No announcement yet.

Errors in Quran ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Scientific and historic errors in the Quran?

Originally posted by iwasjimmyjimmy View Post
    My problem is not that Arabic was chosen (although the choice of using a language which didn't even offer the ability to write down vowels, grammar etc, is a bit troublesome).

It is the fact that words were chosen which have multiple meanings, but at the same time, claiming over and over again that it was crystal clear and easy for everyone to understand.

Yet untold numbers of people over many centuries have spent their lives trying to fathom it out.

I can't reconcile those two things.

I understand that it was written in a style which makes it easy to remember, but what it the point of remembering a book that you don't understand properly?
    Examples?

Comment

But there's my problem - I have to make do with the approximate word of god. Why would god do that? Why make it so that the vast majority of humanity can't hear his true word? Why would a perfect deity do that? I just cannot understand that - he's automatically making it harder for any non-Arabic speaker to access the truth. Why not send down a book in all languages, or create a language that everyone can understand? For a perfect being, it seems a terribly imperfect way of doing things.

I don't think my points are arrogant, I think the fact that only a select few can truly interpret the word of god is a major problem.

Comment

Originally posted by observer. View Post
        But there's my problem - I have to make do with the approximate word of god. Why would god do that? Why make it so that the vast majority of humanity can't hear his true word? Why would a perfect deity do that? I just cannot understand that - he's automatically making it harder for any non-Arabic speaker to access the truth. Why not send down a book in all languages, or create a language that everyone can understand? For a perfect being, it seems a terribly imperfect way of doing things.

I don't think my points are arrogant, I think the fact that only a select few can truly interpret the word of god is a major problem.
        You are placing conditions on the creator. You.

It is nothing but arrogance I'm sorry to say.

Comment

• Re: Google stats on "quran errors" vs "bible errors"

Originally posted by ibelieve View Post
          I don't need to discuss contradictions. I went beyond that point. I used to discuss contradictions myself and now I let people around a world to discuss them. Because people discuss contradictions it serves as evidence to me that contradictions exist in both books.
          The only way it was possible to claim that contradictions don't exist if no one discussed them. However people are aggressively discussing them which is real evidence to me that contradictions exist.
          did you even listen to yourself?

if you cannot hold a discussion, your blatantly Trolling,

good bye and good riddens.
          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by garet122 View Post
            Salam,

In a debate with one of my atheist friend, he replied to me that there is errors in the quran.

He gave me a few of them:

23:12
            And certainly did We create man from an extract of clay.

23:13
            Then We placed him as a sperm-drop in a firm lodging.

23:14

After this verses he told me the baby is created from 1 Spermatozoon. Not from a drop. The sperm-drop contain millions of spermatozoons. The sperm-drop does not become an embryo, the embryo is the union between an ovum and a spermatozoon. My friend also told me that the way an embryo is created according to quran is the same as

41:9
            Say, "Do you indeed disbelieve in He who created the earth in two days and attribute to Him equals? That is the Lord of the worlds."

41:10
            And He placed on the earth firmly set mountains over its surface, and He blessed it and determined therein its [creatures'] sustenance in four days without distinction - for [the information] of those who ask.

41:11
            Then He directed Himself to the heaven while it was smoke and said to it and to the earth, "Come [into being], willingly or by compulsion." They said, "We have come willingly."

41:12
            And He completed them as seven heavens within two days and inspired in each heaven its command. And We adorned the nearest heaven with lamps and as protection. That is the determination of the Exalted in Might, the Knowing.

According to this four verses, Allah created the earth before the heavens. But that is illogic according the the modern sciences.

21:80
            And We taught him the fashioning of coats of armor to protect you from your [enemy in] battle. So will you then be grateful?

This Surah is talking about the prophet David. According to this verses, David created the first coat of armor. But according to historic sources, it is the celts who devised the first coat of armors.

Is this real errors or not? If yes, it will certainly mean that the quran is not the book of God.
            There are no errors in the Quran.

Comment

• Re: Scientific errors in quran?

Originally posted by ismail123 View Post
              This website has given many errors in quran. Are they true?
              wikiislam.net/wiki/Scientific_Errors_in_the_Qur'an
              This Guy's Profile above says he's a Ex-Muslim, aka Murtaad, if anyone is wondering ... ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by garet122 View Post
                Salam,

In a debate with one of my atheist friend, he replied to me that there is errors in the quran.

He gave me a few of them:

23:12
                And certainly did We create man from an extract of clay.

23:13

23:14

After this verses he told me the baby is created from 1 Spermatozoon. Not from a drop. The sperm-drop contain millions of spermatozoons. The sperm-drop does not become an embryo, the embryo is the union between an ovum and a spermatozoon. My friend also told me that the way an embryo is created according to quran is the same as

41:9
                Say, "Do you indeed disbelieve in He who created the earth in two days and attribute to Him equals? That is the Lord of the worlds."

41:10
                And He placed on the earth firmly set mountains over its surface, and He blessed it and determined therein its [creatures'] sustenance in four days without distinction - for [the information] of those who ask.

41:11
                Then He directed Himself to the heaven while it was smoke and said to it and to the earth, "Come [into being], willingly or by compulsion." They said, "We have come willingly."

