Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'MISQUOTED' Noble Quran verses by Apologetics.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 'MISQUOTED' Noble Quran verses by Apologetics.

Originally posted by obaid_m View Post
    Oh, I see what you mean. But not all of them.
    Brother I had quoted you already in # 195 , but you have edited it. So its just a redressing , Yeah

Yeah its better off from mischief makers ,lol
    Last edited by talibilm09; 01-11-16, 12:17 AM.
    My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by talibilm09 View Post
      Brother I had quoted you already in # 195 , but you have edited it. So its just a redressing , Yeah

Yeah its better off from mischief makers ,lol
      Not gonna argue with any one lol
      “Have you seen he who has taken as his god his [own] desire, and Allah has sent him astray due to knowledge and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart and put over his vision a veil? So who will guide him after Allah ? Then will you not be reminded? And they say, “There is not but our worldly life; we die and live, and nothing destroys us except time.” And they have of that no knowledge; they are only assuming.” Quran 45:23-24

Comment

Originally posted by obaid_m View Post
        Not gonna argue with any one lol
        Bukhari :: Book 8 :: Volume 73 :: Hadith 80
        Narrated 'Aisha:

A man asked permission to enter upon Allah's Apostle. The Prophet said, "Admit him. What an evil brother of his people or a son of his people." But when the man entered, the Prophet spoke to him in a very polite manner. (And when that person left) I said, "O Allah's Apostle! You had said what you had said, yet you spoke to him in a very polite manner?" The Prophet said, "O 'Aisha! The worst people are those whom the people desert or leave in order to save themselves from their dirty language or from their transgression."

lol, Brother, You have great wisdom :up::D

A Muhmin (devout Muslim) does not indulge in vain Talk and leaves matter which does not concern him.( from our books)
        Last edited by talibilm09; 01-11-16, 12:33 AM.
        My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

Bumped for [MENTION=142539]rockieve97[/MENTION]

If any one could please attend to her further questions here

Originally posted by rockieve97 View Post
          hello everyone ! Hope you are having a nice day, whoever is reading this :)
          I have just joined this site after a friend had told me to... I am Christian by the way ...so heres what I wanted to discuss it is about how many muslims say the the bible has been changed or corrupted. however the quran says "He (Allah) has revealed to you the Book with truth verifying that which is before it, and He revealed the Torah and the Gospel aforetime, a guidance for mankind and He revealed the criterion." that is in chapter 3 :3-4.

The quran also says in 5;68 Say "O People of the Scripture, you are (standing ) on nothing until you uphold (the law of ) the Torah , the Gospel , and what has been revealed to you from your Lord." And that which has been revealed to you from your Lord will surely increase many of them in transgression and disbelief . So do not grieve over the disbelieving people. In 5:50 it says "And let the people of the Gospel judge by what God has revealed in it . If any fail to judge by what God has revealed , they are licentious. "

The quran is actually confirming the bible is true and saying it is a guidance . Some muslims I have told this to have said the quran was talking about the bible before It was changed . However , the quran also says that it cannot be changed .

The quran says 6:115 "And the word of your Lord has been fulfilled in truth and in justice . None can alter His words, and He is the Hearing, the Knowing. "

Also the quran was originally written in Arabic right ? The quran says in 10:37 And this Qur'an is not as such as could ever be produced by other than Allah, but it is a confirmation of what was before it...."

when this verse and other verses are translated to Arabic , "before it " is "bayna yadayhi" .In Arabic this means "between his/it's hands" / in his/it's presence" . So the quran is saying the bible we have now , like the one we have in the present is correct . so how can muslims say the bible was changed or corrupted ?

Someone please reply and lets have a discussion/ tell me what you think ! also by the way I am not trying to offend any muslims or something.

