• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mona123
    started a topic Reasons Why I Became a Shia

Reasons Why I Became a Shia

Salam Alaikum brothers and sisters.

I just wanted to share my story why I converted to Shia islam. I have no disrespect towards my Sunni brothers and sisters. I only want to inform others why I became a Shia because I have been frequently asked by my Sunni friends this same question. I was raised as a Sunni, but later on in my life I started search into Shia Islam. I found many information about Shia Islam that I connected with and also made much more sense. Here is a quick intro for my conversion to Shia Islam. Basically I wanted to search into why we pray differently than our Shia brothers and sisters, and I found this video that completely shocked me. It's exaclty how I used to pray. So then I looked into history and everything made sense to me. Here is the video that I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8UuKifnxBs

Go to 3:01, thats when he begins to pray.

Inshallah I didn't offend anyone, I only wanted to explain my story. Many of my Sunni friends were very curious about my story so I thought of also sharing it online. I have more reasons for converting to Shia Islam, but the posture of prayer in the Sunni sect is just a very tiny and quick reason for my conversion.

• Dontknowname
    replied
    Originally posted by muhajir12 View Post

Oh well if that was the case than I probably made a mistake and I thank you for correcting me brother.
    No problem, sorry for being a bit harsh

Leave a comment:

• cloud9
    replied
    allah, ilah, rabb in the quran is known as allah, alo in the vedas and allah Upanishad, he is known as allah and rabb in Sikh scriptures. he is known as elohim, eloha, ilah and rabb in jewish scriptures. allah is known as elah, ilah, rabb in Aramaic gospel and alaha in syriac gospel.

Leave a comment:

• cloud9
    replied
    Muhammad pbuh is mentioned in all major scriptures, he is mentioned in the vedas, the scriptures of the hindus, in the guru ghant sahib page 141, the Sikh scriptures, in the torah, the songs of soloman, the jewish scriptures, in the bible as the comforter, the prophet prophecised to come by jesus Christ after him, the Christian scripture, and Muhammad pbuh is known as the maitreya in the buddist scripture, the Buddha to come, maitreya means the merciful and the beneficent one, two of Muhammad's pbuh names.

Leave a comment:

• cloud9
    replied
    syed abu bakr saddiq who was the father in law of Muhammad pbuh and the father of hazrat Aisha.syed abu bakr saddiq was decreed by allah to be the khalifah and the leader of the muslims after Muhammad pbuh passed away, syed abu bakr saddiq held a higher rank than syed hazrat ali, as syed abu bakr saddiq was the father in law and syed hazrat ali was the son in law. shia's pray on a black stone on the prayer mat and this is shirk as it interfers with the purity of worship of allah. the alulbait are the family of Muhammad pbuh and they are not prophets. syed hazrat ali was the son in law and not the prophet so he does not and neither do any of the alulbait have the same rank and honour as the prophet Muhammad pbuh as Muhammad pbuh was the prophet of allah who had the quran revealed to him through the angel gabriael. syed hazrat ali nor any of the alulbait were prophets. the missing alulbait for the shias is syed abu bakr saddiq. the wives of prophet Muhammad pbuh are also alulbait as they were formed from the rib of Muhammad pbuh. beating oneself is not allowed as no one carries the sins of their ancestors, every baby that is born is free from sins and does not carry the sins of its parents. the body is an amanah of allah and allah does not like for us to harm it, that is why alcohol, smoking and drugs are forbidden as they harm the body. beating oneself is not allowed in islam. I hope I have made the differences between sunni and shia clear. we are one ummah of Muhammad pbuh and should give the rank and honour to Muhammad pbuh that he deserves and not pray through anyone else to allah along with him as he is the prophet of allah. we send peace and salutations to Muhammad pbuh and the alulbait i.e the family of Muhammad pbuh. by the way I am sunni. p.s he alulbait i.e the family of Muhammad pbuh are syed abu bakr saddiq, syed hazrat ali, syeda Fatima al Zahra, syed imams Hassan and hussain and the wives of the prophet also the sons and daughters of Muhammad pbuh e.g zainab, ruqkia, qasim etc. etc.
    Last edited by cloud9; 15-05-18, 10:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• muhajir12
    replied
    Originally posted by Dontknowname View Post

LOL, first i never called you ignorant, you would know if u had some basic reading comprehension, i was explaining what he was saying and correcting ur claim that he used the plural in the wrong place
    Oh well if that was the case than I probably made a mistake and I thank you for correcting me brother.

