• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mohammad Hijab vs David Wood - Tawheed vs Trinity

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Mohammad Hijab vs David Wood - Tawheed vs Trinity

https://youtu.be/3k6MBedWTww
    Last edited by AmantuBillahi; 08-11-18, 09:28 PM.

SubhanAllah!

Has anyone else watched this? This was David Wood's Janaaza.

Comment

magok

Comment

3:10:50 - David Wood said: "That's not just me, I mean.. I'm a diagnosed psychopath. I don't have bad feelings about these things.."

Good Game.

Comment

Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
          3:10:50 - David Wood said: "That's not just me, I mean.. I'm a diagnosed psychopath. I don't have bad feelings about these things.."

Good Game.
          Phsycho who tried to kill his father,

Screenshot_20181109-041443~2.png
          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Although I'm glad that Br. Mohammed Hijab put David Wood in his place, I hope that the aggressive element within the debate will not throw off any of his future opponents who are more academically inclined.

There were moments within the debate where Hijab praised Wood's contemporaries (White, Craig) which I thought was very wise. Hopefully it will be enough to win them over for a debate once the smoke has settled.

As for David Wood, he bodied himself within this debate. He literally used the weakest arguments I have ever heard in any professional debate. Any Christian who supports this individual after this debate must necessarily be insincere or an imbecile.

By Allah, this debate can be used as a reference point against any arrogant/bigoted Christian. This was Khabib vs McGregor. This debate should humble the Kuffar.

Comment

I don’t understand Hijab’s rebuttal about the prayer from Allah to Mohammed, peace be upon him. David Wood made his point but don’t understand the refutation.
              8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
              2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
              3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
              4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
              5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
              6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
              7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
              8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This id also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

Originally posted by Magic. View Post
                I don’t understand Hijab’s rebuttal about the prayer from Allah to Mohammed, peace be upon him. David Wood made his point but don’t understand the refutation.
                Assalamu alaykum

David Wood was attempting to make the point that Allah(swt) and the Muslims pray to the Prophet(saws). This embarrassing misconception of his was twofold; his ignorance of the Arabic language, and his ignorance concerning the method in which Salawat are delivered to the Prophet SallaAllaho Alayhee wa-Sallam.

Comment

https://youtu.be/jzzE5hD9sf0

Comment

Hijab didn't really address it.

When variants of the root verb "Sallaa" are combined with different prepositions and depending on the context, the terms can have different meanings-

Abu Bakr al-Anbari [d. 328AH] and Abu Ubayd al-Qasim [d. 224AH] both say, among others, that Salaah or Sallaa in Arabic can mean 3 different things: 1) supplication, 2) mercy, or 3) the legally prescribed prayer.

Example for #1) In a Hadith, the Prophet says about the person invited for a meal: "...and if a person is fasting, fal-yusalla." What it means here is "then the fasting person should supplicate that Allah bless the one extending the invitation to eat."

Example for #2) In the verse: {Truly Allah and His angels yusalluna 'alaa the Prophet...}, with regards the Allah, then it means He sends His mercy on the Prophet and with regards to the angels it means that they supplicate to Allah for him .

Example for #3) the man verses and Hadith that mention the terms "Salaah" or "Salawah" intending by them the prayer which includes standing, bowing and prostration.

See Gharib al-Hadith 1/177 and az-Zahir fi Kalimat in-Naas 1/44.

I never like these so-called "debate" videos. This format is putting Islam on the same platform/level as other religions and atheism. It is also giving Disbelievers/polytheists a Muslim audience when they would not have that audience outside of the event. These "debates" cater more towards Muslims who already have philosophical doubts and issues without having a strong basis in basic Aqeedah and other Islamic sciences. Even the majority of Muslim speakers are not scholars of Islam or well-established in Islamic knowledge.

Comment

Although I'm glad that Br. Mohammed Hijab put David Wood in his place, I hope that the aggressive element within the debate will not throw off any of his future opponents who are more academically inclined.