I will check back on this thread in a day or so I hope someone replys and I hope I will know how to reply back I am still learning how this website haha
          Last edited by talibilm09; 12-02-17, 05:48 AM.
          My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

Bumped for [MENTION=142539]rockieve97[/MENTION]

"hello everyone ! Hope you are having a nice day, whoever is reading this
            I have just joined this site after a friend had told me to... I am Christian by the way ...so heres what I wanted to discuss it is about how many muslims say the the bible has been changed or corrupted. however the quran says "He (Allah) has revealed to you the Book with truth verifying that which is before it, and He revealed the Torah and the Gospel aforetime, a guidance for mankind and He revealed the criterion." that is in chapter 3 :3-4.

The quran also says in 5;68 Say "O People of the Scripture, you are (standing ) on nothing until you uphold (the law of ) the Torah , the Gospel , and what has been revealed to you from your Lord." And that which has been revealed to you from your Lord will surely increase many of them in transgression and disbelief . So do not grieve over the disbelieving people. In 5:50 it says "And let the people of the Gospel judge by what God has revealed in it . If any fail to judge by what God has revealed , they are licentious. "

The quran is actually confirming the bible is true and saying it is a guidance . Some muslims I have told this to have said the quran was talking about the bible before It was changed . However , the quran also says that it cannot be changed .

The quran says 6:115 "And the word of your Lord has been fulfilled in truth and in justice . None can alter His words, and He is the Hearing, the Knowing. "

Also the quran was originally written in Arabic right ? The quran says in 10:37 And this Qur'an is not as such as could ever be produced by other than Allah, but it is a confirmation of what was before it...."

when this verse and other verses are translated to Arabic , "before it " is "bayna yadayhi" .In Arabic this means "between his/it's hands" / in his/it's presence" . So the quran is saying the bible we have now , like the one we have in the present is correct . so how can muslims say the bible was changed or corrupted ?

Someone please reply and lets have a discussion/ tell me what you think ! also by the way I am not trying to offend any muslims or something.

I will check back on this thread in a day or so I hope someone replys and I hope I will know how to reply back I am still learning how this website haha"

If any one could please attend to her further questions here
            Hi [MENTION=107034]talibilm09[/MENTION],

The Muslims’ assessment of the corruption of the Bible is based on the Quran itself. So, the question [MENTION=142539]rockieve97[/MENTION] probably should be asking is why did the Quran say the Bible is corrupted when at the same time the Quran say it confirmed/verified the truth of the previous scriptures before it ?

Firstly, the Quran and the Muslims never claim the Bible is corrupted in totality but, it's corrupted in the sense that it has become a book of truths and lies.

Secondly, the similarity of this question is the same as asking why (in Jeremiah 8:8) did God command Jeremiah to tell his people “‘How can you say, “We are wise, for we have the law of the Lord,” when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?’”. Surely, God knew His law cannot be changed and yet, He acknowledged that ‘the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely’. So, obviously here, God was not referring to His law or His Words, which cannot be changed BUT, He was referring to man’s understanding of His law and His Words which can be manipulated and falsely handled.

So, similarly, when the Quran say it confirmed the truth of the scriptures sent before it, it means 1) it confirmed that before the Quran, God had also sent revelations to the people of the past and 2) it confirmed what are the truth of His law and Words as revealed in the earlier scriptures and what are not by recounting the truth of His earlier revelations, like the virgin birth of Jesus, in the Quran. The Quran also invite the people to use their intelligence to know what has been ‘falsely handled by the scribes’ in the earlier scripture.

Peace

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
              lol,

Luke 19:27
              ----------------
              But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

I wonder who said this?

oh wait it was Jesus!

but he preached Love man! what a unique way to preach Love! :up:
              Hi,

As a Christian I am very offended by that statement. Jesus NEVER preached that we are to slay our enemies. That verse was referring to Him, not us slaying those who do evil in the Day of Judgment, when men either go to heaven or hell.

Below is Jesus actual teaching.

Below are verses from the Christian bible regarding our enemies, and how we should show them love.

"But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also. - Luk 6:27-29

But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.- Luk 6:35

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy. But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.- Mat 5:43-45

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these." - Mar 12:30-31

Do not repay anyone evil for evil. .. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone . .. Do not take revenge, my friends, ... On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink - Rom 12:17

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. - Mat 5:38-39

Jesus was very clear that we are to show love to those who make themseleves our enemies. Jesus also gave instructions as to what to do if people viloently opposed us. He said Mat 10:23 "But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come". So Jesus view was that we are to avoid conflict where ever possible

Comment

bumped in reply to this thread '' How the Qur'an actually affirms the Bible.''

