Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third Eye/Sufism/Kundalini Awakening/Islam/Chakras/Yoga/Namaz

Hello

I have recently been following the famous Sadhguru and I have started to think regarding the science of the unseen. People claim that they have awakened their third eye even though they are not muslims. Previously I used to think that only muslims have those powers because of the divinity of the religion they follow. Now I am extremely confused that why does Islam have no serious kind of meditation that allows the people to go beyond the physical? Is sufism based upon the spiritual awakening? Why do people who deny Allah have the same awakening or third eye openings?

Because Allah has fixed us here until death, the unseen is not really our realm, the earth is. AbuMubarak can you give us an answer to this as your opinions are more mature.
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

السلام عليكم يا ليلة
      بارك الله فيك

I am no expert on anything supernatural, however, i tend to specifically shy away from such topics, because I have seen no reason to pursue them. If there are "things out there" I have this fear you could get caught up on some thing that is beyond your control

I have hard enough time dealing with the stuff in front of me

However, to answer the Seeker of Knowledge's questions, I refer to the examples of the best of people, the prophets who never ventured beyond what Allah had ordained for them, except thru revelations. Hence the Prophet did not see Jibril, Ibrahim did not see angels, Lot did not see angels, UNTIL Allah ordained for them to. They did not go seeking beyond

When Musa asked Allah for more revelation, Allah invited him to see part of Allah on a mountain, Musa could not handle it

When Harut & Marut came to give people extra-info, they warned them that such info could harm them

So that has been my attitude about anything "unseen", jinns, angels, aliens, roots, evil eyes, dreams and interpretations, anything beyond my eyes

We were taught something before I was Muslim, it seems to apply since

"If you dont mess with the roots, the roots dont mess with you"
      .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
      نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
      دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by Seekerof knowledge View Post
        Hello

I have recently been following the famous Sadhguru and I have started to think regarding the science of the unseen. People claim that they have awakened their third eye even though they are not muslims. Previously I used to think that only muslims have those powers because of the divinity of the religion they follow. Now I am extremely confused that why does Islam have no serious kind of meditation that allows the people to go beyond the physical? Is sufism based upon the spiritual awakening? Why do people who deny Allah have the same awakening or third eye openings?
        Brother i have been doing additional research on the topic you asked for many years.

it would be nice talking to you.

Please PM me your skype.

i'm doing comperative studies of vedas and our literature for dawah purpose.
        قُلْنَا يَا نَارُ كُونِي بَرْدًا وَسَلَامًا عَلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ - 21:69

Comment

Here is a famous name.

http://workglobal.in/video-category/vedas-speak/
          قُلْنَا يَا نَارُ كُونِي بَرْدًا وَسَلَامًا عَلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ - 21:69

Comment

Wa laikum Us Salaam

I got your point that even the prophets who received the information of the unseen was only by the will of Allah & nothing else. I have discussed this many other people and they that Prophet (SAW) used to do Muraqabah at Jable Noor which is a kind of extreme meditative state. In sufism what I have researched so far is that people when they kind of whirl around chanting Allah's name, they say that they are not in this world and what they feel is beyond any description.

What I want to understand is that spirituality is only limited to Islam or is it universal as the world is moving towards spiritualism and discarding all of the religions except the muslims. Are all the self awakened gurus lying to the masses or is there even an iota of truth in that?

Do u know any books or any source that could help me because this is really disturbing me for a very long time and I have been trying to find answers.

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
              السلام عليكم يا ليلة
              بارك الله فيك

I am no expert on anything supernatural, however, i tend to specifically shy away from such topics, because I have seen no reason to pursue them. If there are "things out there" I have this fear you could get caught up on some thing that is beyond your control

I have hard enough time dealing with the stuff in front of me

However, to answer the Seeker of Knowledge's questions, I refer to the examples of the best of people, the prophets who never ventured beyond what Allah had ordained for them, except thru revelations. Hence the Prophet did not see Jibril, Ibrahim did not see angels, Lot did not see angels, UNTIL Allah ordained for them to. They did not go seeking beyond

