• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reasons Why I Became a Shia

Originally posted by Dontknowname View Post
    fallout
    Lol
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

Originally posted by Musbah View Post
      Re: Reasons Why I Became a Shia

Just a troll and not a very good one at that...
      Lol, you nailed it.

These Dirty Trolls are completely shameless.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona123 View Post

Inshallah I didn't offend anyone, I only wanted to explain my story. Many of my Sunni friends were very curious about my story so I thought of also sharing it online. I have more reasons for converting to Shia Islam, but the posture of prayer in the Sunni sect is just a very tiny and quick reason for my conversion.

Your boyfriend was probably a shia so that is why you converted. Since when is a group who insult the sahaba on the right path?
        Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

May Allah save everyone from such misguidance. This is what happens when you do not pray for guidance every day.

You become a shia.
          Watch those eyes

Comment

Salam Alaikum brothers and sisters.

I just wanted to share my story why I converted to Shia islam. I have no disrespect towards my Sunni brothers and sisters. I only want to inform others why I became a Shia because I have been frequently asked by my Sunni friends this same question. I was raised as a Sunni, but later on in my life I started search into Shia Islam. I found many information about Shia Islam that I connected with and also made much more sense. Here is a quick intro for my conversion to Shia Islam. Basically I wanted to search into why we pray differently than our Shia brothers and sisters, and I found this video that completely shocked me. It's exaclty how I used to pray. So then I looked into history and everything made sense to me. Here is the video that I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8UuKifnxBs

Go to 3:01, thats when he begins to pray.

Inshallah I didn't offend anyone, I only wanted to explain my story. Many of my Sunni friends were very curious about my story so I thought of also sharing it online. I have more reasons for converting to Shia Islam, but the posture of prayer in the Sunni sect is just a very tiny and quick reason for my conversion.
            Assalaamun3leykum,

Don't mind the hateful garbage that You see in many of these responses.

You seem you have an open and sincere mind. So much so you would question your own beliefs and O find nothing wrong with that. A true muslim wouldn't receive your post with insults or condescension towards you.

I would ask what led you towards Shia Islam and open the discussion to what appeals you towards them.

I certainly don't have all the answers but would like to engage in discourse with individuals who can question their beleifs to reconcile if its right.

I certainly don't believe all Sunnis have it all right nor the Shia, nor do I think the whole of these groups are doomed to hell fire. I myself am struggling to figure out myself in terms of understanding the message of God.

You mentioned the way you prayed was familiar and sensible, my point of view is the Quran explicitly mentions a group of Christians/ Jews (Ahlul Kitab) who prayed and were righteous, a few times. Certainly they didn't pray the way the prophet SAW did; what do you think about this ?

Considering that point do you feel it really matters the posture and movements that should separate muslims or lead one to change their beleifs system?
            Last edited by wmehar2; 08-05-18, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Salam Alaikum brothers and sisters.

I just wanted to share my story why I converted to Shia islam. I have no disrespect towards my Sunni brothers and sisters. I only want to inform others why I became a Shia because I have been frequently asked by my Sunni friends this same question. I was raised as a Sunni, but later on in my life I started search into Shia Islam. I found many information about Shia Islam that I connected with and also made much more sense. Here is a quick intro for my conversion to Shia Islam. Basically I wanted to search into why we pray differently than our Shia brothers and sisters, and I found this video that completely shocked me. It's exaclty how I used to pray. So then I looked into history and everything made sense to me. Here is the video that I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8UuKifnxBs

Go to 3:01, thats when he begins to pray.

You became a Shia because you didn't want to pray as Rasulullah salallahu alayhi wa salam did,

this has to be one of the dumbest and most satanic reasons to convert to Shiism

http://www.chiite.fr/en/

if your honest go through that link above and see evidence for the Disgusting Kufr nature of many Shia beliefs,

no Muslim in their right mind would accept them.

Comment

Originally posted by wmehar2 View Post

Assalaamun3leykum,

Don't mind the hateful garbage that You see in many of these responses.

You seem you have an open and sincere mind. So much so you would question your own beliefs and O find nothing wrong with that. A true muslim wouldn't receive your post with insults or condescension towards you.

I would ask what led you towards Shia Islam and open the discussion to what appeals you towards them.

I certainly don't have all the answers but would like to engage in discourse with individuals who can question their beleifs to reconcile if its right.

I certainly don't believe all Sunnis have it all right nor the Shia, nor do I think the whole of these groups are doomed to hell fire. I myself am struggling to figure out myself in terms of understanding the message of God.

You mentioned the way you prayed was familiar and sensible, my point of view is the Quran explicitly mentions a group of Christians/ Jews (Ahlul Kitab) who prayed and were righteous, a few times. Certainly they didn't pray the way the prophet SAW did; what do you think about this ?

