What I respect about Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I respect about Islam

Reading the posts under this title I am struck by how negative many of them are about what Christians believe and practice.
    When I look at Islam, as a Christian, I respect the emphasis put on prayer, the reverence Muslims show to their sacred book the Qur'an, and their desire to honour God/Allah in all they say and believe about him.
    Is there anything that you respect about Christianity?

Nope.

Comment

The injeel (Gospel) before it was corrupted.
      Last edited by Bolt; 06-10-20, 10:09 PM.
      "When you want to cry, laugh.
      If you're frozen in fear, you can't do anything"

Comment

salam alaykum
        if you know christianity and have read the bible you will not be able to respect it and here is why
        you cannot repect a book that claims to be holy and disrespect god and hes prophets
        you cannot respect a book that claims to be holy and accuse god of ordering you to commit warcrimes
        you cannot respect a book that claims to be holy and contain pronographic texts
        you cannot respect a religion that claims to be monotheist yet beleives in 3 gods
        you cannot respect christianity if you study the history of warcrimes that was caused in the name of it and the main issue here is not a bad practice by christians but rather they did exacly what texts in the bible told them to do
        you cannot respect christianity because it turns priest into gods where people prostrate to them and you cannot ask forgivness from god except throught them
        if you have any doubts about what i have told you go give the bible a read from cover to cover and see for yourself
        if you are sincere in looking for god and hes true religion then read the bible then read the quran and compare between them see wich one glorify god and tell the true stories of hes prophets and wich one disrespect god and hes prophets
        https://quran.ksu.edu.sa/index.php?l...sy&trans=en_sh

Comment

I suggest reading the verses about Christians in the Koran. It reserves much respect for the truthful who worship Allah with sincerity, even calling them believers. Yet Muhammad is the last Messenger of Allah who completed the revelation, verifying that which was revealed to Jesus. Thus, everyone must believe in this noble messenger, whose prophecy has been attested to by sound reports, mass conversion and evident victory over tyrants, besides the miracle of the Koran which is abundant in guidance, having left the Arabs powerless to rival it with their poetry.
          قل آمنت بالله ثم استقم

Comment

Yes! Christians love God (the father).
            There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend of God View Post
              Reading the posts under this title I am struck by how negative many of them are about what Christians believe and practice.
              When I look at Islam, as a Christian, I respect the emphasis put on prayer, the reverence Muslims show to their sacred book the Qur'an, and their desire to honour God/Allah in all they say and believe about him.
              Is there anything that you respect about Christianity?
              I am mostly versed in Orthodox Christianity. The thing I respect most about Orthodox Christianity is their strong emphasizes on spirituality, having that strong connection with God. And I am not talking about that superficial connection, where one prays and simply believes in that connection. I am talking about having a real connection, this union with God. This to me is the essence of Jesus' teachings, from what I can gather from the Gospel. Islam speaks of this union in the following hadith of the Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him,

God Most High says: "He who is hostile to a friend of Mine I declare war against. My servant approaches Me with nothing more beloved to Me than what I have made obligatory upon him, and My servant keeps drawing nearer to Me with voluntary works until I love him. And when I love him, I am his hearing with which he hears, his sight with which he sees, his hand with which he seizes, and his foot with which he walks. If he asks me, I will surely give to him, and if he seeks refuge in Me, I will surely protect him" (Bukhari)

I respect that Orthodox Christians have a respect for such people (ie the people of God) who have this connection within their tradition.

My Blog ---> Reflections of the Traveler http://baraka.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hamza1416 View Post
                salam alaykum
                if you know christianity and have read the bible you will not be able to respect it and here is why...
                you cannot respect a religion that claims to be monotheist yet beleives in 3 gods...
                you cannot respect christianity because it turns priest into gods where people prostrate to them and you cannot ask forgivness from god except throught them...
                if you have any doubts about what i have told you go give the bible a read from cover to cover and see for yourself
                Hi there.

I'm afraid I find myself unable to agree with what you say here. Those two parts jump out as being especially in need of challenge.

Christians believe in One God. Paul is very, very clear on that point (e.g. Romans 3:30).

