What I respect about Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Friend of God View Post

Your Lord who you call 'God the Father' to whom you will soon return to, who is not Jesus the son of Mary upon him blessings and peace (Isa ibn Maryam Alayhis Salatu Was-Salam), said in the final testament, the Qur'an:

Recall when the angels said, “O Mary, Allah indeed gives you glad tidings of a Word from Him. His name is the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, well-esteemed in the Earlier (Life)and the Hereafter, and one of those brought near.

And he will speak to people in the cradle and in adulthood and will be one of the righteous.”

She said, “My Lord, how can I have a child when no human being has touched me?” He said, “So shall it be! Allah creates whatever He wills. Whenever He decrees a matter, He only says to it, ‘Be,’ and so it is.

And He will teach him scribing and wisdom and the Torah and the Gospel.

And (He will appoint him as) a messenger to the Children of Israel (to proclaim): ‘I have come to youpl with a sign from your Lord: that I create for you out of clay the shape of a bird, then I breathe into it so it becomes a bird by Allah’s leave; and I heal the born-blind and the leper; and I revive the dead by Allah’s leave; and I inform you concerning what you eat and what you store in your houses. Indeed, in that is a sign for you, if you are believers.

And I am to confirm what preceded me of the Torah and to make lawful to youpl some of what was prohibited for you. And I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, so be mindful of Allah and obey me.

Indeed, Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is a straight path.’”

So when Jesus sensed denial on their part, he said, “Who are my supporters towards Allah?” The disciples said, “We are Allah’s supporters; we have attained faith in Allah, so bear witness that we are indeed Muslims.

Our Lord, we have attained faith in what You have sent down and we have followed the Messenger, so inscribe us among those who bear witness.”

And they schemed and Allah schemed, but Allah is the best of schemers.

As Allah said, “O Jesus, I am taking you back and raising you to Me and cleansing you of those who denied, and I am making those who follow you superior to those who denied until the Day of Resurrection. Then to Me is yourpl return, then I will judge between you regarding whatever you used to differ over.

So as for those who have denied—I will punish them with a severe punishment in the Earlier (Life) and the Hereafter, and for them there are no helpers.

And as for those who have attained faith and have done righteous deeds—He will render to them their rewards in full, for Allah does not love the unjust.”

This is what We read to yousg of the signs1and the Wise Reminder.

Indeed, the likeness of Jesus with Allaha is as the likeness of Adam: He created him from dust, then said to him, “Be,” and so he is.

The truth is from yoursg Lord, so do not be of those who doubt.

And if anyone debates with yousg about him after what has come to you of knowledge, then say, “Come, let us call our sons and your sons, and our women and your women, and ourselves and yourselves, and let us supplicate to make Allah’s curse befall the liars.”

But if they turn away—Allah is indeed All-Knowing of the corrupters.

Say, “O People of the Scripture, come to a common word between us and you: that we worship none but Allah, and that we associate nothing with Him, and that we do not take one another as lords apart from Allah.” And if they turn away, then saypl , “Bear witness that we are Muslims.”

O People of the Scripture, why do you debate about Abraham, when the Torah and the Gospel were not sent down except after him? Do you not reason?

Here youpl are—you have debated about things you have knowledge about, so why do you debate about things you have no knowledge about? For Allah knows and you know not.

Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Christian; rather, he was a Muslim who turned away from all that is false, and never was he of the polytheists.

Surely, those of mankind who are most deserving of Abraham (as an ally)are those who followed him, and this prophet, and those who have attained faith. And Allah is the Ally of the believers.

A faction of the People of the Scripture would love to lead youpl astray, but they lead none astray except themselves, but they are unaware.

O People of the Scripture, why do you deny the signs of Allah, though you witness?

O People of the Scripture, why do you confound the truth with falsehood and conceal the truth, though you know?

And a faction of the People of the Scripture said, “Believepl in what was sent down to those who attained faith at the beginning of the day, then deny (it) at its end, that perhaps they may return.

But trust none except whoever has followed yourpl religion.” Saysg “Indeed, (true) guidance is (only) Allah’s guidance—that anyone can be brought the like of what youpl were brought, or they may debate with you before your Lord.” Say, “All grace is in Allah’s hand; He gives it to whomever He wills.” For Allah is All-Embracing, All-Knowing.