Considering that point do you feel it really matters the posture and movements that should separate muslims or lead one to change their beleifs system?
                Islam doesn't give us the option to be Open to Kufr/Shirk or Biddah.

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

Islam doesn't give us the option to be Open to Kufr/Shirk or Biddah.

Islam also requires you to provide proofs, sufficient proofs.

begin first with Defining Kufr/Shirk, then show me why they fit that criteria, then show where I can't engage in dialogue with them.

I don't consider propaganda sites as sufficient. As a muslim id like for non muslims to talk to me and learn what Islam is through me, not someone who isn't muslim.

So I would extend the same courtesy.

Let's say you can sufficiently prove "shirk" the Quran says:

16:125

Call thou to the way of thy Lord with wisdom and good admonition, and dispute with them in the better way. Surely thy Lord knows very well those who have gone astray from His way, and He knows very well those who are guided.

Surely when you dispute with those who aren't muslim.... you think this verse refers to that those beleive in something that is potentially or probably shirk? Even then you have a command from Allah to not be harsh or rude with them.

60:8-9
                  5:8

Last I remembered nearly the entire community of the Prophet SAW were believing in kufr, before beleif.. And made mistakes and reverted backs nd forth.

The Prophet SAW according to Quran was patient and easy in speech with them. 3:159

Tell me how this person is different.

Comment

Originally posted by wmehar2 View Post

Islam also requires you to provide proofs, sufficient proofs.

begin first with Defining Kufr/Shirk, then show me why they fit that criteria, then show where I can't engage in dialogue with them.

I don't consider propaganda sites as sufficient. As a muslim id like for non muslims to talk to me and learn what Islam is through me, not someone who isn't muslim.

So I would extend the same courtesy.

Let's say you can sufficiently prove "shirk" the Quran says:

16:125

Call thou to the way of thy Lord with wisdom and good admonition, and dispute with them in the better way. Surely thy Lord knows very well those who have gone astray from His way, and He knows very well those who are guided.

Surely when you dispute with those who aren't muslim.... you think this verse refers to that those beleive in something that is potentially or probably shirk? Even then you have a command from Allah to not be harsh or rude with them.

60:8-9
                    5:8

Last I remembered nearly the entire community of the Prophet SAW were believing in kufr, before beleif.. And made mistakes and reverted backs nd forth.

The Prophet SAW according to Quran was patient and easy in speech with them. 3:159

Tell me how this person is different.

Numerous proofs were provided in the link posted above,

which ones are you denying?

you pretend to be all open minded and all, but you refuse to read before responding?

Comment

• Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

Numerous proofs were provided in the link posted above,

which ones are you denying?

you pretend to be all open minded and all, but you refuse to read before responding?

There are no citations its just a website with text. any reasonable minded muslim or non muslim wouldn't hold credibility to this.

Having myself interfaced and consulted with Shia authoritative figures, I can already dismiss this "proof" you cited as propaganda and not based in sincere expression.

I'll do you a favor and provide the mainstream scholars who don't beleive in tahreef.

Shaykh al-Saduq (d. 381 AH), Kitabu’l-Itiqadat, (Tehran, 1370) p. 63.

• Shaykh al-Mufid (d. 413 AH), Awa’ilu l-Maqalat, pp. 55-6;

• Sharif al-Murtada (d. 436 AH), Bahru ‘l-Fawa’id (Tehran, 1314) p. 69;

• Shaykh at-Tusi (d. 460 AH), Tafsir at-Tibyan, (Najaf, 1376), vol 1 p. 3;

• Shaykh at-Tabrasi (d. 548), Majma’u ‘l-Bayan, (Lebanon), vol. 1 p. 15.

Some of the later scholars who spelt out the same views include:

• Muhammad Muhsin al-Fayd al-Kashani (d. 1019 AH), Al-Wafi, vol. 1 pp. 273-4, and al-’Asfa fi Tafsir al-Qur’an, p. 348;

• Muhammad Baqir al-Majlisi (d. 1111 AH), Bihar al-’Anwar, vol. 89 p. 75

This belief has continued uninterrupted up to the present time. Shi’ah scholars of this century who have reiterated the belief that the Qur’an is completely protected and unchanged include such famous names as:

• Sayyid Muhsin al-Amin al-’Amili (d. 1371 AH);

• Sayyid Sharaf al-Din al-Musawi (d. 1377 AH.);

• Shaykh Muhammad Husayn Kashif al-Ghita’ (d. 1373 AH);

• Sayyid Muhsin al-Hakim (d. 1390 AH);

• ‘Allamah al-Tabataba’i (d. 1402 AH);

• Sayyid Ruhullah al-Khumayni (d. 1409 AH);

• Sayyid Abu al- Qasim al-Khu’i (d. 1413 AH)

• Sayyid Muhammad Rida al-Gulpaygani (d.1414 AH).