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...irms-the-Bible
                My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by futureandahope. View Post
                  Hi,

As a Christian I am very offended by that statement. Jesus NEVER preached that we are to slay our enemies. That verse was referring to Him, not us slaying those who do evil in the Day of Judgment, when men either go to heaven or hell.

Below is Jesus actual teaching.

Below are verses from the Christian bible regarding our enemies, and how we should show them love.

"But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also. - Luk 6:27-29

But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.- Luk 6:35

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy. But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.- Mat 5:43-45

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these." - Mar 12:30-31

Do not repay anyone evil for evil. .. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone . .. Do not take revenge, my friends, ... On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink - Rom 12:17

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. - Mat 5:38-39

Jesus was very clear that we are to show love to those who make themseleves our enemies. Jesus also gave instructions as to what to do if people viloently opposed us. He said Mat 10:23 "But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come". So Jesus view was that we are to avoid conflict where ever possible
                  Another Porkie,

According to your Bible, Jesus told his disciples to sell buy Swords and according to that verse, he told them to bring his enemies, anyone that doesn't want h to rule, in front of him and slay them,

If you can't understand basic English don't bother wasting your time,

http://wn.elib.com/Library/Religious...wTrl_luke.html

Red Letter Bible confirms that Luke 19:27 is the words of Jesus himself,

And he Jesus says according to the Bible...

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me

I guess it would take a miracle to have a honest Christian admit Jesus wanted to butcher his enemies,

Oh well,
                  http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

let them misquote

let them

because only a pig with a knife in its head will read things differently

but hey, they are pigs after all
                    "arm yourself with knowledge and laugh at the accusers"
                    me - 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
                      Another Porkie,

According to your Bible, Jesus told his disciples to sell buy Swords and according to that verse, he told them to bring his enemies, anyone that doesn't want h to rule, in front of him and slay them,

If you can't understand basic English don't bother wasting your time,

http://wn.elib.com/Library/Religious...wTrl_luke.html

Red Letter Bible confirms that Luke 19:27 is the words of Jesus himself,

And he Jesus says according to the Bible...

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me

I guess it would take a miracle to have a honest Christian admit Jesus wanted to butcher his enemies,

Oh well,
                      You should take the time to understand what teaching in parables means. Save you making an abosolute twonk of yourself. I don't think insulting a prophet of God is acceptable in Islam. Saying Jesus wanted to butcher his enemies is a downright lie and you should be ashamed. Do you have to do some kind of penance for that? Or just pray to God for forgiveness.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip1 View Post
                        You should take the time to understand what teaching in parables means. Save you making an abosolute twonk of yourself. I don't think insulting a prophet of God is acceptable in Islam. Saying Jesus wanted to butcher his enemies is a downright lie and you should be ashamed. Do you have to do some kind of penance for that? Or just pray to God for forgiveness.
                        and i think that saying jesus is "god" is also a lie and you should be ashamed by it.

"They have certainly disbelieved who say, " Allah is the third of three." And there is no god except one God. And if they do not desist from what they are saying, there will surely afflict the disbelievers among them a painful punishment."

you believe that the holy qur'an affirms your book, then you should read this

"You are the best nation produced [as an example] for mankind. You enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and believe in Allah . If only the People of the Scripture had believed, it would have been better for them. Among them are believers, but most of them are defiantly disobedient."

if only you jews and christians believe it will be better for you

but no, you dont want to.

is insulting other religions allowed by the loving jesus btw ?

because my "moon god" says

"And do not insult those they invoke other than Allah, lest they insult Allah in enmity without knowledge."
                        Last edited by magok; 19-05-17, 11:17 PM.
                        "arm yourself with knowledge and laugh at the accusers"
                        me - 2017

Comment

BUMPED for [MENTION=145059]NNRR[/MENTION]
                          My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

The attackers of Islam use this verse 9:29 and claim something Which is MOST UNFAIR & Blunt Lies.