There were moments within the debate where Hijab praised Wood's contemporaries (White, Craig) which I thought was very wise. Hopefully it will be enough to win them over for a debate once the smoke has settled.

As for David Wood, he bodied himself within this debate. He literally used the weakest arguments I have ever heard in any professional debate. Any Christian who supports this individual after this debate must necessarily be insincere or an imbecile.

By Allah, this debate can be used as a reference point against any arrogant/bigoted Christian. This was Khabib vs McGregor. This debate should humble the Kuffar.
                      sometimes it's necessary to bring down the hammer,
                      ​​​​​​
                      Surah Al-Anbiya : Ayah 18

بَلۡ نَقۡذِفُ بِالۡحَقِّ عَلَی الۡبَاطِلِ فَیَدۡمَغُہٗ فَاِذَا ہُوَ زَاہِقٌ ؕ  وَلَکُمُ الۡوَیۡلُ مِمَّا تَصِفُوۡنَ 

Nay, We hurl the Truth against falsehood, and it knocks out its brain, and behold, falsehood doth perish! Ah! woe be to you for the (false) things ye ascribe (to Us).

Christian arguments are inherently weak, full of absurdities and contradictions, injustices,

Reason and Christianity don't go hand in hand.

جزاك الله خيرا
                      Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 10-11-18, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AbuNajm View Post

Hijab didn't really address it.

When variants of the root verb "Sallaa" are combined with different prepositions and depending on the context, the terms can have different meanings-

Abu Bakr al-Anbari [d. 328AH] and Abu Ubayd al-Qasim [d. 224AH] both say, among others, that Salaah or Sallaa in Arabic can mean 3 different things: 1) supplication, 2) mercy, or 3) the legally prescribed prayer.

Example for #1) In a Hadith, the Prophet says about the person invited for a meal: "...and if a person is fasting, fal-yusalla." What it means here is "then the fasting person should supplicate that Allah bless the one extending the invitation to eat."

Example for #2) In the verse: {Truly Allah and His angels yusalluna 'alaa the Prophet...}, with regards the Allah, then it means He sends His mercy on the Prophet and with regards to the angels it means that they supplicate to Allah for him .

Example for #3) the man verses and Hadith that mention the terms "Salaah" or "Salawah" intending by them the prayer which includes standing, bowing and prostration.

See Gharib al-Hadith 1/177 and az-Zahir fi Kalimat in-Naas 1/44.

I never like these so-called "debate" videos. This format is putting Islam on the same platform/level as other religions and atheism. It is also giving Disbelievers/polytheists a Muslim audience when they would not have that audience outside of the event. These "debates" cater more towards Muslims who already have philosophical doubts and issues without having a strong basis in basic Aqeedah and other Islamic sciences. Even the majority of Muslim speakers are not scholars of Islam or well-established in Islamic knowledge.

Okay makes sense. I've stopped watching it halfway as I don't it want to endanger my Imaan. Hijab refuted well but needs to expand in some areas.

1. Wake up early!
                        3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
                        4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
                        5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
                        6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
                        7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
                        8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This id also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

Comment

Thanks akhi. Will watch it.

1. Wake up early!

NEW UPDATE

Comment

Okay makes sense. I've stopped watching it halfway as I don't it want to endanger my Imaan. Hijab refuted well but needs to expand in some areas.
                            Just watch an Ahmed Deedat debate and that should help your iman
                            The Prophet s.a.a.w warned when he said: "You will surely follow the ways of those who came before you, in exactly the same fashion, to the point were they to enter the hole of a lizard, you too would enter it." It was asked of him, "O Messenger of Allah s.a.a.w., do you mean the Jews and Christians?" He replied, "Who else?" (Bukhari and Muslim)

Comment

Originally posted by Musbah View Post

Just watch an Ahmed Deedat debate and that should help your iman
                              Sheikh Deedat was a legend, there isn't any daee like him nowadays.

May Allah عز و جل grant him Firdaus Al Ala,

آمين يا رب العالمين

Comment

Working...
                              X