What I respect about Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hamza1416 View Post

they dont worship the priest they only prostrate to him same way there is only one god in christianity the son the father and the holy spirit if you cant help but contradict yourself when explaining your religion then there is definitely something wrong with it

my point here isnt to disrespect you or make fun of you i just want to make you look for the true god if you are sincere and looking for the truth he wil guide you but you need to make an effort and look for him. however if you just blindly follow your religion just because you inherited especialy if there was no research and pondering involved then the truth for you is irrelevant

my advice to you if you truly care about god and seeking hes guidance you should first ask it from him not from jesus nor the holy spirit only god then give the quran a read since you have read the bible that shortens your homework once you have read it completley it will be clear to you wich book is from god and wich one isnt
    In defense of Christians, Orthodox Christians and Catholics not only prostrate to the Pope, they also prostate to one another. This is a common practice amongst the monks, it is done to teach humility. Remember sujud (prostration) was permissible prior to Prophet Muhammad, sallahu alayhi wa salam, forbidding it. Sujud, doesn't necessarily imply worship, sujud is simply an action, while worship requires intent.

But I agree with you, Jesus is NOT God. And perhaps this practice of prostration is what lead to Christians believing in the possibility of the Trinity.

And Allah knows best.
    Last edited by aMuslimForLife; 19-10-20, 02:37 PM.
    My Blog ---> Reflections of the Traveler http://baraka.wordpress.com

Comment

..since you have read the bible that shortens your homework once you have read it completley it will be clear to you wich book is from god and wich one isnt
      That's too simplistic. If somebody has believed in God [Allah] for many years, they won't necessarily jump to another faith system without a lot of thought. Just as Islam becomes ingrained in a Muslim, so does Christianity become engrained in a Christian.

I found it very difficult when I became a Muslim. I had to abandon my former social life and embrace a new social circle,
      which by and large didn't speak my native tongue .. English.
      Things have changed a bit since then as a lot more Muslims speak English these days,
      but they still carry a different ethnic background and culture.

Almighty God guides whomsoever He wills.
      He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms (Zaboor of Dawood)

Comment

Originally posted by isa_muhammad View Post

That's too simplistic. If somebody has believed in God [Allah] for many years, they won't necessarily jump to another faith system without a lot of thought. Just as Islam becomes ingrained in a Muslim, so does Christianity become engrained in a Christian.

I found it very difficult when I became a Muslim. I had to abandon my former social life and embrace a new social circle,
        which by and large didn't speak my native tongue .. English.
        Things have changed a bit since then as a lot more Muslims speak English these days,
        but they still carry a different ethnic background and culture.

Almighty God guides whomsoever He wills.
        and if you read hes book seeking hes guidance sincerely you will get it

Comment

Originally posted by aMuslimForLife View Post

In defense of Christians, Orthodox Christians and Catholics not only prostrate to the Pope, they also prostate to one another. This is a common practice amongst the monks, it is done to teach humility. Remember sujud (prostration) was permissible prior to Prophet Muhammad, sallahu alayhi wa salam, forbidding it. Sujud, doesn't necessarily imply worship, sujud is simply an action, while worship requires intent.

But I agree with you, Jesus is NOT God. And perhaps this practice of prostration is what lead to Christians believing in the possibility of the Trinity.

And Allah knows best.
          the prostration done to adam by the angel was by the orders of allah subhanahu wa talaa and the prostration done to yousef by hes familly and brothers was to fullfill hes dream those are special cases and that dosent mean prostration to others than allah was ever permissible

Comment

the prostration done to adam by the angel was by the orders of allah subhanahu wa talaa and the prostration done to yousef by hes familly and brothers was to fullfill hes dream those are special cases and that dosent mean prostration to others than allah was ever permissible
            If that is what you believe... I am not going to try and convince you otherwise... Just know this is where you and I disagree... And Allah knows best.

Comment

.. the prostration done to yousef by hes familly and brothers was to fullfill hes dream those are special cases and that dosent mean prostration to others than allah was ever permissible
              I would agree with that. I doubt that Yousef's family prostrated to him on a regular basis .. it was probably an emotional response.
              He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms (Zaboor of Dawood)

Comment

If that is what you believe... I am not going to try and convince you otherwise... Just know this is where you and I disagree... And Allah knows best.
                what our beliefs are is completley irrelevant if they conflict with the quran and the sunnah now go read and study what islam say about prostrating to others than allah

Comment

Hi There - It is interesting that the idea of prostrating has raised such a lot of comment.
                  As a Christian, I have NEVER prostrated to anyone except God. Each morning and sometimes during the day I will prostrate before God or kneel in his presence. It is a reminder of his greatness and power and of my position before him as his creation.
                  The amazing thing is that I can also sit in rest knowing he is with me and with open hands and heart I recieve his love and filling.