Noble Quran 9:29 '' Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.''

(Noble Quran )Tafsir ibn Abbas(raa)
                            (Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture) the Jews and Christians (as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day) nor in the bliss of Paradise, (and forbid not) in the Torah (that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the religion of truth) do not submit themselves to Allah through confession of Allah's divine Oneness, (until they pay the tribute readily) standing: from hand to hand, (being brought low) abased.

Its refers to the Jews & christians who boasted being chosen people of God ie very Pious but never abstained from Haram or prohibitted things ie never lived by it (covenant)EVEN FROM THEIR OWN SCRIPTURES so these people were to be fought till they were humbled and followed ATLEAST their books firmly by avoiding the prohibitions seen there like adultery, wine,swine, usury.

Just Imagine a Islamic neighbourhood sticking to their purity and a next Neighbour a drunkard playing music and exhibit erotic , fondelling moves with his fiancee or a whore on a open terrace or a visible lawn, lol, this is ok for him but not for that pure community then under Prophet (pbuh ) and the muslim children will learn from their neighbour, on Such time those who arrogant defying rules of the Islamic state has to be fought untill they are humbled and pay jizzya as well which is just a tax in lieu on non participation in Muslim army but can get get protection from the Muslim army regarding his LIFE & PROPERTY like every other Muslim is entitled to, and Prophet has warned the Muslims something like if anybody harms or kills such NON MUSLIMS under Islamic state protection he will not smell the fragrance of paradise.

This incident will prove what was the actual aim of Jizzya. During the reign of the second caliph, ‘Umar bin al-Khattaab may Allaah be pleased with him the Roman emperor, Heraclius, raised a huge army to repel the Muslim forces. It was, thus, incumbent upon the Muslims to concentrate their efforts on the battle. When the commander of the Muslims, Abu ‘Ubaydah may Allaah be pleased with him heard this news, he wrote to his officials in all conquered cities in Syria and ordered them to return the Jizyah which had been levied in those cities. He also addressed the public saying; “We are returning your money because we know that the enemy has gathered troops. By the terms stipulated in the covenant, you have obliged us to protect you. However, since we are now unable to fulfil these conditions, we have returned to you what you paid to us. We shall abide by the terms agreed upon in the covenant, if Allaah helps us to rout the enemy”. Thus, a huge amount was taken from the state treasury and returned to the Christians, making them very happy. They prayed for and blessed the Muslim commanders. They exclaimed: “May Allaah help you to overcome your enemies and return you to us safely. [U]If the enemy were in your place, they would never have returned anything to us, rather they would have taken all our remaining property!"

We see that Muslims not only allowed Christians to remain Christians but that the Christians themselves preferred Muslim rule over that of Heraclius, who was himself a Christian

Substantiating on my claims from the below sahih hadith during the last moments of the Greatest Caliph of Islam, that Jizzya was a tax in lieu of Non Participation of Dhimmis ( Non muslims living in a Islamic state) in the Muslim Army and for Muslims protecting them instead. What a beautiful sweet religion is Islam is !! The Caliph STRESSES this even at his last moments of his death.

Bukhari :: Book 5 :: Volume 57 :: Hadith 50
                            Narrated 'Amr bin Maimun:

I saw 'Umar bin Al-Khattab a few days before he was stabbed in Medina. He was standing with Hudhaifa bin Al-Yaman and 'Uthman bin Hunaif to whom he said, "What have you done? Do you think that you have imposed more taxation on the land (of As-Swad i.e. 'Iraq) than it can bear?" They replied, "We have imposed on it what it can bear because of its great yield." 'Umar again said, "Check whether you have imposed on the land what it can not bear." They said, "No, (we haven't)." 'Umar added, "If Allah should keep me alive I will let the widows of Iraq need no men to support them after me." But only four days had elapsed when he was stabbed (to death ). The day he was stabbed, I was standing and there was nobody between me and him (i.e. Umar) except Abdullah bin 'Abbas. Whenever Umar passed between the two rows, he would say, "Stand in straight lines."