Leave a comment:

• Dontknowname
    replied

well I am an olympic medalist in martial arts and I have a degree in Islam and have studied with Ulama and have ijazas in all the madhabs so I guarantee if you saw me face to face you wouldn't call me ignorant. See its people like you who like to insult people and the reason why you are insulting me is because you are physically weak and can get knocked out by me so if you want to get stronger you need to learn some manners because you lack them.
    LOL, first i never called you ignorant, you would know if u had some basic reading comprehension, i was explaining what he was saying and correcting ur claim that he used the plural in the wrong place

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied

Ahl hadith is restricted to a small group of people that you get to decide. Sorry brother your not Allah and you dont have the right to define who is ahl hadith.
    I'm not claiming neither, your silly remarks are just getting worse

Your now claiming to belong to a group called Ahle Hadith as a means to justify giving your own two cents and making up stuff about Islam.

Thats devilish behaviour to say the least

I advise you to ask Allah عز و جل for forgiveness and repent from this evil your sprouting

Leave a comment:

• Abu Kamel
    replied
    I see Muhajir mentioned the Jafari madhab. In 1950s, mufti of Al Azhar Shaltout issued a fatwa recognizing Jafari madhab as a authentic school of Fish. Shaltout was a Masonic grandmaster at the time. The Amman Meesage of 2004 revived this batil fatwa backed by the Masonic Jordanian regime and scores of government scholars. This opinion legitimized Shiism and authenticated America’s plan of regime change and sect change in Iraq from Sunni to Shiism.

I have yet to see sufficient evidence that shaykh Jafar (th) wrote anything on fiqh or usulul fiqh, nor any legitimate effort to separate Rawafid lies from authentic material from him. This being the case, Jafari fiqh appears as a fraud and fake, concocted by Rawafid and ascribed to the shaykh, like almost all of their fabrications.

Leave a comment:

• Abu 'Abdullaah
    replied

how did I get his name wrong? Isnt it Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahab?
    You got it wrong twice and haven't even acknowledged it. A schoolboy error - one that someone with soooooo much knowledge wouldn't make.
    Last edited by Abu 'Abdullaah; 13-05-18, 02:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• muhajir12
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

You still got his name wrong. I've never seen anyone with so many ijazas get his name wrong.

how did I get his name wrong? Isnt it Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahab?

Leave a comment:

• Abu 'Abdullaah
    replied

Oh well Abdul Wahab means slaves of Wahab so I wasn't wrong with calling him that. You are right, that the sheiks blessed name is Muhammad Ibn Abd Al Wahab and May Allah give him jannat( heaven) because he was one of the great Imams of his time and anybody that doubts this even if he is shia is an idiot and is misguided.
    You still got his name wrong. I've never seen anyone with so many ijazas get his name wrong.

Leave a comment:

• muhajir12
    replied

I told you above:
    Oh well Abdul Wahab means slaves of Wahab so I wasn't wrong with calling him that. You are right, that the sheiks blessed name is Muhammad Ibn Abd Al Wahab and May Allah give him jannat( heaven) because he was one of the great Imams of his time and anybody that doubts this even if he is shia is an idiot and is misguided.

Leave a comment:

• Abu 'Abdullaah
    replied

What was the simple name that I didnt get right?
    I told you above:

A common mistake people make is saying 'Abdul Wahab' when they mean 'Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab'. Don't expect that from someone with a degree in Islam and several ijazas.

Leave a comment:

• muhajir12
    replied

Sure. You also define yourself as someone with a degree and several ijazas yet you couldn't get a simple name right.
    What was the simple name that I didnt get right?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X