When Musa asked Allah for more revelation, Allah invited him to see part of Allah on a mountain, Musa could not handle it

When Harut & Marut came to give people extra-info, they warned them that such info could harm them

So that has been my attitude about anything "unseen", jinns, angels, aliens, roots, evil eyes, dreams and interpretations, anything beyond my eyes

We were taught something before I was Muslim, it seems to apply since

"If you dont mess with the roots, the roots dont mess with you"
              You are right but in our Islamic history post Muhammad SAW, we have heard and read many incidents where righteous, spiritual muslims were able to tell the future and lead the masses in to the fold of Islam especially in the subcontinent region in the world. What could that be categorized into?

Comment

Originally posted by Shafii View Post

Brother i have been doing additional research on the topic you asked for many years.

it would be nice talking to you.

Please PM me your skype.

i'm doing comperative studies of vedas and our literature for dawah purpose.
                Kindly share with all what you have researched so far so that everyone benefits from this.

Comment

Salam. I made an account just to answer this.

I've had a 'kundalini awakening', while there's a mystical element to it, matters of the unseen are not the goal, just the view on the way for some people. It isn't really important, or worth thinking about too much. We were incarnated into the material realm, and not the unseen, for a reason.

Forming any sort of attachment to things like that is actually detrimental to spiritual progress. The end goal is to become fully absorbed in Allah in everything you do, to cleanse our thoughts, and purify our hearts.

Also note that if it is meant to awaken, it will when the timing is right, and Allah's timing is flawless. It comes with a lot of dangers on a person's if they force it.

The third eye concept is also another thing that's been marketed without understanding by especially people in the west. It's just an energy center, focusing on it alone will unbalance you, and leave you vulnerable to all sorts of influences.

It's good to get some universal perspectives on the journey, but in the end, Islamic spirituality comes down to staying true to the Quran, and Sunnah.

It is based on fulfilling all of our obligations, engaging in reflection/contemplation, paying zakat, purifying intentions, holding ourselves spiritually accountable, and being kind to one another.

Islam is already highly spiritual in nature, prayer is essentially a form of power-meditation (and more), and the times we pray at have many layers of wisdom behind it. They balance us, (all our 'chakras'), connect us with the Divine, and purify our hearts. The supplementary prayers are a great way to increase spirituality, and you can also sit in silence for 30 minutes focusing on breath, repeating Allah over and over.

May Allah increase in you good deeds and love.
                  Last edited by 4447; 01-12-19, 08:29 AM.

Comment

It's true that these non Muslim yogis and gurus and attain awakening. Because meditation does that to you anyway. If you meditate for so long, you just become more aware and present. But the difference between a Muslim and a non Muslim is obviously imaan. Muslims have a goal. They have imaan, oppose to these people who meditate for 'enlightenment' or 'awakening'.

If you don't have imaan or belief then you can only discover so much then that's it.
                    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

I don't think they are enlightened or anything. I think they're just in a form of delusion which they've put themselves into. Kinda like that guy on youtube who thought he could tranform into a super saiyan (and which he then actually attempted to transform into).

Comment

Originally posted by Kas1m View Post
                        It's true that these non Muslim yogis and gurus and attain awakening. Because meditation does that to you anyway. If you meditate for so long, you just become more aware and present. But the difference between a Muslim and a non Muslim is obviously imaan. Muslims have a goal. They have imaan, oppose to these people who meditate for 'enlightenment' or 'awakening'.

If you don't have imaan or belief then you can only discover so much then that's it.
                        How do they define that awakening and enlightenment?

Comment

How do they define that awakening and enlightenment?
                          Whatever their goal may be. Maybe they are experiencing peace or lucid dreaming or whatever. Each person must have a goal or something. Buddhism is kinda filled with this stuff.
                          الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

You are right but in our Islamic history post Muhammad SAW, we have heard and read many incidents where righteous, spiritual muslims were able to tell the future and lead the masses in to the fold of Islam especially in the subcontinent region in the world. What could that be categorized into?
                            Please share some of these incidents with evidence.

Comment

Working...
                            X