64)

Comment

Originally posted by snow_flakes View Post
                    ***Yawn*** Snowy.. Lass, come on. Change the record. :D

Comment

Originally posted by snow_flakes View Post
                      ***Yawn*** Snowy.. Dear Lass, come on. Change the record. :D

Comment

[COLOR="#000000"]
                        The New Testament was FIRST written in Greek. NOT translated to Greek. As for the rest of your comments .. Not worth a comment as its all be said before... Bart Erhman... Blah.. Blah etc.
                        So you prove Bart Erhmans claims that the originals of NT disappeared because Jesus spoke the semetic language ' Aramaic'' and was born among Aramaic speaking peasants and he did not Utter anything directly in GREEK , Right ?

The word used is monogenes... Which more accurately translated to mean one and only... Unique..of its kind. That's why christians are disgusted and sickened when muslims refer to Jesus as Gods son implying biologically. Forgive me if I don't put to much faith in your Islamic records when it comes to interpreting Bible scripture.
                        If Arbed says he is not '' begotten '' it does not mean all others of 40000 denomination say the same. Even Causative was arguing with me that '' Begotten '' was the correct concept . Begotten means https://www.google.co.in/?gfe_rd=cr&...q=begets+means So cool down sister you cant hide a world known fact though i understand you want to uplift your dying religion with your renewed views but fact is a fact or the word '' beget '' would have never found in your books when it talks about god's & Jesus's relationship

how many times have I asked you ... Please DO NOT blaspheme the prophets or their wives!!! You are the only person I have ever heard say such a thing of Sarah, Abrahams wife. I'm going to spell this out for you once more... And although I don't like using capitals to get my point across as its deemed to be shouting ... On this point I feel there's a need.

THE MIRACLE OF SARAH AND THE BIRTH OF ISAAC IN HER ADVANCED YEARS.. WAS THE REJUVENATION OF HER AGED WOMB... THAT SHE MAY CONCEIVE ABRAHAM'S CHILD. ISAAC WAS THE CHILD OF ABRAHAM AND SARAH.. CONCEIVED THE NORMAL WAY BETWEEN HUSBAND AND WIFE. .
                        How may times i 've told you not to preach your defunct views on a Muslim forum . If you people do not come here and preach your ' absurd ' views than there is n't any need to discuss YOUR books about the filthy things to which you turn blind eyes. Why did jehovah came and ate hot buns & calf meat ? clear this first Why he can't do his job sitting in the skies, that does consonants with the Majesty of the LORD MOST HIGH !!! .

Also for the last time... Bart Erhman is your Bible scholar NOT mine. How about you look at the remaining points in my Op ... Below ..... and see if you can grasp how the comforter cannot be Mohammed.

3 ~ The Comforter would come from Heaven directly from God see John 15:26..... Mohammed with all due respect, was ordinarily born in this World to parents; grew up ordinarily, became an employed trader etc before he eventually became the Prophet of Islam.

4 ~ The Comforter, according to Jesus himself, was the Holy Spirit which his disciples Knew because he (the Spirit) was with them and was going to dwell in their mind see John 14:17......... Mohammed never lived with Jesus' disciples and he was a physical being who did not dwell in the mind.

5 ~ The Comforter would be with Jesus' disciples and, of course the subsequent faithful for ever see John 14:16 .........Mohammed died long ago and has a tomb.

6 ~ As Jesus promised, the Comforter came to the disciples before they departed Jerusalem see Acts 2:3-4...... Like I said earlier, Mohammed came a distant 6 generations later, and is there any evidence that Mohammed was in Jerusalem at Pentecost?

7 ~ Jesus said the Comforter would bring to their remembrance His teachings. In preparation for their mission to take the Gospel of Jesus to all peoples.... Mohammed never heard Jesus teach so would have been unable to assist the disciples in this way. Besides Mohammed brought a message that was diametrically opposed to the mission of Jesus.
                        Most of your above claims i 've refuted proving it was Jesus the comforter, the spirit of truth as every prophet was , who was eating, living, sleeping and staying with the disciples and who will re united with you in the last days of the world and not the holy spirit .

Sister Arbed, you have been ALWAYS ELUDING MY QUESTION to you, after how many days after Jesus's vanishing did the spirit of Pentacost descended on disciples after how many days ? and also how may disciiples were there ? any Narration direct or verses from your book describing what did the Holy Spirit say ? ( Like hadith, quote a narration with chain of transmitters ) Or I will declare that ITS JUST A FAKE INCIDENT a Fairy tale and there is nothing a holy spirit except the Angel Gabriel who is called the PURE SPIRIT in the Noble Quran

So hope you grasp why the comforter is ONLY Muhammad (pbuh) See 6 PROOFS from JUST ONE VERSE from your NT

''John 16:13-15Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

13 However, when the Spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own initiative but will say only what he hears. He will also announce to you the events of the future. 14 He will glorify me, because he will receive from what is mine and announce it to you.''

