Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why jesus is not the son of god ?

Originally posted by Causative View Post
    The Holy Scriptures speak of “the only-begotten son” of a widow who lived in the city of Nain, of Jairus’ “only-begotten daughter,” and of a man’s “only-begotten” son whom Jesus cured of a demon. (Lu 7:11, 12; 8:41, 42; 9:38) The Greek Septuagint uses mo·no·ge·nes′ when speaking of Jephthah’s daughter, concerning whom it is written: “Now she was absolutely the only child. Besides her he had neither son nor daughter.”—Jg 11:34.
    So when you see that you have insufficient knowledge in Greek language and the Bible, why don't you show humble attitude? The Bible reminds you in Proverbs 21:4 — Haughty eyes and an arrogant heart —The lamp that guides the wicked is sin.
    We have to accept with Causative's stance (its acceptable ethically, morally? or not is a different question) but the Verse John 3:16 meant " Begotten' because I find further Proof in the Quran which is as it was before 1430 years in the above post # 43 and confirmed by another verse of the bible in Hebrews 11:17 when the writer refers to Isaac as Abraham's "only begotten son" (KJV).
    My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by talibilm09 View Post
      We have to accept with Causative's stance (its acceptable ethically, morally? or not is a different question) but the Verse John 3:16 meant " Begotten' because I find further Proof in the Quran which is as it was before 1430 years in the above post # 43 and confirmed by another verse of the bible in Hebrews 11:17 when the writer refers to Isaac as Abraham's "only begotten son" (KJV).
      talibilm09

When God's word says about Son of God he is begotten it does not mean that God had wife and from her a son. :) Of course it is unthinkable that God should have a son resulting from relations with a woman or that he would marry and beget children. God is unique. What humans do to reproduce should never be applied to him. This is precisely what the Holy Scriptures teach and emphasize. Why, then, do the Holy Scriptures use the expression “son of God” in many instances? For example, it is said that Adam was a “son of God.” (Luke 3:38) But how could that be? The Torah explains: “And Jehovah God proceeded to form the man [Adam] out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man came to be a living soul.” (Genesis 2:7) Therefore, Adam was called a son of God because his life came from God without human parents. Similarly, Jesus Christ is called the son of God, for his life came directly from God. We read in the Qur’ān: “The similitude of Jesus before God is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: ‘Be’: And he was.”—Āl ‘Imrān [3]:59.

So did You get it my brothers? I hope you do NOW.
      Do you desire to quench your thirst for the knowledge of God? Then search for and follow God’s guidance, and you can be sure that he will satisfy the desires of your heart. Learn God's word and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.—سَبِّحُوا يَاهَ!‏

Comment

talibilm09

When God's word says about Son of God he is begotten it does not mean that God had wife and from her a son. :) Of course it is unthinkable that God should have a son resulting from relations with a woman or that he would marry and beget children. God is unique. What humans do to reproduce should never be applied to him. This is precisely what the Holy Scriptures teach and emphasize. Why, then, do the Holy Scriptures use the expression “son of God” in many instances? For example, it is said that Adam was a “son of God.” (Luke 3:38) But how could that be? The Torah explains: “And Jehovah God proceeded to form the man [Adam] out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man came to be a living soul.” (Genesis 2:7) Therefore, Adam was called a son of God because his life came from God without human parents. Similarly, Jesus Christ is called the son of God, for his life came directly from God. We read in the Qur’ān: “The similitude of Jesus before God is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: ‘Be’: And he was.”—Āl ‘Imrān [3]:59.

How ever you dress up or make window dressing that does not make void what it meant in antiquity in your New testaments. So as YOU said in your post # 14 in the below quote

talibilm09

There are people like you (Muslims) who refuse to accept the truth. The NRV translate comity has chosen to not take in consideration what the oldest manuscripts represent and they omitted the word "begotten" from their translation. But still it does not change the fact that the word "begotten" is used in John 3:16.
        So Modern Christians are coming to terms with the Quran's TEACHING that its a BLUNDER to think it's a Carnal relationship. So the NEW REVISED VERSIONS have removed the word begotten from their new editions ( their usual buisness of editing right from 1600 years- Like Bart D Ehrman says) while the orthodox have stick to their Antiquity and have not removed the word 'begotten' in the kjv and other vesrions, as Dr Zaik Naik says in the OP video.
        My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

talibilm09

Lol lol lol desperate times calls for desperate lies, ey????

Lets see the definition of begetting, ey?

beget bɪˈgɛt/verb.

