X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who wrote Matthew ? Who wrote Luke ?

Peace & greetings to those who seek Guidance

Hi, friends

This is not a question from me or Muslims but from the Top renowned Bible Scholar for 30 years and an Hardcore Evangelist and a Most Trusted Archaeologist in antiquities of scriptures Prof . Bart D Erhman Who is even Trusted by the Shrewd Israel's Archaeology Institute because of his truth speaking nature (spirit of truth) & Unbiased character. Kindly watch him if you are not prejudiced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOour8clXrM
    My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Re: Who wrote Matthew ? Who wrote Luke ?

interesting points and interesting lecture, thanks. i will try to summarize a few points he has made (but its better to watch the video to get the real mojo of it)

Gospels don't claim to be written by eye witnesses
    the titles mathew etc were added by editors later not originally by authors
    non of the gospels claims to be written by the person it bears, don't claim to be written by mathew etc
    some say some guy named pathies was referring to mark or mathew, but looking at the year 120-30 he lived its not possible
    first time anybody refers to mathew or luke or john by name is iraneas in the year 180 which is about 100 years after these books were written
    they are anonymous and not built on eye witness testimony
    they wrote the gospel in Greek , Jesus language was aramaic
    they were living in a different country decades later, where did they get the info from?
    they heard stories that were in circulation decades after death of Jesus, oral transition .. stories were told retold and changed
    Be careful who you call Kafir because only Allah knows who is truly a rejector and who is merely a misguided person. It is not up to us to "sentence" a person to the Hellfire.

The Questions you Questioned will be Questioned in the day of judgement

Comment

Ego vero Evangelio non crederem, nisi me catholicae Ecclesiae commoveret auctoritas.

I would not believe in the Gospels were it not for the authority of the Catholic Church’ (Saint Augustine (Before Muhammad)- Against the Letter of Mani Called "The Foundation" 5:6)

PS: Je suis ne pas Charlie.

For the time will come when people will not tolerate sound doctrine but, following their own desires and insatiable curiosity, will accumulate teachers and will stop listening to the truth and will be diverted to myths.

Comment

Originally posted by talibilm09 View Post
        Peace & greetings to those who seek Guidance

Hi, friends

This is not a question from me or Muslims but from the Top renowned Bible Scholar for 30 years and an Hardcore Evangelist and a Most Trusted Archaeologist in antiquities of scriptures Prof . Bart D Erhman Who is even Trusted by the Shrewd Israel's Archaeology Institute because of his truth speaking nature (spirit of truth) & Unbiased character. Kindly watch him if you are not prejudiced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOour8clXrM
        Good video. He explains the points i have made far better than i ever could. These books were written by unknown people long after the events and they never even were present when the stuff happened, so how can they be even remotely be trusted? We know the Quran has been preserved, we know the hadith scholars were very rigorous in their methodology in p-reserving the Sunnah of the Prophet :saw: so we know with a good certainty that they are what the Prophet :saw: has said.
        Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Luke 1

Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to draw up a narrative concerning those matters which have been fulfilled among us,

even as they delivered them unto us, who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and ministers of the word,
          it seemed good to me also, having traced the course of all things accurately from the first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus;
          that thou mightest know the certainty concerning the things wherein thou wast instructed.

Go and study more
          For the time will come when people will not tolerate sound doctrine but, following their own desires and insatiable curiosity, will accumulate teachers and will stop listening to the truth and will be diverted to myths.

Comment

Originally posted by kepha View Post
            Luke 1

Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to draw up a narrative concerning those matters which have been fulfilled among us,

even as they delivered them unto us, who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and ministers of the word,
            it seemed good to me also, having traced the course of all things accurately from the first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus;
            that thou mightest know the certainty concerning the things wherein thou wast instructed.

Go and study more
            Too bad none of that can be proven or be used as evidence. At least with hadith we know everyone who narrated it, we have a detailed biography of them, what their contemperies at that time thought of them,l how they rated him, and a ranking in regards to how goo they were at preserving the hadith. They didn't accept the statement of any random tom,dick and Harry. Every person was scrutinized in great detail to make sure all the facts add up,.
            Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Thanks all for your useful thoughts and I want to dedicate this thread to videos of Bart Erhman who has not yet accepted islam yet but has turned Agnostic because of his pain he went through after 3 decades of hard work for Christianity that he realised later was nothing but a mirage and when he found it was all on lies , So he has turned Agnostic.