He specifies His mercy for whomever He wills, for Allah is the Possessor of great grace.

And of the People of the Scripture is one who, if yousg entrust him with a heap (of gold), will pay it back to you. And of them is one who, if you entrust him with a (single) dinar, will not pay it back to you unless you are constantly standing over him. That is because they have said, “We are under no obligation towards the gentiles1.” And they tell lies against Allah, though they know.

Yes1, whoever fulfills his covenant and is mindful (of God)—then indeed, Allah loves mindful people.

Indeed, those who purchase, in exchange for Allah’s covenant and their oaths, a small price, those—there is no share for them in the Hereafter, nor will Allah speak to them, nor will He look at them on the Day of Resurrection, nor will He purify them, and for them is a painful punishment.

And indeed, of them is a group who twist their tongues with the Scripture, that youpl may think it from the Scripture while it is not from the Scripture. And they say, “It is from Allah,” while it is not from Allah. And they tell lies against Allah, though they know.

No person to whom Allah has given the Scripture and wise judgment and prophethood would ever say to mankind, “Be my servants apart from Allah.” Rather, “Be godly on account of the Scripture which youpl used to teachand on account of what you used to learn.”

Nor would he command you to take the angels and the prophets as lords. Would he command you to denial after you became Muslims?

And recall when Allah took the pledge of the (followers of the) prophets, “In as much as I have given youpl of scripture and wisdom, should a messenger come to you confirming what you have, you shall certainly believe in him and you shall certainly support him.” He said, “Have you consented and taken up that heavy load towards Me upon yourselves?” They said, “We have consented.” He said, “Then bear witness, and I am with you among the witnesses.”

So whoever turns away after that—those are the defiantly disobedient.

Do theyseek other than the religion of Allah, when to Him has submitted whoever is in the heavens and the earth, willingly and reluctantly, and to Him they will be returned?

Saysg , “We have attained faith in Allah, and in what was sent down upon us, and in what was sent down upon Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the Grandsons, and in what was brought to Moses and Jesus and the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we are Muslims.”

And whoever seeks other than Islam as a religion—it will not be accepted from him, and in the Hereafter he is one of the losers.

How will Allah guide a people who denied after their attainment of faith and (after) having witnessed that the Messenger is true and (after) evident explanations had come to them, when Allah does not guide the unjust people?

Those—their repayment is that upon them falls the curse of Allah and of the angels and of all mankind,

abiding therein; never will the punishment be lightened for them, nor are they given respite—

except those who repented afterwards and reformed, for Allah is indeed Oft-Forgiving, Bestowing of mercy.

Indeed, those who denied after their belief then increased in denial—their repentance will not be accepted, for those are the ones who have gone astray.

Indeed, those who denied and died as deniers—not even as much as the earth full of gold would be accepted from any of them, were he to offer it for ransom. Those—for them is a painful punishment, and for them there are no helpers.

Youpl will not attain virtue until you spend of what you love, for whatever you spend of anything, Allah is indeed All-Knowing of it.

All food was permissible to the Children of Israel except what Israel forbade for himself before the Torah was bestowed from on high. Saysg , “Bring the Torah and read it, if youpl are truthful.”

Then whoever fabricates lies about Allah after that—then those are the unjust.

Saysg , “Allah has spoken the truth. So followpl the creed of Abraham who turned away from all that is false—and never was he one of the polytheists.”

(Fadil Solimani's interpretation of al-Qur'an, Surah Ali 'Imran, verses 45-95)
    Sadaq Allah.
    (God has spoken the truth).
    Last edited by Muhammad Hasan; 2 weeks ago. Reason: Perfection is for Allah alone.

Comment

Originally posted by almuwahhid23 View Post
      Muslims believe in all the scriptures of God, however we believe the Qur'an is last and final message of God. We believe there is some truth in the Bible, but most of it has been corrupted.
      The Basic message of Islam is that there is only one God with no partners in His dominion, He sent prophets to invite People to worship Him alone.

