Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't God deliver the same revelation of Himself to all nations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why doesn't God deliver the same revelation of Himself to all nations?

Originally posted by olrac View Post
    yes, but I always wondered why God seems to have concentrated mainly on the Mediterranean/Middle East region.

The world is much, much wider than that....
    Next question: Why did God put the earth *here* and not *there*?

Comment

Originally posted by ExNihilo View Post
      Perhaps something just a teeny weeny bit more specifically Islamic?
      I'm still not sure what you mean. In Islam, everything is linked to Islam one way or another.

However, let's look at the what is meant by 'nations'. Does it refer to countries? Tribes? Race? Ethnicity? Geographical location?

Also note that some prophets and messengers had very few followers. It's reasonable to assume that 'nations' simple died out along with their laws and customs.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
        I'm still not sure what you mean. In Islam, everything is linked to Islam one way or another.

However, let's look at the what is meant by 'nations'. Does it refer to countries? Tribes? Race? Ethnicity? Geographical location?

Also note that some prophets and messengers had very few followers. It's reasonable to assume that 'nations' simple died out along with their laws and customs.
        I can't imagine I'm the first person in the world to ask this question. There has to be a better response that that.

Comment

I can't imagine I'm the first person in the world to ask this question. There has to be a better response that that.
          It's the first time I've heard this question and I'm not sure I even understand it.

Why is there nothing resembling Islam in places like China, pre Columbian America and Aboriginal culture?
          There are many similarities if we use laws and customs as examples but it depends how you approach the question. Like I said, Islam is 'everything' so what exactly are you looking for? The question is too broad:

Laws, beliefs, names, places, events, stories, references, books, anything.
          The laws on murder is one example where we can say that 'other nations' are fairly similar as murder is outlawed in every society I've ever heard of. This is if you want to approach the question from a 'history of law' point of view. We can even compare to modern nation states with this one.

All you have to do is compare Islam with any other 'relevant' historical data and highlight the common factors.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
            Next question: Why did God put the earth *here* and not *there*?
            Yes, why is it 149,600,000 km from the SUn and not 149,600,000.01 km from the Sun ...

lol,
            http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by studentipswich View Post
              I'm not really trying to be "clever" about this - I think this is as much a problem for Christians as for Muslims. A Christian could point out that by God giving his revelation at the time of the Roman Empire this was a great way to spread the gospel to all over the world, but the fact remains that although it is true that Christianity did spread pretty quickly and even got as far as some parts of China within a few centuries, there were many parts of the world that never heard the message of Christianity for centuries and indeed still have not heard it today, and the same is true of Islam. No matter how diligent the followers are in spreading the message, if God is able to give a revelation of the true religion to someone, why stop at just one person?

Imagine you have some really great news, do you call one person and tell it to them and then tell no one else, and hope they all pass it on, or do you tell as many people as possible? You'd go through your phone book with the good news wouldn't you?

So if God did this it would do two things - first, people all over the world would be told the true religion from God very quickly, and second, people would know it was the true religion because prophets all over the world would be being told the same thing from God, so this would confirm it came from God and was not made up by the prophet.

So I'm just saying I can't see the advantage of God not doing this, why would he not spread the world really quickly and confirm the true religion at the same time?
              You know noah, david, solomon, abraham, moses, jesus all came preaching the same message... but each prophet was sent to his nation only. Until prophet Muhammed pbuh. He is sent with his message for the whole of humankind til the last day. He is tge last and final messenger and a seal to the prophethood. The world is gunna end sometime soon, so the quran is the last and final message for anyone who wishes to be saved.
              There is no more prophets or messengers with any new religion after islam. Thats it. Islam is the last religion.
              "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

Originally posted by candyapple View Post
                You know noah, david, solomon, abraham, moses, jesus all came preaching the same message... but each prophet was sent to his nation only. Until prophet Muhammed pbuh. He is sent with his message for the whole of humankind til the last day. He is tge last and final messenger and a seal to the prophethood. The world is gunna end sometime soon, so the quran is the last and final message for anyone who wishes to be saved.
                There is no more prophets or messengers with any new religion after islam. Thats it. Islam is the last religion.
                Just a slight correction Islam is the First and Last Religion Revealed by Allah ta'ala,

in otherwords it was and is the Only Religion ever revealed by Allah tala.

:brf:
                http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by olrac View Post
                  yes, but I always wondered why God seems to have concentrated mainly on the Mediterranean/Middle East region.

The world is much, much wider than that....
                  As Per Hadith there were about 124, 000 messengers through out the world in every language and only about 30 were mentioned by name in Quran. God Is All Wise,
                  he has been doing what has to be done and he knows the best what to do.