We do not prostrate ourselves before priests (I think they would be in a state of shock if we did!), and we do not need to ask them for forgiveness of sins, but ask God directly. If you're thinking of confession to a priest, that is not necessary for forgiveness.

I hope this is helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex S View Post

Hi there.

I'm afraid I find myself unable to agree with what you say here. Those two parts jump out as being especially in need of challenge.

Christians believe in One God. Paul is very, very clear on that point (e.g. Romans 3:30).

We do not prostrate ourselves before priests (I think they would be in a state of shock if we did!), and we do not need to ask them for forgiveness of sins, but ask God directly. If you're thinking of confession to a priest, that is not necessary for forgiveness.

I hope this is helpful.
                  prostrate 4.jpg
                  prostrate1.jpg
                  https://www.facebook.com/Ahmed.Spea....67579749956671
                  check this video out and if you dont understand arabic skip to 0:45
                  christians allways contradicts themselves when they say we only worship one god then they continue to say the father the son and the holy spirit

have you read the bible from cover to cover ? if you didnt then i advice you to do so then read the quan you can find it here with english translation
                  then see for yourself wich book glorify god and tell the true stroy of hes prophets and wich book disrespect god and hes prophets there is no direct and straighforward way to reach the truth more effective than doing so

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                    Nope.
                    Abu
                    Thank you for your honesty.
                    May God bless you as you live for him

Comment

Originally posted by Bolt View Post
                      The injeel (Gospel) before it was corrupted.
                      Yes you are right the life and teaching of Jesus the messiah is definately something to respect.

Comment

Originally posted by aMuslimForLife View Post

I am mostly versed in Orthodox Christianity. The thing I respect most about Orthodox Christianity is their strong emphasizes on spirituality, having that strong connection with God. And I am not talking about that superficial connection,
                        I too find the spirituality of some Christians very challenging. The hadith you quoted also talks about an intimate closeness whith God so it would seem that that intimate relationship with God is open for Muslims too.
                        I pray that we may be drawn ever closer into this relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamza1416 View Post
                          check this video out and if you dont understand arabic skip to 0:45
                          christians allways contradicts themselves when they say we only worship one god then they continue to say the father the son and the holy spirit

have you read the bible from cover to cover ? if you didnt then i advice you to do so then read the quan you can find it here with english translation
                          then see for yourself wich book glorify god and tell the true stroy of hes prophets and wich book disrespect god and hes prophets there is no direct and straighforward way to reach the truth more effective than doing so
                          Thanks for the reply.

Acts 10 and Acts 14 are crystal clear. Humans are not to be worshipped. Only God. The people shown in your pictures are worshipping God with the priest standing in front of them not being worshipped.

There is only one God for Christians. Paul makes that crystal clear in many places (such as Galatians 3:20). God is mighty beyond our understanding, and is able to appear to us in many ways. For the Old Testament Jews, God appeared to humans as the Pillar of Cloud and Fire, as the Presence in the Tabernacle, and in the Burning Bush.

Jesus continues that line of God appearing to humanity, in the same way. One God. He is able to appear to us.

I have read a couple of translations of the full Quran, and I am very familiar with the Bible. Both books are very respectful, however I remain a firm Christian.

I hope this is helpful.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Acts 10 and Acts 14 are crystal clear. Humans are not to be worshipped. Only God. The people shown in your pictures are worshipping God with the priest standing in front of them not being worshipped.

There is only one God for Christians. Paul makes that crystal clear in many places (such as Galatians 3:20). God is mighty beyond our understanding, and is able to appear to us in many ways. For the Old Testament Jews, God appeared to humans as the Pillar of Cloud and Fire, as the Presence in the Tabernacle, and in the Burning Bush.

Jesus continues that line of God appearing to humanity, in the same way. One God. He is able to appear to us.

I have read a couple of translations of the full Quran, and I am very familiar with the Bible. Both books are very respectful, however I remain a firm Christian.

I hope this is helpful.
                            Christians believe Jesus is 100% man and 100% God, something Jesus never taught.

Even when Jesus said, him and God (El) were one, he said it in a context, not limiting to he himself, but to all those around him. El is one of the Hebrew names of God, used in the verse, “God (El) is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. (Number 23:19.)