[Jesus] said, "Indeed, I am the servant of Allah. He has given me the Scripture and made me a prophet. 19:30 Qur'an
      Hi I really appreciate your helpful responses. I do not feel that this is the place to discuss the corruption of the Bible. Other threads on this site have done that to great length. As I said, from my serious study I am convinced that the Bible has not been corrupted and from my reading of the Qur'an I don't think that is what it says either.

I would like to comment though on your statement that the prophets invite people to worship God alone. One of the things I respect about Muslim people (OP) is their desire to worship God and give him pre-eminence in their lives. This is such an important thing and something I as a Christian should try to do too.
      I would like to suggest that the message of the prophets was much more than a call to worship God alone. It was an explanation of how God was opening a path for people separated from him by their shameful deeds to regain a close relationship with him. Jesus the Messiah came to open that path
      as a fulfilment of previous prophetic teaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Muhammad Hasan View Post

Your Lord who you call 'God the Father' to whom you will soon return to, who is not Jesus the son of Mary upon him blessings and peace (Isa ibn Maryam Alayhis Salatu Was-Salam), said in the final testament, the Qur'an:

Sadaq Allah.
        (God has spoken the truth).
        Thank you for posting these verses from the Qur'an. I read them with interest and found the comments made about Jesus the Messiah interesting. He is honoured by these verses.
        I was also interested by the comments made about "People of the Scripture" I assume these are Christians, but they could be Jews too I suppose.
        It would seem that at the time of the writing of these words some of these people were good examples of people who follow God and some wern't. I think this is the case today with followers of the different faiths. Some people are good examples of godly people and some, though they call themselves religious, don't live as God intends.

May we be among those who reflect God's goodness in our lives.

Comment

Hi I really appreciate your helpful responses. I do not feel that this is the place to discuss the corruption of the Bible. Other threads on this site have done that to great length. As I said, from my serious study I am convinced that the Bible has not been corrupted and from my reading of the Qur'an I don't think that is what it says either.

I would like to comment though on your statement that the prophets invite people to worship God alone. One of the things I respect about Muslim people (OP) is their desire to worship God and give him pre-eminence in their lives. This is such an important thing and something I as a Christian should try to do too.
          I would like to suggest that the message of the prophets was much more than a call to worship God alone. It was an explanation of how God was opening a path for people separated from him by their shameful deeds to regain a close relationship with him. Jesus the Messiah came to open that path
          as a fulfilment of previous prophetic teaching.
          That is the purpose of our existance, to worship God alone and not ascribe partners to him. In order for you to understand that you must study the book of Tawheed.
          Every religious person will make a claim that he also believes in the oneness of God and call himself a monotheist, yet every other religion invites people to shirk.
          You say God is one, yet you believe in trinity. That means you don't worship God alone.

And We certainly sent into every nation a messenger, [saying], "Worship Allah and avoid Taghut." And among them were those whom Allah guided, and among them were those upon whom error was [deservedly] decreed. So proceed through the earth and observe how was the end of the deniers. 16:36

​​​​​

​​​​If you make a research and if you are sincere than I am sure Allah will guide you to the true religion.

​​​​​​Don't get me wrong and think I wish you evil.
          I wish the best for everyone.

​​​​

Comment

almuwahhid23 Thank you for kind and helpful answer. I wish the best for you too.

Comment

almuwahhid23 Thank you for kind and helpful answer. I wish the best for you too.
              No problem.

I wish you learn more about this beautiful religion, and don't let haters and racists brainwash you by saying to you that Islam inspires murder. I will share with you some verses from the Qur'an and saying of the prophet Muhammad pbuh.