41:12
                And He completed them as seven heavens within two days and inspired in each heaven its command. And We adorned the nearest heaven with lamps and as protection. That is the determination of the Exalted in Might, the Knowing.

According to this four verses, Allah created the earth before the heavens. But that is illogic according the the modern sciences.

21:80
                And We taught him the fashioning of coats of armor to protect you from your [enemy in] battle. So will you then be grateful?

This Surah is talking about the prophet David. According to this verses, David created the first coat of armor. But according to historic sources, it is the celts who devised the first coat of armors.

Is this real errors or not? If yes, it will certainly mean that the quran is not the book of God.
                :wswrwb:

These claims by the Kuffar/Mushrikun have all been proven to be false several times,

http://www.answering-christianity.co...evelopment.htm

:sub:

No Scientific Errors in 42:10-12 either,

If we read the context of the Ayaat in 21:80, we can clearly see it is talking about Daud/David(as) ...

hence Allah ta'ala says ...

Surah Al-Anbiya
                ------------------------
                79: And We made Sulaiman (Solomon) to understand (the case), and to each of them We gave Hukman (right judgement of the affairs and Prophethood) and knowledge. And We subjected the mountains and the birds to glorify Our Praises along with Dawud (David), And it was We Who were the doers (of all these things).

80: And We taught him the making of metal coats of mail (for battles), to protect you in your fighting. Are you then grateful?

it is irrelevant what the Celts did, as Allah ta'ala is not talking about them, Nor can the Kaafir/Mushrik who made the accusation prove that Daud(as) existed after the Celts ...

hence another Fail.

Surah Al-Anbiya : Ayah 22
                ----------------------------------------
                Had there been therein (in the heavens and the earth) gods besides Allah, then verily both would have been ruined. Glorified be Allah, the Lord of the Throne, (High is He) above what they attribute to Him!

Comment

• Re: language used in Quran ?

Brother,

first of all i am a muslim.eventhough when i was born i did not know how to read quran and to understand the meaning of the sentences used in quran.same way every baby in the universe is born.the thing is that it is our parents who teaches us the language that may be arabic,english,or any other language.so it is upto us to learn the languages that will help us to sustain in this world.as well as we know god has chosen his messenger prophet (s) who is from arabia., so it is common that god has revealed his messages to the human kind in arabic,that is which is used in quran.so what i would like to convey my friend is that eventhough i was born as muslim and that time i learned my language which was malay, but later when i grew up i started to read and write arabic and thus i am able to read and understand quran.similarly you may have learned your language.but i consider it is the duty of every human being in this world to study and learn about any languages whether it is arabic , rome, or any, that demands as the message from our god.

Comment

• Re: language used in Quran ?

People learn arabic and study quran very deeply so they feel like it is a miracle what if they did same to the the other scriptures?What if people learned Hebrew and studied Torah ?Would they get the same feeling or not?Why?.I want to ask a question that if quran could not be produced and arabic poets accepted Islam because of its beauty then why did Two greatest arabic poets in history-Al mutanabbi and Abul ala al marri did not accepted Islam and said it was forgery?Please help.

Comment

• Re: Errors in Quran ?

I take an interest in the history of astronomy I think the quote about the seven heavens is likely to be referring to the concept of classical planet. You can read it here on Wikipedia:
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_planet

Comment

Originally posted by redtilt1 View Post
                        I take an interest in the history of astronomy I think the quote about the seven heavens is likely to be referring to the concept of classical planet. You can read it here on Wikipedia:
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_planet
                        There is some reply to you in post # 86 in the thread below ( from '' Quran as the last testament...........) and post # 141

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-nations/page3
                        My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by talibilm09 View Post
                          There is some reply to you in post # 86 in the thread below ( from '' Quran as the last testament...........) and post # 141

sorry its not 86 but post # 109
                          My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

sorry its not 86 but post # 109
                            i dint find it, can you just tell me your thougths on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by redtilt1 View Post
                              i dint find it, can you just tell me your thougths on the matter.
                              You have to read the quote (question) and my replies together so that you could understand what I mean. So kindly read it from the link again, its working

To cut short you can read post # 109 starting from '' Quran as the last testament .....................'' in the below link,

and for more read all my posts in the same thread posts # 86, 87,93,94,97,105,109,112,......etc
                              My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

You have to read the quote (question) and my replies together so that you could understand what I mean. So kindly read it from the link again, its working

To cut short you can read post # 109 starting from '' Quran as the last testament .....................'' in the below link,

and for more read all my posts in the same thread posts # 86, 87,93,94,97,105,109,112,......etc
                                I read your reply, its clearly not consistent with the facts, you said:
                                “Example if it was clearly mentioned in Quran Earth was spherical , just imagine what would have happened ? The Pagan Arabs then would have constructed THE tallest tower to climb and see was it real ? That would lead them only to waste their Precious TIME only thinking on this single word and still cannot come to any conclusion untill they had a Modern Astronomical Telescope ..”

The Greeks had worked out , not only that Earth had a sphere like shape but Erateosthenes has detemriend the cirucmference of the Earth by looking at shadows. He got the answer pretty much correct to todays measreuments:
                                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eratost..._circumference
                                Its evident you know nothing about the history of science, so Again I will repeat the point. The Qur’an shows evidence of repeating the error of ancient people that there are seven heavens.

Comment

Working...
                                X