When he saw no defect (in the rows), he would go forward and start the prayer with Takbir. He would recite Surat Yusuf or An-Nahl or the like in the first Rak'a so that the people may have the time to Join the prayer. As soon as he said Takbir, I heard him saying, "The dog has killed or eaten me," at the time he (i.e. the murderer) stabbed him. A non-Arab infidel proceeded on carrying a double-edged knife and stabbing all the persons he passed by on the right and left (till) he stabbed thirteen persons out of whom seven died. When one of the Muslims saw that, he threw a cloak on him. Realizing that he had been captured, the non-Arab infidel killed himself, 'Umar held the hand of 'Abdur-Rahman bin Auf and let him lead the prayer.

Those who were standing by the side of 'Umar saw what I saw, but the people who were in the other parts of the Mosque did not see anything, but they lost the voice of 'Umar and they were saying, "Subhan Allah! Subhan Allah! (i.e. Glorified be Allah)." Abdur-Rahman bin Auf led the people a short prayer. When they finished the prayer, 'Umar said, "O Ibn 'Abbas! Find out who attacked me." Ibn 'Abbas kept on looking here and there for a short time and came to say. "The slave of Al Mughira." On that 'Umar said, "The craftsman?" Ibn 'Abbas said, "Yes." 'Umar said, "May Allah curse him. I did not treat him unjustly. All the Praises are for Allah Who has not caused me to die at the hand of a man who claims himself to be a Muslim. No doubt, you and your father (Abbas) used to love to have more non-Arab infidels in Medina." Al-Abbas had the greatest number of slaves. Ibn 'Abbas said to 'Umar. "If you wish, we will do." He meant, "If you wish we will kill them." 'Umar said, "You are mistaken (for you can't kill them) after they have spoken your language, prayed towards your Qibla, and performed Hajj like yours."

Then Umar was carried to his house, and we went along with him, and the people were as if they had never suffered a calamity before. Some said, "Do not worry (he will be Alright soon)." Some said, "We are afraid (that he will die)." Then an infusion of dates was brought to him and he drank it but it came out (of the wound) of his belly. Then milk was brought to him and he drank it, and it also came out of his belly. The people realized that he would die. We went to him, and the people came, praising him. A young man came saying, "O chief of the believers! Receive the glad tidings from Allah to you due to your company with Allah's Apostle and your superiority in Islam which you know. Then you became the ruler (i.e. Caliph) and you ruled with justice and finally you have been martyred." 'Umar said, "I wish that all these privileges will counterbalance (my shortcomings) so that I will neither lose nor gain anything."

When the young man turned back to leave, his clothes seemed to be touching the ground. 'Umar said, "Call the young man back to me." (When he came back) 'Umar said, "O son of my brother! Lift your clothes, for this will keep your clothes clean and save you from the Punishment of your Lord." 'Umar further said, "O 'Abdullah bin 'Umar! See how much I am in debt to others." When the debt was checked, it amounted to approximately eighty-six thousand. 'Umar said, "If the property of 'Umar's family covers the debt, then pay the debt thereof; otherwise request it from Bani 'Adi bin Ka'b, and if that too is not sufficient, ask for it from Quraish tribe, and do not ask for it from any one else, and pay this debt on my behalf."

'Umar then said (to 'Abdullah), "Go to 'Aisha (the mother of the believers) and say: "Umar is paying his salutation to you. But don't say: 'The chief of the believers,' because today I am not the chief of the believers. And say: "Umar bin Al-Khattab asks the permission to be buried with his two companions (i.e. the Prophet, and Abu Bakr)." Abdullah greeted 'Aisha and asked for the permission for entering, and then entered to her and found her sitting and weeping. He said to her, "'Umar bin Al-Khattab is paying his salutations to you, and asks the permission to be buried with his two companions." She said, "I had the idea of having this place for myself, but today I prefer Umar to myself." When he returned it was said (to 'Umar), "'Abdullah bin 'Umar has come." 'Umar said, "Make me sit up." Somebody supported him against his body and 'Umar asked ('Abdullah), "What news do you have?" He said, "O chief of the believers! It is as you wish. She has given the permission." 'Umar said, "Praise be to Allah, there was nothing more important to me than this. So when I die, take me, and greet 'Aisha and say: "Umar bin Al-Khattab asks the permission (to be buried with the Prophet ), and if she gives the permission, bury me there, and if she refuses, then take me to the grave-yard of the Muslims."