Matthew 10:30-39

30 I and my Father are one.” (. My comments: This is no different then when our Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him,

God Most High says: "He who is hostile to a friend of Mine I declare war against. My servant approaches Me with nothing more beloved to Me than what I have made obligatory upon him, and My servant keeps drawing nearer to Me with voluntary works until I love him. And when I love him, I am his hearing with which he hears, his sight with which he sees, his hand with which he seizes, and his foot with which he walks. If he asks me, I will surely give to him, and if he seeks refuge in Me, I will surely protect him" (Bukhari)

It doesn't mean we become God, I seek God's forgiveness for uttering such, in the literal sense.)

31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from my Father. For which of those works do you stone me?

33 The Jews answered him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.” (My comments: Here the Jews are referring to Number 23:19. “God (El) is not a man, that he should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. It is pretty clear that God (El) is not a man, because men are imperfect and lie. Nor the son of man (ie a perfect man - someone one with God), for even they repent. - Jesus repented, therefore cannot be God (El).

34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your law, ‘I said, “You are gods (Elohim)” ’? (Here he is referring to Pslam 82:6, he is telling them, that they are the same thing as him. That they have the same potential to be connected to God, to be one with God and become one of the Elohim. That was the whole point of his mission here on Earth. Jesus NEVER said He was the creator of the heavens and the Earth. Jesus NEVER said he was El (God). Jesus NEVER said he was El Yahweh (sometimes translated as Lord, it appears in the Old Testament as Yahweh Elohim, which gets translated as Lord God). Jesus called himself Elohim, which God, angels and human beings CAN be referred to in the Old Testament.) 35 If He called them gods (Elohim), to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), 36 do you say of him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God (El) ’? 37 If I do not do the works of my Father, do not believe me; 38 but if I do, though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in me, and I in Him.” 39 Therefore they sought again to seize him, but he escaped out of their hand.

The confusion of the Church rests in the hands of Jesus' gentile disciples. They didn't understand the terminology, and so when Jesus said he was Elohim (god), his gentile disciples misunderstood him, not knowing Hebrew nor the context of the Old Testament, it makes sense that they will become confused by these statements of Jesus. Jesus was only here for 3 and half years, which isn't alot of time. Therefore in the council of Nicea, when they decided on the creed, they didn't want to dismiss the gentile disciples who believed Jesus was God literally. But at the same time they didn't want to dismiss his Jewish disciples who believe Jesus was a man only. So they decreed that Jesus was 100% man and 100% God. From a Sunni Muslim perspective, I sympathies with the council of Nicea in not wanting to belittle the disciples of Jesus, because we Muslims believe the companions of the Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessing be upon him, are upright and only speak the truth. But we have a completely different context, the companions for the most part at least the ones who transmitted hadith all spoke Arabic. My problem with the council of Nicea, is that there isn't any direct quote from any of the disciples of Jesus saying Jesus was God either. It was more of the students of the disciples and their students saying Jesus was God, the council simply inferred that they had to learn it from the disciples, which is problematic for me, perhaps they misunderstood the disciples...

I personally believe when the Quran was revealed, it left out alot of this confusing terminology of the Jews, such as Elohim, which in the Old Testament could be used for both God himself, and human beings who were close to God. In the Quran human beings close to God are referred to as awilyatullah (The Friends of God), so as to remove this confusion. The Quran is clear (mubeen).

Jesus never said he was God (El).
                            Last edited by aMuslimForLife; 20-10-20, 10:46 AM.
                            My Blog ---> Reflections of the Traveler http://baraka.wordpress.com

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I hope this is helpful.
                              they dont worship the priest they only prostrate to him same way there is only one god in christianity the son the father and the holy spirit if you cant help but contradict yourself when explaining your religion then there is definitely something wrong with it

my point here isnt to disrespect you or make fun of you i just want to make you look for the true god if you are sincere and looking for the truth he wil guide you but you need to make an effort and look for him. however if you just blindly follow your religion just because you inherited especialy if there was no research and pondering involved then the truth for you is irrelevant

my advice to you if you truly care about god and seeking hes guidance you should first ask it from him not from jesus nor the holy spirit only god then give the quran a read since you have read the bible that shortens your homework once you have read it completley it will be clear to you wich book is from god and wich one isnt

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X