Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't God deliver the same revelation of Himself to all nations?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: Why doesn't God deliver the same revelation of Himself to all nations?

    Originally posted by talibilm09 View Post
    Hi,

    # 38 in this thread will have a reply for your question
    The examples you give are at least something. But they are not clear-cut as their accuracy is strongly disputed on a historical basis.

    It would be very odd for just the occasional word to survive in another religion, without other parts of the theology. It is extremely unlikely that the only two religions which strongly resemble Islam just happen to be in the same area (and which claim to be ancestors). If all other religions are merely degenerate forms of Islam, which should see a scattering of examples round the world which are more or less similar. Instead we see only two examples, right nextdoor chronologically and geographically speaking.That is too much to be a coincidence.

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: Why doesn't God deliver the same revelation of Himself to all nations?

      Originally posted by ExNihilo View Post
      ...What evidence is there of Islamic teaching in religions outside their sphere of influence?
      This has been answered. Not sure why you ignored that post only repeat the question.

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: Why doesn't God deliver the same revelation of Himself to all nations?

        Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
        This has been answered. Not sure why you ignored that post only repeat the question.
        It has not been answered, and by your own admission, you don't understand the question.

        If it's true that every culture, in every time received its prophets, there should be many examples back in history of cultures which were Islamic for a time, before degenerating away. But the only thing we can see are two religions with a trajectory that fits evolution into Islam, instead of devolution away from it.

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: Why doesn't God deliver the same revelation of Himself to all nations?

          Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
          Next question: Why did God put the earth *here* and not *there*?
          because we are judging "ex post facto". Meaning that, if the world were "there", perhaps we wouldn't even exist, so there would be no one asking this question at all.

          This still does not explain the fact that God's "revelation" seems to have concentrated, to a very wide extent, on the Mediterranean/Middle Eastern region. It does seem quite strange - to me at least.

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: Why doesn't God deliver the same revelation of Himself to all nations?

            Originally posted by talibilm09 View Post
            As Per Hadith there were about 124, 000 messengers through out the world in every language and only about 30 were mentioned by name in Quran. God Is All Wise,
            he has been doing what has to be done and he knows the best what to do.

            For example in TAMIL language a saint before Christ was born and he resembled as the image of various images Prophets with a Beard because its said in Hadith All Prophets had beards (sunnah) and his attire resembles the same. I DONT CONFIRM HIS AS A PROPHET AS I DONT HAVE AUTHORITY TO DO SO EXCEPT those in the quran with names. MAY BE HE IS A PROPHET with his monotheism policy, one human kind , controlling of tongue as mentioned in Islam. Similarly Vedas of SANSKRIT give messages about Abraham( mentioned as Abrham) and his policy to follow circumcision and also about Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) very clearly by Name as ' Muhammad' . http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ioned+in+vedas
            thank you for this information. This is interesting, but very anecdotic, if you compare it with the huge amount of beliefs, rules and narrations shared by Christianity, Judaism and Islam.
            Originally posted by talibilm09 View Post
            Similarly I believe there will be messengers of God In every language and nation but in a disguised form because its has been the routine of the Human Race to jump to assumptions and imaginations as in the case of Jesus(pbh) who would not have been known to us If the Quran had not mentioned about him because his personalty and the holy book revealed through him was altered beyond easy recognition.
            so, you think that God is still sending messengers all around the world ? what makes you think that ? any new messengers appearing recently ?

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: Why doesn't God deliver the same revelation of Himself to all nations?

              Originally posted by ExNihilo View Post
              It has not been answered, and by your own admission, you don't understand the question.

              If it's true that every culture, in every time received its prophets, there should be many examples back in history of cultures which were Islamic for a time, before degenerating away. But the only thing we can see are two religions with a trajectory that fits evolution into Islam, instead of devolution away from it.
              I've already given you one example of law. You want more? From the way I answered the question, if you get the impression that I don't understand then perhaps you could clarify what you mean.

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: Why doesn't God deliver the same revelation of Himself to all nations?

                Originally posted by olrac View Post
                because we are judging "ex post facto". Meaning that, if the world were "there", perhaps we wouldn't even exist, so there would be no one asking this question at all.

                This still does not explain the fact that God's "revelation" seems to have concentrated, to a very wide extent, on the Mediterranean/Middle Eastern region. It does seem quite strange - to me at least.
                What is so strange about it?

                Three nations, all living in proximity of each other with a provable 'historical relationship' have more in common with each other than they do with nations that that are farther away. A bit simplistic maybe but that's what it comes down to.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: Why doesn't God deliver the same revelation of Himself to all nations?

                  Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                  I've already given you one example of law. You want more? From the way I answered the question, if you get the impression that I don't understand then perhaps you could clarify what you mean.
                  Some form of prohibition against murder is common to all societies - even non religious ones. There is nothing distinctive about it that makes it Islamic.

