Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My arguments on Islam as the final call - verse reflections

Peace to All (Salaam),

So today I was watching a YouTube lecture by Nouman Ali Khan. I then decided to take notes for what I learnt from it, and through that start a study journal for my Islamic learning.

So, in the second part of the lecture, I got lost in my own thoughts about a specific point he made about the shared experiences and struggles of previous Prophets with the Prophet Muhammad PBUH.

So now....I just wanted to share it with you guys some reflections that this section of the lecture inspired me to write.

My comment:

He (the Nabi Muhammad PBUH) called people to the straight path. Indeed, the Siratul Mustaqeem* for us is to obey him and Allah, while for the Rasool PBUH it is to call us to Allah and obey Him.

We are all the slaves of Allah and must submit to Him. Yet, still the Prophet PBUH and all Anbiya are raised by Allah above the descendants of Adam through their submission to Allah first.
    In this regard, they are the first of the believers.

Finally, the straight path is explained only by Allah - one must accept all of the Prophets and what has been established about the path in their books. Moreover, the Qur’an is a criterion (Muhaymin) over these previous scriptures, and as such confirms them.

Humans are thus continued on a path that is singular and from a one Lord. In this way, differences between religions and sects can be resolved from the foundations and structures of belief through *all* of the known Biblical (Old and New Testament) Prophets and their books. For instance, the discrepancies between the Christian and Jewish faiths in chronologies, accounts and creed delimits their paths.

Then, the straight path can be only undertaken with Islam; there is congruency in its moderation of and openness against the ambiguities of these two religions. This can be seen in its acceptance of Jesus - as the awaited Messiah of the Torah rejected by Jews but incorrectly deified among Christians.

Thus, the Qur’an, as a divine revelation and apparent from its qualities to non-Muslims, expounds the straight path but entrenches belief to the acceptance of Islam. Yet, in its call from the Final Messenger - Prophet Muhammad PBUH, the premise of Islam is the submission to the only Lord.

*The Siratul Mustaqeem just means Straight Path in Arabic

I had just felt that it was important to post this verse. Perhaps so we can reflect more on the connection between all Prophets and how they were truly on one path - the Islamic one

Quran Chapter 2 (Surah Al-Baqarah) verse 285:

The Messenger (Muhammad SAW) believes in what has been sent down to him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers. Each one believes in Allah, His Angels, His Books, and His Messengers. They say, "We make no distinction between one another of His Messengers" - and they say, "We hear, and we obey. (We seek) Your Forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the return (of all)."
    Last edited by LailaTheMuslim; 11-05-20, 10:01 PM.
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/
Working...
X