This, of course, is not an exhaustive list.

Mainstream Shiasm doesnt not beleive in Tahreef.

There were a few "scholars" in history that did beleive in Tahreef but according to my studies they do not represent mainstream shiasm, they are a minority.

Therefore I have reason to doubt the the veracity of the link you've posted above.

Please address my prior response we can have a productive discussion.

I demonstrated directly from Quran with references that despite you showing me proof of Shia "shirk" that they must be treated with respect regardless and you completely disregarded them revealing your intentions in this discussion .

I ask nicely, that we address these issues.

I do resent your saying I'm pretending to be open minded, but I'll disregard that comment and hope you can get to know me through discussion.

Last edited by wmehar2; 08-05-18, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wmehar2 View Post

There are no citations its just a website with text. any reasonable minded muslim or non muslim wouldn't hold credibility to this.

Having myself interfaced and consulted with Shia authoritative figures, I can already dismiss this "proof" you cited as propaganda and not based in sincere expression...
                        Copy/pasting a list of names without providing your source right after talking about sufficient proof and citations doesn't reflect very well on you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

Copy/pasting a list of names without providing your source right after talking about sufficient proof and citations doesn't reflect very well on you.
                          The list I provised has the texts/books there in that are attributed to these scholars. I could go the distance and try to provide excerpts from these but it would be quite burdensome . And I'm not sure of the Arabic literacy here.

It's difficult to convey to anyone who apparently has not spent enough time with these people to learn about them and their beliefs system.

I could ask the person to ask a shia marja, of the various marjas they have that represent the majority or mainstream, about tahreef so they could get a definitive answer.

It's not like a non shia or one who has taken time to study them would be able to able to distinguish who these scholars are and why they are significant since they're not acquainted with them.

I leave that burden on the one who makes the assumption without the proper research.

Say what you will, but the list provided has the breadcrumbs for someone who cares to put in an effort to read and search these individuals and texts.

If you find that you can't put in the time then the appropriate response isn't that the list insufficient its "I'm sorry I just dont have the time to sort through and research this list because I'm too busy, or will later".

Comment

The list I provised has the texts/books there in that are attributed to these scholars. I could go the distance and try to provide excerpts from these but it would be quite burdensome . And I'm not sure of the Arabic literacy here.

It's difficult to convey to anyone who apparently has not spent enough time with these people to learn about them and their beliefs system.

I could ask the person to ask a shia marja, of the various marjas they have that represent the majority or mainstream, about tahreef so they could get a definitive answer.

It's not like a non shia or one who has taken time to study them would be able to able to distinguish who these scholars are and why they are significant since they're not acquainted with them.

I leave that burden on the one who makes the assumption without the proper research.

Say what you will, but the list provided has the breadcrumbs for someone who cares to put in an effort to read and search these individuals and texts.

If you find that you can't put in the time then the appropriate response isn't that the list insufficient its "I'm sorry I just dont have the time to sort through and research this list because I'm too busy, or will later".
                            You didn't provide the source for where you copied the list from. That's intellectual dishonesty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

You didn't provide the source for where you copied the list from. That's intellectual dishonesty.
                              A list of sources doesn't require a source. Did you go to graduate school in a qualitative or literary discipline? Or perhaps even a Quantitative discipline? I would have hoped you knew this. I guess I can assume you didn't know this.

If it helps, It was obtained from a Shia mainstream website Al-Islam.org.

Which is publicly endorsed by the religious authority of the Shia sect. It may not be common knowledge among non-shia but this website is a ubiquitous source of information for those who fall under the Shia fold.

Though that is irrelevant as the list in of itself is a source of Shia Scholars and their texts with pages of where they explicitly indicate that the Qur'an is free from all corruption.

In other words, mainstream or the majority of Shia sect, do not believe in the Qur'an as being corrupt or corruptible.

Comment

A list of sources doesn't require a source. Did you go to graduate school in a qualitative or literary discipline? Or perhaps even a Quantitative discipline? I would have hoped you knew this. I guess I can assume you didn't know this.

If it helps, It was obtained from a Shia mainstream website Al-Islam.org.

Which is publicly endorsed by the religious authority of the Shia sect. It may not be common knowledge among non-shia but this website is a ubiquitous source of information for those who fall under the Shia fold.

Though that is irrelevant as the list in of itself is a source of Shia Scholars and their texts with pages of where they explicitly indicate that the Qur'an is free from all corruption.
                                You copied information from somewhere - it requires a source.

So after all your extensive research and consulting authoritative figures, you're reduced to copy/pasting stuff and not giving the source unless pushed - and even then you think it's irrelevant.

Last edited by Abu 'Abdullaah; 08-05-18, 07:45 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                                X