Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Scientific errors in quran?

Originally posted by DescentofMan View Post
    Radiometric dating using the quantity of Potassium 40 in comparison with the Argon-40 as they both have different half-lives.

Yeah this is what I am talking about. This doesnt proof such is such years old. If you think otherwise then prove me how radiometric dating using the quantity of Potassium 40 in comparison with the Argon-40 as they both have different half-lives proves such is such years old.

Read the article:

80% of the article says such is such years without any explanation how they got it. And then they gave the radiometric story which doesnt even have the proof of the story yet alone how it proves such is such years old.

If the genes are the same, the metabolic processes are the same.

Again another statement without any proofs.

Again, you don't even bother reading. Just one reason why giants can't exist (I can't believe I'm actually debating this)

Again statements without proofs.

There is a reason why people born with hyperplasia do not live very long lives. Their bones are brittle and unable to support their body weight.

How is that a proof that humans of the past were not giants. Are people with hyperplasia giants.

Prove me that, there must be fossil evidence for giants for it to have existed.

Prove me why should there be fossil evidence? And if there are fossils that havent been dusts, what are the possibilities that we would find it. And what is your proof that it doesnt exist if we couldnt find the fossils.

You need to come up with the evidence that mythical giants exist. Why don't you believe in the invisible pink unicorn or the flying spaghetti monster. After all, science can't disprove these things.
    There is no proof that the giants doesnt exist.
    So your proof is if invisible pink unicorn and spaghetti monster doesnt exist then the creator doesnt exist either. Is that what you believe as logical proof. I mean its better than the fossil storys but man you can do better than that.
    If you believe there is no creator(The God) then just prove it. You can use science or anything to disprove god but you must come with logical proofs.
    My question is how is humans, animals, life, etc... exist without a creator?

Comment

1)Human metabolism has been similar for 200,000 years.

2)Fossils of humans in recent and far past shows no signs of such longevity in their lives. For example, many traditions paint Noah as a giant, which is completely unfounded.

3)Extrapolation from historical humans and their age showing similar maximum age with a very, very gradual increase since the past.
      The earliest human fossils date back 200,000 years?

Comment

There are fossils of the members of genus Homo that date back 2 Million years ago; however some the oldest fossils of anatomically modern humans (H. s. sapiens) date back to about 200,000 years.

However, it is interesting to note that it's not completely easy to differentiate very similar fossils. Neanderthal men mated with "modern human" females which is why all non-Sub-Saharan African humans have a little of Neanderthal DNA. Yet, despite a certain extent of the ability to breed, the two are classified as two distinct sub-species (Neanderthals being H. n. sapiens).

Comment

There are fossils of the members of genus Homo that date back 2 Million years ago; however some the oldest fossils of anatomically modern humans (H. s. sapiens) date back to about 200,000 years.

Proof please.

However, it is interesting to note that it's not completely easy to differentiate very similar fossils. Neanderthal men mated with "modern human" females which is why all non-Sub-Saharan African humans have a little of Neanderthal DNA. Yet, despite a certain extent of the ability to breed, the two are classified as two distinct sub-species (Neanderthals being H. n. sapiens).

Proof please.
          Post the proofs and we will believe it. Without logical proofs, we are sorry to say that we cant believe it.

Comment

I gave you the evidence. You keep blabbering on about proof, proof, proof and not bothering to actually read because it is right there when I mentioned it!

For the age, radiometric dating using the isotopes K-40 and Ar-40. See the posts above.

For the Neanderthal DNA, sequencing the genome of Neanderthal from their fossils as well as sequencing the mtDNA sequence which is only passed maternally.
            http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl...rthals_786.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Al Siddiq View Post
              If you believe there is no creator(The God) then just prove it. You can use science or anything to disprove god but you must come with logical proofs.
              My question is how is humans, animals, life, etc... exist without a creator?
              It is not necessary to disprove god to not believe in it.

The null hypothesis is that there is no god, and the claim is "there is a god".

The claim must be proved, if it is to be accepted.

I don't know anyone that claims to be able to prove that god does not exist.

Comment

The oldest known humans = 200,000 years ago?

