Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jesus was not a White man! & His name wasn't Jesus!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Musbah View Post

Wrong again. Jesus allegedly described Simon as being like a rock. The Latin New Testament writers decided to retain that description of Simon instead of using his Hebrew name. Rock in Greek is Petros from which you get the name Peter. So his name should of been retained and not switched for an adjective to describe him.

Matthew 16:16-18

16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip1 View Post

Matthew 16:16-18

16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.
      LOL. So you Christians are claiming that Jesus said "Peter". You people play fast and loose with the translation.
      "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

https://www.behindthename.com/name/peter

Not playing fast and loose at all. Just linguistics. Note the Arabic translation of Peter is Butrus, ( link above ) fast and loose ? I think not. Just a translation. If English speaking Christians today use Peter what’s the deal? It refers to the same person the Christ called Cephas.

Comment

I wish you guys would just read up a little.

In the Hebrew Bible the term Israelites is used interchangeably with the term Twelve tribes of Israel . Although related, the terms Hebrews, Israelites, and Jews are not interchangeable in all instances. "Israelites" (Yisraelim) refers specifically to the direct descendants of any of the sons of the patriarch Jacob (later called Israel), and his descendants as a people are also collectively called "Israel", including converts to their faith in worship of the god of Israel , Yahweh. "Hebrews" (ʿIvrim), on the contrary, is used to denote the Israelites' immediate forebears who dwelt in the land of Canaan, the Israelites themselves, and the Israelites' ancient and modern descendants (including Jews and Samaritans). "Jews" (Yehudim) is used to denote the descendants of the Israelites who coalesced when the Tribe of Judah absorbed the remnants of various other Israelite tribes. Thus, for instance, Abraham was a Hebrew but he was not technically an Israelite nor a Jew, Jacob was both a Hebrew and the first Israelite but not a Jew, while David (as a member of the Tribe of Judah) was all three, a Hebrew, an Israelite, and a Judahite (Yehudi, Jew). A Samaritan, on the contrary, while being both a Hebrew and an Israelite, is not a Jew.

During the period of the divided monarchy "Israelites" was only used to refer to the inhabitants of the nirthan Kingdom of Israel and it is only extended to cover the people of the southern Kingdom of Judah in post-exilic usage.

The Israelites are the ethnic stock from which modern Jews and Samaritans originally trace their ancestry. Modern Jews are named after and also descended from the southern Israelite Kingdom of Judah, particularly the tribes of Judah, Benjamin, Simeon and partially Levi. Many Israelites took refuge in the Kingdom of Judah following the collapse of the Kingdom of Israel.

Finally, in Judaism, the term "Israelite" is, broadly speaking, used to refer to a lay member of the Jewish ethnoreligious group, as opposed to the priestly orders of Kohanim and Levites. In texts of Jewish Law such as the Mishnah and Gemara , the term יהודי (Yehudi), meaning Jew, is rarely used, and instead the ethnonym ישראלי (Yisraeli), or Israelite, is widely used to refer to Jews. Samaritans commonly refer to themselves and to Jews collectively as Israelites, and they describe themselves as the Israelite Samaritans.

Jesus was descended from the tribe of Judah, so can lay claim to Hebrew, Israelite and Jewish linage.

I’m not sure I see the relevance of Jesus’ language being Aramaic or weather it’s widely spoken today or not. Language does after all evolve. Although Aramaic is not spoken outside of scholarly circles it has survived. You may even say that today’s Arabic could be derived from Aramaic. There are similarities.
          A man who has no lineage and was born miraculously is descended from Judah lol,

You Christians bwen playing thia game with contradictory genealogies for a long time,

His mother tongue is clearly relevant if your claiming as you Christians do that you have the word of God,

Esa عليه السلام wasn't Greek, and what tou have is an alleged foreign translation of the Bible,

So much for the "word of God "
          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Converting names ???
            Yes, it obviously went all over your head.

Jesus is a made up name, like many others which Christians concocted.

Here's an example of a translation as stated before ...

Muhammad = One who is Praiseworthy, in English.

Adding random letters in front or after a person's name and claiming its a translation is a game you lot have been playing for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

Yes, it obviously went all over your head.

Jesus is a made up name, like many others which Christians concocted.

Here's an example of a translation as stated before ...

Muhammad = One who is Praiseworthy, in English.

Adding random letters in front or after a person's name and claiming its a translation is a game you lot have been playing for a long time.
              Yeah.. I meet lots of Muslims on my travels named One who is praiseworthy.

Lets take the name Peter for example.. English = Peter French = Pierre Arabic = Brutus.. very different sounding but the same name. The meaning of the name Peter is Rock. We’re not talking of the meaning of the name here, but the name translating into different language. Maybe you misunderstood.

Comment

A man who has no lineage and was born miraculously is descended from Judah lol,

You Christians bwen playing thia game with contradictory genealogies for a long time,

His mother tongue is clearly relevant if your claiming as you Christians do that you have the word of God,

Esa عليه السلام wasn't Greek, and what tou have is an alleged foreign translation of the Bible,

So much for the "word of God "
                Mary was from the Tribe of Judah.