Comment

what our beliefs are is completley irrelevant if they conflict with the quran and the sunnah now go read and study what islam say about prostrating to others than allah
                    yep, I don’t care what you believe...

There is a different between that which is spoken and that which is understood.

The Messenger of Allah sallahu alayhi wa salam said,
                    Whosoever Allah wishes good for, Hebestows upon him understanding of the Deen.” [Bukhari and Muslim).

Comment

yep, I don’t care what you believe...

There is a different between that which is spoken and that which is understood.

The Messenger of Allah sallahu alayhi wa salam said,
                      Whosoever Allah wishes good for, Hebestows upon him understanding of the Deen.” [Bukhari and Muslim).

go read and study what islam say about prostrating to others than allah

Comment

go read and study what islam say about prostrating to others than allah
                        What books do you recommend?

Comment

What books do you recommend?
                          the most important book you need to read and understand is the quran
                          you can read it here along with 5 tafaseers https://quran.ksu.edu.sa/tafseer/kat...ura1-aya1.html
                          if you like you can also listen to ibn otaymin may allah have mercy on hes soul quran tafseer lessons
                          https://binothaimeen.net/content/Men...since?tid=1027 you wont find the entire 114 sura here but those lessons wil lstill benefit you inshaeallah
                          next is the sunnah of the prophet peace be upon him
                          sahih bukhari lessons
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4A2...2vO8EZesda6uCR
                          sahih muslim lessons
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pxb...7ouTKuQlOvS59E

Comment

Originally posted by Friend of God View Post
                            Hi There - It is interesting that the idea of prostrating has raised such a lot of comment.
                            As a Christian, I have NEVER prostrated to anyone except God. Each morning and sometimes during the day I will prostrate before God or kneel in his presence. It is a reminder of his greatness and power and of my position before him as his creation.
                            The amazing thing is that I can also sit in rest knowing he is with me and with open hands and heart I recieve his love and filling.
                            Yes, I'm surprised this is an issue. The only person we worship is God.

Comment

Christians believe Jesus is 100% man and 100% God, something Jesus never taught.
                              <snip>
                              Jesus never said he was God (El).
                              Thanks for the reply.

When did Jesus repent?

By the time Nicea came along, the question of whether Jesus was God was long decided. Nicea was an attempt to define what that meant. Personally, although I don't think Nicea was necessarily wrong, I do think it is unhelpfully complex and unclear.

Now your explanation about Elohim is intelligent and ingenious, but the first disciples (inc Paul, Peter, James) were Jews and would not have made that mistake; the realisation that Jesus was God was completed within their lifetimes. Jesus must have sent them in that direction, or they would never have gone there.

Judaism- which no-one would ever suggest isn't pure monotheism- has this list of ways in which God communicates directly to humanity by appearing to them. The Pillar of Cloud and Fire, the Presence in the Temple, the Torah. The Burning Bush etc. Jesus would have been seen as another entry on this list of appearances to humanity.

Jesus did the things that God had said He would do- sort out the problem of death, return to Jerusalem, rescue humanity, begin the Kingdom of God. These were jobs reserved for God alone. Jesus did them.

That was most likely how the disciples finally concluded that Jesus was the Presence of God, like those other 100% monotheistic appearances before.

Comment

the most important book you need to read and understand is the quran
                                you can read it here along with 5 tafaseers https://quran.ksu.edu.sa/tafseer/kat...ura1-aya1.html
                                if you like you can also listen to ibn otaymin may allah have mercy on hes soul quran tafseer lessons
                                https://binothaimeen.net/content/Men...since?tid=1027 you wont find the entire 114 sura here but those lessons wil lstill benefit you inshaeallah
                                next is the sunnah of the prophet peace be upon him
                                sahih bukhari lessons
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4A2...2vO8EZesda6uCR
                                sahih muslim lessons
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pxb...7ouTKuQlOvS59E
                                One day Insha'Allah you will be woken from what you suffer from. Until that day when Allah so wills, none of us can help you.
                                Amir ul-Muminin Sayyiduna Ali KarramAllahu Wajhah said,
                                "Mahma tasawwarta bi-balik, fallahu bi-khilaf dhalik,"
                                Whatever comes into your mind, Allah is other than that,

Al-Aqeedah Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal (Riwayah Abu Bakr al-Khallal),
                                1/116

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X