Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't God deliver the same revelation of Himself to all nations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn't God deliver the same revelation of Himself to all nations?

If God ever spoke to a prophet, and gave a revelation of himself, then it seems likely that he could have spoken to more than one prophet and given that same revelation to many different peoples.

So why didn't God give the same revelation of himself to all the different countries around the world - to those in Africa, those in Japan, those in Australia, those in the Americas, those in India and so on?

One could look at the natural world, and say well God appears to like variety - the varieties of plants and animals, the varieties of people and cultures, if God likes variety - and of course every religion creates many varieties of itself anyway - perhaps God wants there to be many different forms of religion? After all if he wanted everyone to believe the same thing it would be quite simple for him to have given the same revelation of himself all over the world?

I think all those who believe in God revealing his plans to his prophets find this a difficult question to answer - I know I do - and I'd be interested in hearing other people's views on it.

Re: Why doesn't God deliver the same revelation of Himself to all nations?

God did reveal His message to everyone, all over the world.

The Qur'an is for everyone that will exists in this world until the Day of Judgment.

And, no God doesn't want there to be many different forms of religion, because that would contradict God.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Thank you for your reply - I was not aware of other revelations of the Qur'an - can you give me some examples and where they were located, who the prophets were etc?

Thanks.

Comment

Qur'an was revealed to only one Prophet - Prophet Muhammad

However, it is meant for all mankind, in every country, in every continent. So, it's the job of the Muslims to spread the true message of Islam all over the world.
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

So this is my question, why wasn't it given to all nations and every continent?

If I was a King who had passed a law that I wanted all my subjects to obey, I would send copies of that law to all parts of the kingdom, to insure everyone obeyed the law. Why did God not send his revelation to all peoples around the world in a similar way?

Comment

Qur'an actually was sent to all parts of the world. Hundreds of Companions of the Prophet memorized the Qur'an by heart and the practices/teachings of the Prophet

Then, they went far and wide to spread the message to as many people as they could. Islam grew tremendously over time.

Comment

I'm not really trying to be "clever" about this - I think this is as much a problem for Christians as for Muslims. A Christian could point out that by God giving his revelation at the time of the Roman Empire this was a great way to spread the gospel to all over the world, but the fact remains that although it is true that Christianity did spread pretty quickly and even got as far as some parts of China within a few centuries, there were many parts of the world that never heard the message of Christianity for centuries and indeed still have not heard it today, and the same is true of Islam. No matter how diligent the followers are in spreading the message, if God is able to give a revelation of the true religion to someone, why stop at just one person?

Imagine you have some really great news, do you call one person and tell it to them and then tell no one else, and hope they all pass it on, or do you tell as many people as possible? You'd go through your phone book with the good news wouldn't you?

So if God did this it would do two things - first, people all over the world would be told the true religion from God very quickly, and second, people would know it was the true religion because prophets all over the world would be being told the same thing from God, so this would confirm it came from God and was not made up by the prophet.

So I'm just saying I can't see the advantage of God not doing this, why would he not spread the world really quickly and confirm the true religion at the same time?

Comment

Originally posted by studentipswich View Post
                I'm not really trying to be "clever" about this...
                It shows.

Stop and think for a minute. Are you really trying to advise the one that created you?

Comment

Prophet Muhammad was the Last and Final Messenger. And, this is a crucial belief in Islam. So, it doesn't make sense to have multiple prophets.

Imagine you have some really great news, do you call one person and tell it to them and then tell no one else, and hope they all pass it on, or do you tell as many people as possible? You'd go through your phone book with the good news wouldn't you?
                  That's the problem. You're comparing God to people. You might "hope" that this will happen and that will happen. However, God is aware of everything that will happen in the future.

By sending just one final Prophet, God knew what the best thing to do was, so it's not for us to say that we think it'd be better if this would have happened or that would have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                    Are you really trying to advise the one that created you?
                    His line of questioning is legitimate. God is certainly capable of providing a revelation to every people at the same time. Why not do that? Why would God deposit all His revelations in a geographically tiny area? This is not gainsaying God.

This line of thought should be very relevant to you and I both, as a Muslim and a Christian respectively. For what happened to those people who died without ever having heard of Islam or the Quran? What happened to those people who died before receiving the Gospel? Were they damned despite their innocence? God forbid it!