Still he supports his people (Chrsitians) that we can see from his speeches where he gives references like a true historian and leaves the Audience to decide shows he is real gentle man :up: and does not attack Christianity directly , which can be seen in a video (will post it in later posts inshallah) where he talks about Crucifiction shows that he does want to hurt those respective believers. So let see the next video, Testaments are reliable are not ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSGd8uzFxxY
              My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

http://youtu.be/CrDcYezlOr0 Bart Erhman refuted

Comment

I've watched this refutation by this Clown who can not even come to close to Bart's evidences, Histories, Logic reasoning . Bart served Christianity more than this clown when he was a Christian.

Missionaries Money makes this Clown talk,but still very monotonous since its a unadulterated lie
                  , lol :rotfl:
                  My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

Too bad none of that can be proven or be used as evidence
                    I don't claimed with text quoted about who wrote Luke but just that Luke's author said have talked with eyewitnesses about the facts linked with Jesus. About Matthews and Luke are authentic authors of gospels with your names see my post #3.

I say also "Too bad...". Too bad that Kouachi brothers already were judged by Jesus. Of course they don't won an Hareem. Hopefully i yet can fight for repentance of souls of members here. Jesus bless the members here.
                    Show to they your powerful love.

Comment

I don't claimed with text quoted about who wrote Luke but just that Luke's author said have talked with eyewitnesses about the facts linked with Jesus. About Matthews and Luke are authentic authors of gospels with your names see my post #3.

I say also "Too bad...". Too bad that Kouachi brothers already were judged by Jesus. Of course they don't won an Hareem. Hopefully i yet can fight for repentance of souls of members here. Jesus bless the members here.
                      Show to they your powerful love.
                      Exodus 34:13 But their altars are to be overturned and their pillars broken and images cut down

Exodus 34:14 For you are to be worshippers of no other God: for the lord is a God who will not give his honour to another

Next time try to say God bless you all rather than prophet Jesus pbuh, or else bring a book written in Araimic by Jesus pbuh that says to pray to him and always call to his name before the creator
                      Be careful who you call Kafir because only Allah knows who is truly a rejector and who is merely a misguided person. It is not up to us to "sentence" a person to the Hellfire.

Comment

Originally posted by Hate Racism View Post
                        Exodus 34:13 But their altars are to be overturned and their pillars broken and images cut down

Exodus 34:14 For you are to be worshippers of no other God: for the lord is a God who will not give his honour to another

Next time try to say God bless you all rather than prophet Jesus pbuh, or else bring a book written in Araimic by Jesus pbuh that says to pray to him and always call to his name before the creator
                        What foolishness. All fool know in Jesus times the official language was Greek (like as english today). So if I wanted to make a Gospel marketing the language would must be greek. About your quotes from bible: Text without context is reason to heresy.

Comment

What foolishness. All fool know in Jesus times the official language was Greek (like as english today). So if I wanted to make a Gospel marketing the language would must be greek. About your quotes from bible: Text without context is reason to heresy.
                          http://time.com/118522/pope-corrects...-speak-hebrew/

learn from Pope which language Jesus pbuh spoke

“Jesus was here, in this land. He spoke Hebrew,” Netanyahu said, discussing the strong connection between Judaism and Christianity.

Pope Francis looked up and slightly pointed his finger. “Aramaic,” he corrected.

Now you still failed to provide a book written by Jesus pbuh that says pray to him?

Comment

by the way text without context is a bold claim, i am reading the bible second time, and these verses are given to Mosus by God saying punishment will come to those who keep images of God, and pray to earthly things other than God. Eg: when Aron built an ox out of the Gold from the Israel people God was damn angry.. and since that kept on saying about people who pray to other objects or earthly stuff other than God.

Comment

Most of the books of the Bible were not written by the persons whose name is attributed to them.

Comment

Working...
                              X