                  Whereas if, say, you found a bunch of rules like no music, wearing beards, praying 5 times a day, no partners to Allah, story of Adam and Noah etc, that would be highly distinctive of an Islamic style faith.

                  But in fact, the only two religions which show a high correlation with Islam are those which are said to be its ancestors.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: Why doesn't God deliver the same revelation of Himself to all nations?

                    Originally posted by drifter786 View Post
                    Is that even practically possibile in 16 hours day or just exaggeration? Or perhaps days used to be longer like 50 cubit tall humans. Religions make extraordinary claims.
                    But darwins theory makes perfect sense?

                    If u can do over 2000 crunches per day in about half n hour to an hour, why is 50 prayers per day so difficult to comprehend? 1 2rakhas prayer dont even take a minute... and u know back then they didnt have electricity or technogy to take up their time. People would get up at the crack of dawn.
                    "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

                    "Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: Why doesn't God deliver the same revelation of Himself to all nations?

                      Originally posted by ExNihilo View Post
                      Some form of prohibition against murder is common to all societies - even non religious ones. There is nothing distinctive about it that makes it Islamic.

                      Whereas if, say, you found a bunch of rules like no music, wearing beards, praying 5 times a day, no partners to Allah, story of Adam and Noah etc, that would be highly distinctive of an Islamic style faith.

                      But in fact, the only two religions which show a high correlation with Islam are those which are said to be its ancestors.
                      For info on prophets like Adam then we look at the texts and compare. Which other nations talk about the first man? If we don't find any, we assume they either died out or the nothing resembling the 'original' message has survived. Rulings on issues like beards and hijab are a different matter since we don't claim that shariah was the exactly the same for every nation.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: Why doesn't God deliver the same revelation of Himself to all nations?

                        Originally posted by ExNihilo View Post
                        Some form of prohibition against murder is common to all societies - even non religious ones. There is nothing distinctive about it that makes it Islamic.

                        Whereas if, say, you found a bunch of rules like no music, wearing beards, praying 5 times a day, no partners to Allah, story of Adam and Noah etc, that would be highly distinctive of an Islamic style faith.

                        But in fact, the only two religions which show a high correlation with Islam are those which are said to be its ancestors.
                        Oh yea its distinct alright. Others just condemn it. Iskam goes above and beyond and likens the killing of an innocent human like that of wiping out the entire mankind.
                        Also it doesnt stop there islam goes even further and says if u save an innocent life, its like saving the whole of humankind.

                        Stick that in yo pipe n smoke it!
                        "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

                        "Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Re: Why doesn't God deliver the same revelation of Himself to all nations?

                          Originally posted by ExNihilo View Post
                          Some form of prohibition against murder is common to all societies - even non religious ones. There is nothing distinctive about it that makes it Islamic...
                          If the law against murder has existed from the beginning then it's entirely relevant.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Re: Why doesn't God deliver the same revelation of Himself to all nations?

                            Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                            For info on prophets like Adam then we look at the texts and compare. Which other nations talk about the first man? If we don't find any, we assume they either died out or the nothing resembling the 'original' message has survived. Rulings on issues like beards and hijab are a different matter since we don't claim that shariah was the exactly the same for every nation.
                            Creation myths are common to all cultures and 'first man' stories are almost inevitably a part of that. There is absolutely nothing in what you are saying that supports the notion of Islam as the 'original' version of all other religions. Not only do they not resemble Islam today, they also don't show any progression 'away' from a more Islamic like past, which would support the notion of a pure original being slowly distorted. They look exactly as you would expect from religions that are developing from their own, independent, non Islamic origins.

                            I am amazed to find you saying that Sharia is not essential to the core of Islam.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Re: Why doesn't God deliver the same revelation of Himself to all nations?

                              Originally posted by ExNihilo View Post
                              Creation myths are common to all cultures and 'first man' stories are almost inevitably a part of that. There is absolutely nothing in what you are saying that supports the notion of Islam as the 'original' version of all other religions. Not only do they not resemble Islam today, they also don't show any progression 'away' from a more Islamic like past, which would support the notion of a pure original being slowly distorted. They look exactly as you would expect from religions that are developing from their own, independent, non Islamic origins.

                              I am amazed to find you saying that Sharia is not essential to the core of Islam.
                              You've created a strawman.

                              Nobody claimed that Islam is the 'original' version of all other religions.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Re: Why doesn't God deliver the same revelation of Himself to all nations?

                                Originally posted by candyapple View Post
                                :) I believe I mentioned the quran being the last and final message
                                I know I thought I'd make it explicit that Islam and Muslims were on Earth since the First man Adam(as).

                                the rest of the Religions are concoctions of Man

                                :jkk:
                                Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 12-06-14, 05:14 PM.
                                http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

                                "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

                                – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X