(especially of a man) bring (a child) into existence by the process of reproduction."they hoped that the King might beget an heir by his new queen"

You christians cease to lose battles graciously.

and you call yourself a christian. *scoffs*

Say, "He is Allah , [who is] One,
          Allah , the Eternal Refuge.
          He neither begets nor is born,
          Nor is there to Him any equivalent."

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

Originally posted by talibilm09 View Post
            How ever you dress up or make window dressing that does not make void what it meant in antiquity in your New testaments. So as YOU said in your post # 14 in the below quote

So Modern Christians are coming to terms with the Quran's TEACHING that its a BLUNDER to think it's a Carnal relationship. So the NEW REVISED VERSIONS have removed the word begotten from their new editions ( their usual buisness of editing right from 1600 years- Like Bart D Ehrman says) while the orthodox have stick to their Antiquity and have not removed the word 'begotten' in the kjv and other vesrions, as Dr Zaik Naik says in the OP video.
            I think this is one of the most humiliating moments for Causative. He has to resort to lies to disguise his false blaspheming allegations about God.

looks like he's confused. Poor sod.
            "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Comment

Originally posted by candyapple View Post
              I think this is one of the most humiliating moments for Causative. He has to resort to lies to disguise his false blaspheming allegations about God.

looks like he's confused. Poor sod.
              Sister, see his another post # 476 in thread ''Questions to Muslims on Islam & Quran ''

Originally posted by Jihaaaaaaad View Post
              Causative

Do you consider Jesus to be the only begotten Son of God? If not then explain why? Thank you

Causative replies to jihaaad

Yes! He is God's only begotten Son. But I'm sure you have no clue what the word "begotten" mean in the Biblical term. You think about sexual relationship as your imams teach you. Am I right?! :)
              If a word does not mean that word than how could we live in this world ? You asked for a shoe and he gives a hat ? lol particularly in these sort of delicate sensitive issues.
              My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

Lol lol lol desperate times calls for desperate lies, ey????

Lets see the definition of begetting, ey?

beget bɪˈgɛt/verb.
                candyapple

I have already rovided sufficient material to educate you. You need ro accept facts, otherwise you will look like little silly child who does not want to open eyes and see the facts. Be wise brother.
                Do you desire to quench your thirst for the knowledge of God? Then search for and follow God’s guidance, and you can be sure that he will satisfy the desires of your heart. Learn God's word and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.—سَبِّحُوا يَاهَ!‏

Comment

candyapple

I have already rovided sufficient material to educate you. You need ro accept facts, otherwise you will look like little silly child who does not want to open eyes and see the facts. Be wise brother.
                  Hello?

Im a female.

who's looking like a silly kid now..

Comment

Hello?

Im a female.

Be wise sister.

Comment

Hello?

Im a female.

Honest mistake, I've been mistaken for male here too, just honest mistake :)

Comment

Originally posted by Kuro Fox View Post
                        Honest mistake, I've been mistaken for male here too, just honest mistake :)
                        Kuro Fox

I did the same honest mistake about her gender but I doubt she will believe us.

Comment

Doesnt your bible have 110,000 contradictions in it???
                          candyapple

No, my Bible does not have contradictions. Your Qur'aaans have loads of contradictions.

word of God?
                          Yes. If you don't accept it, the word of God would not become word of man sister.

word of Paul the satan.
                          Please calm down sister. Unger would't bring you any good. By the way read what does the teaching of the Son of God says:

The wisdom from above is first of all pure, then peaceable, reasonable, ready to obey, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial, not hypocritical.

But when I read your posts I can see opposite. Do you realise what does it means?

Comment

candyapple

No, my Bible does not have contradictions. Your Qur'aaans have loads of contradictions.
                            http://www.answering-christianity.co...radictions.htm

I dare you to give me ONE contradiction in the Koran like those found in the Bible.

Comment

Originally posted by Jihaaaaaaad View Post
                              I dare you to give me ONE contradiction in the Koran like those found in the Bible.
                              Jihaaaaaaad

Please see first post on first page.

Comment

Jihaaaaaaad

Please see first post on first page.
                                Where? The first post is about a video and your first post is about KJV's Bible and the word "begotten." Where's the mention of the Qur'an and "its contradictions?"
                                Life's actually pretty simple: you just have to enjoy it, pray, do good, refrain from bad, and respect others. Being Muslim is not a disadvantage or an advantage - it's a responsibility.
                                "So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true" (Qur'an, Surah Ar-Rum - 30:60)

Comment

Working...
                                X