Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reasons Why I Became a Shia

Salam Alaikum brothers and sisters.

I just wanted to share my story why I converted to Shia islam. I have no disrespect towards my Sunni brothers and sisters. I only want to inform others why I became a Shia because I have been frequently asked by my Sunni friends this same question. I was raised as a Sunni, but later on in my life I started search into Shia Islam. I found many information about Shia Islam that I connected with and also made much more sense. Here is a quick intro for my conversion to Shia Islam. Basically I wanted to search into why we pray differently than our Shia brothers and sisters, and I found this video that completely shocked me. It's exaclty how I used to pray. So then I looked into history and everything made sense to me. Here is the video that I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8UuKifnxBs

Go to 3:01, thats when he begins to pray.

Inshallah I didn't offend anyone, I only wanted to explain my story. Many of my Sunni friends were very curious about my story so I thought of also sharing it online. I have more reasons for converting to Shia Islam, but the posture of prayer in the Sunni sect is just a very tiny and quick reason for my conversion.

Re: Reasons Why I Became a Shia

Nah love you've become a fire worshipper

Comment

Originally posted by Joyous_muslimah View Post
      Nah love you've become a fire worshipper
      Succinct lol
      Isa9, a sinner

Comment

Walikumsalaam,

I think you should also consider looking into their beliefs not just the way they pray, because they are wrong. I'm sorry.

Do you agree with torturing yourself during Ashura? Do you think Ali ra is the next leader?

I won't bother watching the video. I hope you soon realise this is a mistake. I would also like to warn you the majority on here are sunnis and they will tell you you're wrong. You need to start looking into real Islam, the Quran, the sahih hadiths :insha:
        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

It's Zoroastrian not Shia!!!
          Isa9, a sinner

Comment

Originally posted by Isa9 View Post
            Succinct lol
            It's true thoughh,baffals me how someone can barely know the religion they 'converted to'. Islam to Zoroastrianism is a far stretch,don't ever compare the two in a sentence again please,extremely misleading.

Comment

Originally posted by Joyous_muslimah View Post
              It's true thoughh,baffals me how someone can barely know the religion they 'converted to'. Islam to Zoroastrianism is a far stretch,don't ever compare the two in a sentence again please,extremely misleading.
              Ok
              Isa9, a sinner

Comment

What a generic story. 0/10 not even mildly interested.

Comment

Sister, the video I just posted up is the way I used to pray (the Sunni way).

Comment

Originally posted by Isa9 View Post
                    It's Zoroastrian not Shia!!!
                    I know brother, but thats almost identical to the Sunni prayer. I am not saying that is how Shia's pray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                      Walikumsalaam,

I think you should also consider looking into their beliefs not just the way they pray, because they are wrong. I'm sorry.

Do you agree with torturing yourself during Ashura? Do you think Ali ra is the next leader?

I won't bother watching the video. I hope you soon realise this is a mistake. I would also like to warn you the majority on here are sunnis and they will tell you you're wrong. You need to start looking into real Islam, the Quran, the sahih hadiths :insha:
                      No I don't agree with that, and many other Shia's believe it is not right either. I believe that we should remember the Ahlulbayt, and remember what they sacrificed. Ashura is the time to gather together and spread their heroic story.

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                        Walikumsalaam,

I am 100% confident in becoming a Shia. I am not trying to attack you or anything Ya'sin, I am only sharing my story.
                        Last edited by Mona123; 22-01-15, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Looooooool you are kidding right? Correction:muslims do not pray like that.I don't know what kind of prayers Shias do or what prayers you've been doing.

Comment

OP is a new kind of idiot. She says she was a sunni but then says she used to pray like a zoroastrian.

Comment

Just a troll and not a very good one at that...
                              The Prophet s.a.a.w warned when he said: "You will surely follow the ways of those who came before you, in exactly the same fashion, to the point were they to enter the hole of a lizard, you too would enter it." It was asked of him, "O Messenger of Allah s.a.a.w., do you mean the Jews and Christians?" He replied, "Who else?" (Bukhari and Muslim)

Comment

Working...
                              X