Comment

I gave you the evidence. You keep blabbering on about proof, proof, proof and not bothering to actually read because it is right there when I mentioned it!

I said to post the proofs and so far you have failed to do so. Just post the proofs here if you are truthful. If you think you have already posted the proofs for your claims, then tell me what is the number of that post. So far I havent seen any proofs for your claims.
                  By the way, we dont believe someone's claims just because they gets angry or started crying. We need logical proofs for any claims to believe it otherwise we dont believe it.

For the age, radiometric dating using the isotopes K-40 and Ar-40. See the posts above.

Again I have to say this. Post the proof how radiometric dating using the isotopes K-40 and Ar-40 shows the age of such and such. I have looked the above post and it didnt prove how radiometric dating using the isotopes K-40 and Ar-40 gives the age of such and such.

For the Neanderthal DNA, sequencing the genome of Neanderthal from their fossils as well as sequencing the mtDNA sequence which is only passed maternally.
                  http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl...rthals_786.gif
                  Again another claim without any proof.
                  Once again I will say it, post the proofs here for your claims. Even if you say there was no giants millions of times, we cant believe you if you dont give any proofs for your claims. Even if you said million times this fossil shows such is such years old, we cant believe it if you dont give the proof how that fossil shows such is such years old.
                  We are not dumb enough to believe claims without any proof. For example if someone maybe a scientist said the number of nerves in your hand divided by 12 gives your age and this works for every human beings past and future included, we dont just blindly belive the claim. We say give proof for that claim.

Comment

Originally posted by iwasjimmyjimmy View Post
                    It is not necessary to disprove god to not believe in it.

The null hypothesis is that there is no god, and the claim is "there is a god".

The claim must be proved, if it is to be accepted.

I don't know anyone that claims to be able to prove that god does not exist.
                    So no one can disprove god, doesnt it means that god exist. Why do people believe something they dont have a proof.
                    If no one can disprove god then it means most likely there is god. First we have to check if there is anyone who can disprove god. If not then we can go to the next stage and find the proof why there must be a god.

Comment

Again I have to say this. Post the proof how radiometric dating using the isotopes K-40 and Ar-40 shows the age of such and such. I have looked the above post and it didnt prove how radiometric dating using the isotopes K-40 and Ar-40 gives the age of such and such.

Radiometric Dating
                      Potassium-Argon dating

Again another claim without any proof.
                      That was the proof, not the claim.

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                      The oldest known humans = 200,000 years ago?
                      Yes. I'm pretty sure I stated that in my last post.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Siddiq View Post
                        If no one can disprove god then it means most likely there is god. First we have to check if there is anyone who can disprove god. If not then we can go to the next stage and find the proof why there must be a god.
                        No offence, but I think you need to go an look into the nature of what a claim is, what "null hypothesis" means, and something about the nature of proving and disproving things with reference to reality.

I think you might change the way you look at this question.

Comment

...Yes. I'm pretty sure I stated that in my last post.
                          Pics?

Comment

Originally posted by iwasjimmyjimmy View Post
                            No offence, but I think you need to go an look into the nature of what a claim is, what "null hypothesis" means, and something about the nature of proving and disproving things with reference to reality.

I think you might change the way you look at this question.
                            So you have no proof for your claims.

Comment

Radiometric Dating
                              Potassium-Argon dating

Again I have to say it, post the proofs. Just write it and post the proofs.
                              Another link of your claims is not proof for those claims. If you have posted the claims here then I can ask for the proofs for every claim but when you gave a link of full of claims without any proof, then I have to ask you to prove everything.

That was the proof, not the claim.

So we have to blindly follow you and believe every claim you make is a proof. I am sorry but we cant do that. We need logical proofs to believe anything. Give logical proofs for your claims then we will believe you.
                              . .

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                                Pics?
                                https://genographic-project.wikispac...0223122209.jpg
                                http://www.templestudy.com/wp-conten...mo-remains.jpg

Omo Remains

About 30 years after the original finds, a detailed stratigraphic analysis of the area surrounding the fossils was carried out. This analysis argon-dated the Member I layer to 195,000 years ago and that of Member III to 105,000 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X