I'll agree that the messages of Islam and Christianity were spread far and wide in the Eurasian landmass, but it seems quite clear that the Americas didn't hear about either until the 15th and 16th Centuries, while the dark heart of Africa probably remained unevangelized even longer. I find the claim that every nation received a prophet to be dubious.

Comment

Originally posted by jdxp View Post
                      This line of thought should be very relevant to you and I both, as a Muslim and a Christian respectively. For what happened to those people who died without ever having heard of Islam or the Quran? What happened to those people who died before receiving the Gospel? Were they damned despite their innocence? God forbid it!
                      There is an answer to that.

The fate of kuffaar who did not hear the message of Islam

It's not like God did something that could've been done in a better way, or we came up with a better way than God.

Last and not the least, we all need to remember, God is the Most Just. He will never wrong anyone, not even for the smallest of things.

Comment

Originally posted by jdxp View Post
                        His line of questioning is legitimate. God is certainly capable of providing a revelation to every people at the same time. Why not do that? Why would God deposit all His revelations in a geographically tiny area? This is not gainsaying God.

I'll agree that the messages of Islam and Christianity were spread far and wide in the Eurasian landmass, but it seems quite clear that the Americas didn't hear about either until the 15th and 16th Centuries, while the dark heart of Africa probably remained unevangelized even longer. I find the claim that every nation received a prophet to be dubious.
                        It might be a part of Christianity to question and criticise Allah but it's actually kufr so it's not a legitimate or relevant 'line of thought' in Islam.

Comment

Here is the direct answer to your question from the Quran:

5:48 (Y. Ali) To thee We sent the Scripture in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety: so judge between them by what Allah hath revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging from the Truth that hath come to thee. To each among you have we prescribed a law and an open way. If Allah had so willed, He would have made you a single people, but (His plan is) to test you in what He hath given you: so strive as in a race in all virtues. The goal of you all is to Allah. it is He that will show you the truth of the matters in which ye dispute;
                          The Quran is a plain statement to men, a guidance and instruction to those who fear Allah, So lose not heart nor fall into despair, for ye MUST gain mastery if ye are true in faith. 3:138, 139 http://www.scribd.com/doc/116767121/...rlasting-Gospe

Comment

the bible, the Torah, the psalms are all confirmed by Islam to be the words of God so they count as books sent by God to other nations.
                            وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by studentipswich View Post
                              If God ever spoke to a prophet, and gave a revelation of himself, then it seems likely that he could have spoken to more than one prophet and given that same revelation to many different peoples.

So why didn't God give the same revelation of himself to all the different countries around the world - to those in Africa, those in Japan, those in Australia, those in the Americas, those in India and so on?

One could look at the natural world, and say well God appears to like variety - the varieties of plants and animals, the varieties of people and cultures, if God likes variety - and of course every religion creates many varieties of itself anyway - perhaps God wants there to be many different forms of religion? After all if he wanted everyone to believe the same thing it would be quite simple for him to have given the same revelation of himself all over the world?

I think all those who believe in God revealing his plans to his prophets find this a difficult question to answer - I know I do - and I'd be interested in hearing other people's views on it.
                              Peace be upon those who recieve Guidance!

I advise you to read the Glorious Quran,

Surah Ar-Ra'd : Ayah 7
                              --------------------------------
                              "And the disbelievers say: "Why is not a sign sent down to him from his Lord?" You are only a warner, and to every people there is a guide.

the message is Re-iterated Explicitely ...

Surah Fatir : Ayah 24
                              -----------------------------
                              "Verily! We have sent you with the truth, a bearer of glad tidings, and a warner. And there never was a nation but a warner had passed among them. "

Allah ta'ala also answers your latter Question,

Surah Yunus : Ayah 99
                              ---------------------------------
                              "And had your Lord willed, those on earth would have believed, all of them together. So, will you (O Muhammad SAW) then compel mankind, until they become believers.?"

Forcing people to become believers is not the way of Allah ta'ala, he gives them the choice, warns them of the consequences of Evil and the reward of doing Good, and Ultimately Judges them (on Judgement Day)

Allah Azzawajal said in the Glorious Quran ... "If you do good, you do good for your ownselves, and if you do evil (you do it) against yourselves ..."

regards
                              Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 11-06-14, 12:31 AM.
                              http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Working...
                              X