Comment

Mary was from the Tribe of Judah.
                  The Bible says its the genealogy of Jesus, not Mary

Jesus has no father or grandfather, yet yhe Bible gives him multiple fathers,

Genealogy is traced through fathers, you can keep playing games if it makes you happy.
                  Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 07-04-19, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Yeah.. I meet lots of Muslims on my travels named One who is praiseworthy.

Lets take the name Peter for example.. English = Peter French = Pierre Arabic = Brutus.. very different sounding but the same name. The meaning of the name Peter is Rock. We’re not talking of the meaning of the name here, but the name translating into different language. Maybe you misunderstood.
                    You ever seen any practicing Muslim add letters or mutilate the name Muhammad and claim thats his translated name?

If I follow your argument and convert your name into Bengali and it turns out to be similar animal, or despised material you would say its justified me referring you with it?
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

You ever seen any practicing Muslim add letters or mutilate the name Muhammad and claim thats his translated name?

If I follow your argument and convert your name into Bengali and it turns out to be similar animal, or despised material you would say its justified me referring you with it?
                      ​​​​​​
                      Are we talking at cross purposes here? Apologies but your replies aren’t making sense. I’m talking about language translations. What do you mean by converting a name? Why would you do that? Convert a name to what?

Muhammad

Sources point to the name Muhammad as the most common given name in the world. It is a transliteration of an Arabic given name. In Bangladesh, India and Pakistan, the original spelling is retained. But in Afghanistan and Iran, it is more commonly spelled as Mohammad, while in North Africa the locals use the spelling Muhammed. Muhamed is used in Bosnia and Herzegovina. In countries like Albania and Turkey, the following transliterations are common: Muhammed, Muhammet, Muhamed and Muhamet.

Latin and Greek also have their own versions of Muhammad. These are Mahometus and Moameth, respectively. The Spanish and Catalans say Mahoma while the Galician version is Mamede. If you go to Russia, you may meet men with names like Mukhammad or Magomed. In West African countries like Senegal, Mamadou is their version of Muhamman while in Somalia you have Maxamed. The Kazakhs use Mukhammed.

What does Muhammad mean? Muhammad originates from the Middle East and is the name of the prophet of Islam. The name Muhammad means "praised." Another popular Muhammad is Muhammad Ali (Cassius Clay), one of the greatest boxers of all time.

Different languages, different names? Not really. Many given names in use today came from languages that are no longer spoken in daily conversations. Greek and Latin are common sources of given names. Some given names come from Hebrew.

http://www.thelanguagejournal.com/20...different.html
                      Last edited by Pip1; 07-04-19, 10:33 PM. Reason: forgot to add the link.

Comment

Are we talking at cross purposes here? Apologies but your replies aren’t making sense. I’m talking about language translations. What do you mean by converting a name? Why would you do that? Convert a name to what?

Muhammad

Sources point to the name Muhammad as the most common given name in the world. It is a transliteration of an Arabic given name. In Bangladesh, India and Pakistan, the original spelling is retained. But in Afghanistan and Iran, it is more commonly spelled as Mohammad, while in North Africa the locals use the spelling Muhammed. Muhamed is used in Bosnia and Herzegovina. In countries like Albania and Turkey, the following transliterations are common: Muhammed, Muhammet, Muhamed and Muhamet.

Latin and Greek also have their own versions of Muhammad. These are Mahometus and Moameth, respectively. The Spanish and Catalans say Mahoma while the Galician version is Mamede. If you go to Russia, you may meet men with names like Mukhammad or Magomed. In West African countries like Senegal, Mamadou is their version of Muhamman while in Somalia you have Maxamed. The Kazakhs use Mukhammed.

What does Muhammad mean? Muhammad originates from the Middle East and is the name of the prophet of Islam. The name Muhammad means "praised." Another popular Muhammad is Muhammad Ali (Cassius Clay), one of the greatest boxers of all time.

Different languages, different names? Not really. Many given names in use today came from languages that are no longer spoken in daily conversations. Greek and Latin are common sources of given names. Some given names come from Hebrew.

http://www.thelanguagejournal.com/20...different.html
                        The point was Jesus is a concocted name, were not talking about subtle differences in pronouncing someone's name, you haven't admitted that it is not a the English Translation of Esa or Esau, or Masih

Christians love playing games,

Just like attributing multiple contradictory fathers to a man who had no father

​​​​​​
                        Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 07-04-19, 10:48 PM.

Comment

The point was Jesus is a concocted name, were not talking about subtle differences in pronouncing someone's name, you haven't admitted that it is not a the English Translation of Esa or Esau, or Masih

Christians love playing games,

Just like attributing multiple contradictory fathers to a man who had no father

​​​​​​

No one is talking about pronunciation of a name. It’s not an English translation of Esa or Esau because Jesus never had an Arabic name. Why would He? Jesus was a Jew. Arabic Christians rarely use the name Esa or Esau except for maybe interactions with Muslims they call Jesus by the Arabic transliteration of Jesus which is Yasu.

Linguistically it is clear how the rendering of the Hebrew Yeshua' developed into the English Jesus:
                          Yeshua' (Hebrew) —> Ιησους (Greek) —> Iesus (Latin) —> Jesus (English).

You I think are the one playing games here. Or you’re being deliberately obtuse.

Comment

Working...
                          X