Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Errors in Quran ?

Originally posted by Be Muslims View Post
    Your source is not credible i.e of no value.
    Well, it gave 4 interpretations. Are they all wrong?

Comment

I don't see your point at all.
      Some disbelievers say that God says that the moon is located in the middle of the universe based on this ayat:

Sahih International
      Do you not consider how Allah has created seven heavens in layers

Sahih International
      And made the moon therein a [reflected] light and made the sun a burning lamp?
      http://quran.com/71/15-16

The reason for their laughable claim is that some english translators used the word midst 'And made the moon a light in their midst' (which is a wrong translation).
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]69659[/ATTACH]
      The Arabic words 'Fihaa', 'Fihinna', 'Fihim' and 'Fihi' (i.e. 'in it' or 'in them') etc. are used to imply 'within', which does not necessarily imply 'lying at the middle/center' as they want to portray.
      The point that would truly establish the said 'scientific' error is that the referred Arabic words for 'within' cannot be used for something that lies at the periphery of something else. In other words, what disbelievers needs to establish is that the referred Arabic words for 'within' cannot be used for the situation depicted in Square B, as shown in the diagram.

So, as we can see, like many of other refuted claims, the straw man fallacy is commonly committed..

God chose the language of the Arabs as the medium for relaying His final and most important message to mankind. Among the many languages of humanity, Arabic has a very high level of subtlety and eloquence. When we study carefully the words Allah chooses to describe things, the miraculous nature of the Quran becomes quite clear.

we see in this ayah of the Quran, that whether it willingly submits, or is compelled to do so. The ayah answer your question. If you can't grasp it, It would be just your comprehension problem.

Comment

Originally posted by redtilt1 View Post
        The Greeks had worked out , not only that Earth had a sphere like shape but Erateosthenes has detemriend the cirucmference of the Earth by looking at shadows. He got the answer pretty much correct to todays measreuments:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eratost..._circumference
        Its evident you know nothing about the history of science,

They say a thief suspects others as thief,
        similarly the Christians who copied from the Greek's Claudius Ptolemy's the Most Erroneous Geo centric theory and followed untill 17th century and firmly believed in it which resulted in the Vatican's great blunder of Imprisoning Galileo in 1633 ( is its evident now ? what you had claimed about me ? ) is a ENOUGH Proof, that's its you (the Christians) who copied from Greeks thinking that it was true & scientific just to make YOUR holy book appear more scientific (window dressing) not The Muslims or Quran which was actually rectifying errors of the Bible, but you SUSPECTED Islam did they same mistake as you did but it did not (as i quoted earlier ''They say a thief suspects others as thief '').

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...nd-Quran/page7 kindly ponder on the post 271 .

Quran has predicted about people like you who would try to find faults right before 1430 years

3:7 ''............. As for those in whose hearts is deviation [from truth], they will follow that of it which is unspecific, seeking discord and seeking an interpretation [suitable to them]. And no one knows its [true] interpretation except Allah . But those firm in knowledge say, "We believe in it. All [of it] is from our Lord." And no one will be reminded except those of understanding.''

There is a NICE PROOF from this video of you people who distorted your books in the below video at 7 minutes onwards

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUYJwYwx-9g
        My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by redtilt1 View Post
          Im sorry i dont have access to youtube whwere I am, its blocked, perhaps you could explain yourself what your objection is
          hi REDtilT

I JUST SAW THE LINK, Why ARE YOU ELUDING WHEN YOU GET THE RIGHT REPLY. We can wake up people sleeping but not those who are acting asleep.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYYP1K4omwM (see it again, its the same link as above )

Noble Quran 3 :99 ''Say: "O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Why do you stop those who have believed, from the Path of Allah, seeking to make it seem crooked, while you (yourselves) are witnesses [to Muhammad SAW as a Messenger of Allah and Islam (Allah's Religion, i.e. to worship none but Him Alone)]? And Allah is not unaware of what you do."
          My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

I don't see your point at all.

The reason for their laughable claim is that some english translators used the word midst 'And made the moon a light in their midst' (which is a wrong translation).
            The Arabic words 'Fihaa', 'Fihinna', 'Fihim' and 'Fihi' (i.e. 'in it' or 'in them') etc. are used to imply 'within', which does not necessarily imply 'lying at the middle/center' as they want to portray

Lol,The Word In the'' Midst '' only by Yusuf Ali refers only to the Glitter of the moon in the midst of the sky. Even in Scholar Maududi 's translation this word midst in not found as below.

Noble Quran 71:15-16'' Do you not see how Allah has created seven heavens, one above the other and made the moon a light in them and the sun a lamp? ''

see the Twisters game how they cherry pick words and twist meanings Lol, as Prophesied in the below verse right before before 1430 years (caught red handed)

Noble Quran'' 3:7 ''............As for those in whose hearts is deviation [from truth], they will follow that of it which is unspecific, seeking discord and seeking an interpretation [suitable to them]. And no one knows its [true] interpretation except Allah . But those firm in knowledge say, "We believe in it. All [of it] is from our Lord." And no one will be reminded except those of understanding.
            My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by talibilm09 View Post
              Lol,
              Noble Quran

talibilm09

So called "Nobel Quran" we read: "So if you are in doubt, [O Muhammad], about that which We have revealed to you, then ask those [Jews and Christians] who have been reading the Scripture [The Bible] before you".