Points to note ( explaining the above verse of John )

1) Spirit of truth a figurative speech for THE truth speaking person since the bible have such figurative speeches in tons like Father (God) Son of God ( the Pious person ) and also see different spirits ( From Bible ) 1) spirit of wisdom 2) spirit of jealousy 3) Spirit of slavery 4) Spirit of Evil etc all from your books But Prophet Muhammad was the Spirit of truth , Never lied in his life and and even disclosed to the public those noble Quran verses which exposed his errors as a Human :up: '' the spirit of truth ''

2) he will guide you into all the truth; , what did the holy spirit '' GUIDE " ? in what truth ? Guide means to guide someone when they are Mislead So the verse prophesizes , you Arbed, aj4u and all Chrisitians will be MISLEAD so then you will require a GUIDE to guide you to THE TRUTH , whereas the Spirit of Pentacoste descended with in 15 days ( or 150 days , Right ? as per earlier your post ? ) Do you think your 12 disciples and their followers were misguided with 150 days of Jesus vanishing ? if so what did holy spirit say ? to which truth ? give narrations like hadith with chain of narrators but Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) guided you to all the truth that Mary was chaste ,Jesus was the messiah, a prophet and a servant of Allah not begotten , not killed like a criminal and the books have been distorted, All prophets like Lot(pbuh) were not criminals etc etc etc

3) for he will not speak on his own initiative but will say only what he hears , but the holy spirit ghost spoke of its own in different languages but its only Muhammd who fullfilled this as in the Noble Quran 53: 3- 4

''Nor does he speak from [his own] inclination. It is not but a revelation revealed,''

4) He will also announce to you the events of the future which is IRREFUTABLE with Prophet Muhammds more than 240 prophecies with over 80 % fullfilled the remaining awaited to be full filled but poor Holy GHOST did not prophesize even just ONE Prophesy . [B]ONLY THIS PROOF IS ENOUGH TO PROVE COMFORTER WAS NEVER AND NOT THE HOLY GHOST WHICH NEVER MADE A PROPHESY :up:

5) He will glorify me,, where and how did the holy Ghost Glorified Jesus when the world lead by the Jews were calling Jesus with 7 letter filthy word and was insulting his Mother Maryam , so what was the Holy Ghost doing for 600 years ?
                        watching HBC ? ( Hebrew brodcasting Channel ? ) BUT I will CHALLENGE YOU ITS ONLY PROPHET MUHAMMAD '' an OUTSIDER glorified dignified Jesus for 1st time after 600 years of blasphemy and indeed man is very ungrateful than dogs and Jesus says (something like that too ) calling them the people of ''inequity or lawlessness '' in Matthew 7:22-23 and those who claim Muhammad (pbuh) did not glorify Jesus will surely come under this

6) he will receive from what is mine and announce it to you[/COLOR] Again its only Muhammad the prophet who received or continued the POST of the Prophet from after Jesus(pbuh) and announced to you all that he was the continual of Prophet Hood of Jesus and he confirmed us that no Prophet came in between Jesus and Muhammad (pbuh) is another proof of it.

Conclusion Tal: 9 :D Arb : 1 : : ( only John 14:26, a contradiction) in favor of Muhammad (pbuh) is the another and Last comforter of the world
                        who was also foretold in every major religion of the world

peace , peace, peace on to you all, have a good sleep as i am relieved a bit today when my old house repairing work is over , Thanks Allah
                        My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

Edit: Correction :Why did jehovah came and ate hot buns & calf meat ? clear this first Why he can't do his job sitting in the skies, that does NOT consonants with the Majesty of the LORD, THE MOST HIGH !!! .
                          My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by talibilm09 View Post
                            Edit: Correction :Why did jehovah came and ate hot buns & calf meat ? clear this first Why he can't do his job sitting in the skies, that does NOT consonants with the Majesty of the LORD, THE MOST HIGH !!! .
                            The Bible promised a Spirit, and a Spirit came.....
                            Why should I think thats figurative speech????

Comment

Taliban said:

2) he will guide you into all the truth; , what did the holy spirit '' GUIDE " ? in what truth ? Guide means to guide someone when they are Mislead So the verse prophesizes , you Arbed, aj4u and all Chrisitians will be MISLEAD so then you will require a GUIDE to guide you to THE TRUTH , whereas the Spirit of Pentacoste descended with in 15 days ( or 150 days , Right ? as per earlier your post ? ) Do you think your 12 disciples and their followers were misguided with 150 days of Jesus vanishing

Who defines Guide that way?????
                              Guide them to all truth....
                              Jesus had said that He had manu things to say to them but that they werent ready yet to receive it.
                              Bit they would be led to all truth by that Guide.

They werent deceived, but they had not learned all doctrinr yet.
                              That came with the Holy Spirit.

Who defines guide that way.

Comment

Jesus said the Comforter would bring to their remembrance His teachings. In preparation for their mission to take the Gospel of Jesus to all peoples.... Mohammed never heard Jesus teach so would have been unable to assist the disciples in this way. Besides Mohammed brought a message that was diametrically opposed to the mission of Jesus.

So in conclusion.. The Comforter Jesus promised is the Holy Spirit.. Whom proceeded from God and was sent by Jesus..
                                I would like to hear a Muslim response to this comment, but they never respond to certain questions

Comment

Working...
                                X