Those that don't have a religion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those that don't have a religion

Those that don't have a religion are either children, who mostly follow whatever their elders tell them, or they are people with severe mental health problems and lack the capacity to make informed decisions.

Anyone who claims to not believe in 'god' nor follow any 'religion' is either a liar or an imbecile... it's usually a bit of both.

I have always thought that they're just lying to themselves. I believe no matter how much one wants to deny it, everyone knows there is a Creator. It's just many people choose to ignore the thought of Allah in order to live life how they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
      Anyone who claims to not believe in 'god' nor follow any 'religion' is either a liar or an imbecile... it's usually a bit of both.
      Originally posted by Abisali View Post
      I have always thought that they're just lying to themselves.
      I'm an atheist and I've seen this attitude a lot from religious people.

That a person has to be lying or stupid in order to not believe in a being with no creator, no beginning or no end. A being who can perform magical and supernatural things. A being who breaks every and any law of physics and reality, laws we presume the same being created in the first place.

Not every atheist (or religious person) is stupid. Some are and most aren't.

Studies have found that, on average, people identifying as atheists tend to be more intelligent but that doesn't mean every atheist is more intelligent than every religious person. Atheists are vastly over represented amongst professions like scientists, doctors, engineers, inventors, etc.

I think posts like yours claiming atheists lie to themselves are more to comfort yourself and those who think like you than to share a truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Terkenal View Post

That a person has to be lying or stupid in order to not believe in a being with no creator, no beginning or no end. A being who can perform magical and supernatural things. A being who breaks every and any law of physics and reality, laws we presume the same being created in the first place.

Studies have found that, on average, people identifying as atheists tend to be more intelligent but that doesn't mean every atheist is more intelligent than every religious person. Atheists are vastly over represented amongst professions like scientists, doctors, engineers, inventors, etc.

I think posts like yours claiming atheists lie to themselves are more to comfort yourself and those who think like you than to share a truth.
        Allah has created everyone with a natural belief in Him. People either choose to follow it or ignore it, but in the end everyone knows, deep down inside, that He exists.

I agree that you can have intelligent atheists in the fields of academia, but when it comes to the subject of the Creator, they’re stupid or just dishonest.

Comment

Originally posted by Abisali View Post
          Allah has created everyone with a natural belief in Him. People either choose to follow it or ignore it, but in the end everyone knows, deep down inside, that He exists.
          That's part of your belief system. If what you said about being created with the knowledge of Allah was true then why out of around 8 billion people on the planet do only 1.8 billion believe in Islam? That's not even half of half of the world's population?

And even in that 1.8 billion number many are (like Shias, Ahmeddiya, etc) not even considered Muslim by the mainstream.

Comment

...I'm an atheist...
            Let's look at this.

When it comes to certain questions be they moral, legal, political, etc, who or what do you accept to be the 'highest' authority that you submit to? It could be different for each question.
            Last edited by Abu 'Abdullaah; 05-05-20, 03:50 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Let's look at this.

When it comes to certain questions be they moral, legal, political, etc, who or what do you accept to be the 'highest' authority that you submit to? It could be different for question.
              You are coming at this from a servile point of view where you have to submit to these things with blind faith from a single source and you are not able to question them or to leave them. There is no highest authority. Your question is based on your limited experience and understanding.

Comment

You are coming at this from a servile point of view where you have to submit to these things with blind faith from a single source and you are not able to question them or to leave them. There is no highest authority. Your question is based on your limited experience and understanding.
                If you don't believe in a higher authority than yourself then it means that you view yourself as that authority. In other words, you decide what is right or wrong, moral or immoral, lawful or unlawful, etc.

Comment

If you don't believe in a higher authority than yourself then it means that you view yourself as that authority. In other words, you decide what is right or wrong, moral or immoral, lawful or unlawful, etc.
                  How is that any different than anyone else? In 'theory' people believe in a higher power for their morality and laws but in reality very few adhere to laws/morality which isn't enforced by a ruling power.

I know Muslims who believe in Islam but don't accept stoning or cutting off a thief's hands as an acceptable punishment.

Millions of muslims fled Afghanistan as refugees when the Taleban tried to implement a version of Shariah, the same for ISIS.

You're speaking from a theoretical point of view, not a realistic one based in today's reality. Can you name a place where the Islamic Shariah is correctly implemented and Muslims are living under it happily? Where Muslims from other nations are risking their lives to go and live in that Shariah compliant nation or nations?

The reality is the opposite, Muslim risk their lives to live under non Muslim laws and rules. The majority don't do hijrah to Muslim lands.

Comment

I feel that most atheists are atheists because they don't like rules or anyone's "authority" over their lives. Or at least, this attitude is what sparks the interest into atheism.

Comment

Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post

I feel that most atheists are atheists because they don't like rules or anyone's "authority" over their lives. Or at least, this attitude is what sparks the interest into atheism.
                      I disagree. That makes no sense. Atheists still have to live under authority like everyone else.

People become atheists because no religion makes a convincing case for a God.

Comment

How is that any different than anyone else?...
                        Despite claiming to be an atheist, you worship (i.e. submit to) the biggest idol there is: your ego.

Comment

Despite claiming to be an atheist, you worship (i.e. submit to) the biggest idol there is: your ego.
                          Is that supposed to be a 'burn'. I thought you were having a discussion.

Comment

Is that supposed to be a 'burn'. I thought you were having a discussion.
                            It's a conclusion based on what you have said. If you are honest about not submitting to anyone or anything then you are a 'self-worshipper.'

Comment

I disagree. That makes no sense. Atheists still have to live under authority like everyone else.

People become atheists because no religion makes a convincing case for a God.
                              I don't see how that doesn't make sense. When you subscribe to a religion, you have to live according to the moral rules defined by it. With Atheism, you don't have any such "obligations". You can live with your own moral standards and this extra sense of "freedom" in living your life is what I believe is the main attraction towards atheism, especially among teenagers.

Comment

Working...
                              X