Why does your allah recommend muhammad to get spiritual support from the Jews and Christians? Answer me please.
              Do you desire to quench your thirst for the knowledge of God? Then search for and follow God’s guidance, and you can be sure that he will satisfy the desires of your heart. Learn God's word and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.—سَبِّحُوا يَاهَ!‏

Comment

Originally posted by Causative View Post

talibilm09

So called "Nobel Quran" we read: "So if you are in doubt, [O Muhammad], about that which We have revealed to you, then ask those [Jews and Christians] who have been reading the Scripture [The Bible] before you".

Why does your allah recommend muhammad to get spiritual support from the Jews and Christians? Answer me please.
                So I have replied to you very clearly in your style in post # 228 so THIS A PROOF you are KIDDING, i advise you to take a job at an Amusement park, mate

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...nd-Quran/page6 READ POST # 228 for your old quote post # 203

AdamMZ

Don't you read the Qir'ans? Read it first and then answer my question. Sura 10:94 we read:

If thou wert in doubt as to what We have revealed unto thee, then askNow answer me, qurans saying: "ask" them you read the Book (Bible) from before thee". Question is: "Ask" what??? How to make icecream? or what?
                So My answer is in your way / style The verse means something like to the Prophet to enquire with ( something like - a parable- no twisting please- thats not in Quran- know you are good twisters ) the People of the Book '' asking them dudes, Is there is something known as Ice cream ?, we Arabs have not tried even once ? but I have been revealed the recipe to make the most tastiest Ice cream of the World & to teach everyone (all Humans- not Arabs alone) about it (no copy rights issues as in the USA)

For more go to post # 228
                http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...nd-Quran/page6
                My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

talibilm09

Your "answer" is no answer. Go find answer and come back.
                  Do you desire to quench your thirst for the knowledge of God? Then search for and follow God’s guidance, and you can be sure that he will satisfy the desires of your heart. Learn God's word and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.—سَبِّحُوا يَاهَ!‏

Comment

Causative what "translation" are you using in your signature and why are you combining two verses from different places so that they appear to be one.

Let's look at sahih international "translation":

We know that you, [O Muhammad], are saddened by what they say. And indeed, they do not call you untruthful, but it is the verses of Allah that the wrongdoers reject.
                    And certainly were messengers denied before you, but they were patient over [the effects of] denial, and they were harmed until Our victory came to them. And none can alter the words of Allah . And there has certainly come to you some information about the [previous] messengers. 6:33-34

6:91
                    And they did not appraise Allah with true appraisal when they said, " Allah did not reveal to a human being anything." Say, "Who revealed the Scripture that Moses brought as light and guidance to the people? You [Jews] make it into pages, disclosing [some of] it and concealing much. And you were taught that which you knew not - neither you nor your fathers." Say, " Allah [revealed it]." Then leave them in their [empty] discourse, amusing themselves.
                    Documentin operssion against muslims
                    Memorization methods for the Qur'an
                    Learn arabic for free
                    IOU - free courses, SeekersHub - free courses
                    sunnah.com

Comment

Originally posted by Akhdar View Post
                      Let's look at sahih international "translation".
                      Akhbar

Many qurans contain many translational errors! Just because some qurans used the erroneous translation of a word, does not make it correct. You should know that even your brothers (the muslims) have acknowledged that in qurans are many mistranslations! I use many translations of the Qur'an, it depends which one translats correctly the verse a want to quote.

Comment

What translation do you use?
                        Learn arabic for free
                        sunnah.com

Comment

Dear Causative,

the following verses in the Qur'an are not related to the blessed Prophet Muhammad being in doubt, so You are mistaken, although there exist poor commentators who think it is related to the Prophet. However it doesn't make sense. Aya 94 is related to people, who received the revelation from the Prophet. These people should look into their scripture, i.e. the Bible, to read the prophecy about Muhammad.

There exists a good English translation with commentary from Muhammad Asad; I don't have it in English, but I have it in German only.

Qur'an, English Yusuf Ali Translation, Sura 10 Aya 94, 95: If thou wert in doubt as to what We have revealed unto thee, then ask those who have been reading the Book from before thee: the Truth hath indeed come to thee from thy Lord: so be in no wise of those in doubt. Nor be of those who reject the signs of Allah, or thou shalt be of those who perish.

There are indeed other references to the scriptures before the Qur'an as well, such like the Torah (five books of Moses), the Psalms of the blessed Prophet David and the Gospel about the blessed Prophet Jesus. Although there are a lot of Muslims who reject the Bible completely, this is not the correct approach to the scriptures.

In addition Allah is not the God of the Muslims only, he is the same God as written in the Bible for all mankind. There is no competition between the Bible and the Qur'an, the books complement each other. Basically the Old Testament is a history book (truth), the Gospel is about love and the Qur'an is about wisdom.

Best Regards
                          Davud

Comment

Originally posted by Davud View Post
                            Dear Causative,

There are indeed other references to the scriptures before the Qur'an as well, such like the Torah (five books of Moses), the Psalms of the blessed Prophet David and the Gospel about the blessed Prophet Jesus. Although there are a lot of Muslims who reject the Bible completely, this is not the correct approach to the scriptures.

Basically the Old Testament is a history book (truth), the Gospel is about love
                            Davud
                            Davud

So you acknowledge that the Bible is the word of God and it is troth? Yes or no?
                            and you saying that the Muslims you think the Bible is corrupted ar wrong? Yes or no?

Comment

Originally posted by Akhdar View Post
                              What translation do you use?
                              Dear Akhbar

I already answered on your question on my previous post:

I use many translations of the Qur'an, it depends which one translats correctly the verse a want to quote.
                              please try to read posts before asking same questions again and again.

Comment

Causative I'm talking about your signature. Surely you aren't using multiple translations for two verses?
                                Learn arabic for free
                                sunnah.com

Comment

Working...
                                X