'A'isha, verily Allah is kind and He loves kindness and confers upon kindness which he does not confer upon severity and does not confer upon anything else besides it (kindness). Sahih Muslim 2593

God does not forbid you from being kind and acting justly towards those who did not fight over faith with you, nor expelled you from your homes. God indeed loves those who are just. 60:8
              ​​​​​

And do not kill your children in apprehension of want; We provide for them and for you (too); surely the killing of them has been a great sinning. 17:31

Let them pardon and forgive. Do you not love that Allah should forgive you? And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. ~ Quran 24:22

Comment

I think everyone should respect the convictions and beliefs of others. Everyone is free to believe in what they want. The most important is the purity of hearts and the intentions of human beings. It is also necessary to avoid linking an incident to a religion: If a Muslim commits a crime it does not mean that all Muslims are like that. And it's the same for all other religions.
                SHAREit MX Player
                Last edited by sepihof; 1 week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by sepihof View Post
                  I think everyone should respect the convictions and beliefs of others. Everyone is free to believe in what they want. The most important is the purity of hearts and the intentions of human beings. It is also necessary to avoid linking an incident to a religion: If a Muslim commits a crime it does not mean that all Muslims are like that. And it's the same for all other religions.
                  SHAREit MX Player
                  Nowadays many people who commit crimes or they commit shirk by believing in democracy will call themselves Muslim. But Allah tells us in the Qur'an that most of people believe not in Him even though they call themselves Muslim.

And most of them believe not in Allah except while they associate others with Him. 12:106

And if you obey most of those upon the earth, they will mislead you from the way of Allah. They follow not except assumption, and they are not but falsifying. 6:116

Allah talks about hypocrites in the Qur'an

And there are some who say, “We believe in Allah and the Last Day,” yet they are not believers.
                  They seek to deceive Allah and the believers, yet they only deceive themselves, but they fail to perceive it. 2:8-9

Comment

Nowadays many people who commit crimes or they commit shirk by believing in democracy will call themselves Muslim. But Allah tells us in the Qur'an that most of people believe not in Him even though they call themselves Muslim.

And most of them believe not in Allah except while they associate others with Him. 12:106

And if you obey most of those upon the earth, they will mislead you from the way of Allah. They follow not except assumption, and they are not but falsifying. 6:116

And there are some who say, “We believe in Allah and the Last Day,” yet they are not believers.
                    They seek to deceive Allah and the believers, yet they only deceive themselves, but they fail to perceive it. 2:8-9
                    I like how you use a verse that was revealed for the mushrikeen against the muslims who say the shahadah.

Your explanation of the verse is completely wrong, read the tafseer.

Comment

The warnings in our faiths about being hypocritical are so powerful. There are so many who do the 'right' actions but their hearts are far from God. It seems to be a problem throughout the ages.
                      So the question we need to ask ourselves is "How can I be sure that my heart is right with God?" When our hearts are right with God then the things we do will come from a good heart and reflect that goodness. Whereas the actions of a Hypocrite are superemposed from the outside on to a dirty and shameful inside.
                      Jesus the Messiah is reported to have said (Matthew chapter 23)
                      27 ‘Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. 28 In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

We need clean hearts to do clean deeds.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHaqq View Post

I like how you use a verse that was revealed for the mushrikeen against the muslims who say the shahadah.

Your explanation of the verse is completely wrong, read the tafseer.
                        Yet the prophet SAW made takfeer on people who do not pay zakah even though they prayed and waged jihad against them, than what about those who vote for democracy?!
                        Last edited by abdurrahman; 3 hours ago.

Comment

The warnings in our faiths about being hypocritical are so powerful. There are so many who do the 'right' actions but their hearts are far from God. It seems to be a problem throughout the ages.
                          So the question we need to ask ourselves is "How can I be sure that my heart is right with God?" When our hearts are right with God then the things we do will come from a good heart and reflect that goodness. Whereas the actions of a Hypocrite are superemposed from the outside on to a dirty and shameful inside.
                          Jesus the Messiah is reported to have said (Matthew chapter 23)
                          27 ‘Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. 28 In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.
                          We need clean hearts to do clean deeds.
                          Did u know that u Christians believe in the same God as Muslims, but the only difference is that you say that God has begotten a son. Did u know that we muslims love and respect Jesus (Eesa a.s) because he is one of the prophets of God?

They say: "(Allah) hath begotten a son" :Glory be to Him.-Nay, to Him belongs all that is in the heavens and on earth: everything renders worship to Him. - 2:116

It is fitrah of all humans to believe in the oneness of God, but than their parents make them pagans by believing in trinity or worshipping idols...etc
                          Last edited by abdurrahman; 2 hours ago.

Comment

Working...
                          X