For example in TAMIL language a saint before Christ was born and he resembled as the image of various images Prophets with a Beard because its said in Hadith All Prophets had beards (sunnah) and his attire resembles the same. I DONT CONFIRM HIS AS A PROPHET AS I DONT HAVE AUTHORITY TO DO SO EXCEPT those in the quran with names. MAY BE HE IS A PROPHET with his monotheism policy, one human kind , controlling of tongue as mentioned in Islam. Similarly Vedas of SANSKRIT give messages about Abraham( mentioned as Abrham) and his policy to follow circumcision and also about Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) very clearly by Name as ' Muhammad' . http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ioned+in+vedas

Similarly I believe there will be messengers of God In every language and nation but in a disguised form because its has been the routine of the Human Race to jump to assumptions and imaginations as in the case of Jesus(pbh) who would not have been known to us If the Quran had not mentioned about him because his personalty and the holy book revealed through him was altered beyond easy recognition.
                  My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
                    Just a slight correction Islam is the First and Last Religion Revealed by Allah ta'ala,

in otherwords it was and is the Only Religion ever revealed by Allah tala.

:brf:
                    :) I believe I mentioned the quran being the last and final message
                    "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Comment

Originally posted by candyapple View Post
                      :) I believe I mentioned the quran being the last and final message
                      Soz just noticed what u meant :)

Comment

Two questions.

1. Is there any evidence of specific, uniquely Muslim practices and theology in other religions, albeit distorted? For instance, is there another religion that bans music, makes men grow beards and makes people pray 5 times a day? Or uses the term 'Islam'? Or which requires 4 witnesses for adultery? Or which talks about no partners for Allah?

Murder prohibition is the most generic of all laws, it's universal even in non religious societies. What specifically islamic references can be found in other religions can be found to match the huge number of correspondences that we see in Christianity and Judaism?

2. The relation between Judaism, Christianity and Islam is obvious enough. Many characters, stories, events and laws are actually directly shared.

The non Muslim looks at this and assumes it is because of a chronological descent - Judaism, to Christianity, to Islam.Whereas a Muslim says that Islam was first and there others are 'distorted'.

The external historical evidence supports the non Muslim version of events. Is there any evidence to indicate the Muslim version of chronology versus the apparent historical chronology?

Comment

Two questions.

1. Is there any evidence of specific, uniquely Muslim practices and theology in other religions, albeit distorted? For instance, is there another religion that bans music, makes men grow beards and makes people pray 5 times a day? Or uses the term 'Islam'? Or which requires 4 witnesses for adultery? Or which talks about no partners for Allah?

Murder prohibition is the most generic of all laws, it's universal even in non religious societies. What specifically islamic references can be found in other religions can be found to match the huge number of correspondences that we see in Christianity and Judaism?

2. The relation between Judaism, Christianity and Islam is obvious enough. Many characters, stories, events and laws are actually directly shared.

The non Muslim looks at this and assumes it is because of a chronological descent - Judaism, to Christianity, to Islam.Whereas a Muslim says that Islam was first and there others are 'distorted'.

The external historical evidence supports the non Muslim version of events. Is there any evidence to indicate the Muslim version of chronology versus the apparent historical chronology?
                          Islam was followed by Prophet Adam (pbh) and his wife Eve and Progeny but all the laws were not the same and was similar with other Prophets as well , as the Islamic Law given by Allah suited their times ONLY. A sister married her brother born in the times of Adam . Children were born in twins Male and female each time and the First Male married the next girl in the next twin and vice versa. Prophet Moses had to pray 50 times a day. fasting was more difficult and should not speak while fasting
                          unless very important matters etc etc
                          My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by talibilm09 View Post
                            Prophet Moses had to pray 50 times a day.
                            Is that even practically possibile in 16 hours day or just exaggeration? Or perhaps days used to be longer like 50 cubit tall humans. Religions make extraordinary claims.

Comment

Originally posted by talibilm09 View Post
                              Islam was followed by Prophet Adam (pbh) and his wife Eve and Progeny but all the laws were not the same and was similar with other Prophets as well , as the Islamic Law given by Allah suited their times ONLY. A sister married her brother born in the times of Adam . Children were born in twins Male and female each time and the First Male married the next girl in the next twin and vice versa. Prophet Moses had to pray 50 times a day. fasting was more difficult and should not speak while fasting
                              unless very important matters etc etc
                              All of this shows strong overlap between the 3 Abrahamic faiths but little or none with all other religions.

What evidence is there of Islamic teaching in religions outside their sphere of influence?

Comment

All of this shows strong overlap between the 3 Abrahamic faiths but little or none with all other religions.

What evidence is there of Islamic teaching in religions outside their sphere of influence?
                                Hi,

# 38 in this thread will have a reply for your question
                                My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

Working...
                                X