Then Hafsa (the mother of the believers) came with many other women walking with her. When we saw her, we went away. She went in (to 'Umar) and wept there for sometime. When the men asked for permission to enter, she went into another place, and we heard her weeping inside. The people said (to 'Umar), "O chief of the believers! Appoint a successor." Umar said, "I do not find anyone more suitable for the job than the following persons or group whom Allah's Apostle had been pleased with before he died." Then 'Umar mentioned 'Ali, 'Uthman, AzZubair, Talha, Sad and 'Abdur-Rahman (bin Auf) and said, "Abdullah bin 'Umar will be a witness to you, but he will have no share in the rule. His being a witness will compensate him for not sharing the right of ruling. If Sad becomes the ruler, it will be alright: otherwise, whoever becomes the ruler should seek his help, as I have not dismissed him because of disability or dishonesty." 'Umar added, "I recommend that my successor takes care of the early emigrants; to know their rights and protect their honor and sacred things.

I also recommend that he be kind to the Ansar who had lived in Medina before the emigrants and Belief had entered their hearts before them. I recommend that the (ruler) should accept the good of the righteous among them and excuse their wrong-doers, and I recommend that he should do good to all the people of the towns (Al-Ansar), as they are the protectors of Islam and the source of wealth and the source of annoyance to the enemy. I also recommend that nothing be taken from them except from their surplus with their consent. I also recommend that he do good to the 'Arab bedouin, as they are the origin of the 'Arabs and the material of Islam. He should take from what is inferior, amongst their properties and distribute that to the poor amongst them. I also recommend him concerning Allah's and His Apostle's protectees (i.e. Dhimmis) to fulfill their contracts and to fight for them and not to overburden them with what is beyond their ability." So when 'Umar expired, we carried him out and set out walking. 'Abdullah bin 'Umar greeted ('Aisha) and said, "'Umar bin Al-Khattab asks for the permission." 'Aisha said, "Bring him in." He was brought in and buried beside his two companions.

When he was buried, the group (recommended by 'Umar) held a meeting. Then 'Abdur-Rahman said, " Reduce the candidates for rulership to three of you." Az-Zubair said, "I give up my right to Ali." Talha said, "I give up my right to 'Uthman," Sad, 'I give up my right to 'Abdur-Rahman bin 'Auf." 'Abdur-Rahman then said (to 'Uthman and 'Ali), "Now which of you is willing to give up his right of candidacy to that he may choose the better of the (remaining) two, bearing in mind that Allah and Islam will be his witnesses." So both the sheiks (i.e. 'Uthman and 'Ali) kept silent. 'Abdur-Rahman said, "Will you both leave this matter to me, and I take Allah as my Witness that I will not choose but the better of you?" They said, "Yes." So 'Abdur-Rahman took the hand of one of them (i.e. 'Ali) and said, "You are related to Allah's Apostle and one of the earliest Muslims as you know well. So I ask you by Allah to promise that if I select you as a ruler you will do justice, and if I select 'Uthman as a ruler you will listen to him and obey him." Then he took the other (i.e. 'Uthman) aside and said the same to him. When 'Abdur-Rahman secured (their agreement to) this covenant, he said, "O 'Uthman! Raise your hand." So he (i.e. 'Abdur-Rahman) gave him (i.e. 'Uthman) the solemn pledge, and then 'Ali gave him the pledge of allegiance and then all the (Medina) people gave him the pledge of allegiance.
                            Last edited by talibilm09; 05-10-17, 12:43 AM.
                            My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

Working...
                            X