Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• belovedlife
    replied
    I have similar struggles with anxiety and panic. What is important is not to lose the thread of what is occurring. It is easy to become unraveled, for such feelings are intense and jarring, and they can lead a man to despair if he is not careful. Never lose the thread of what is happening. These are the trials that, if given a positive character, can bring a man closer to Allah. So I do not feel sorry for your suffering, any more than I feel sorry for, say, an atheist who is quite calm and self-satisfied with his way of life, and appears outwardly content. There is nothing to be sorry for. You have been presented an opportunity that many do not get.

Speaking personally now, my biggest mistep with regards to anxiety and panic was putting my trust in secular psychology for a long time. Through secular psychology, I believed I could rid myself of these trials by performing the kind of mental gymnastics that they advocate. It was as if I were a magician trying to pull a sleight of hand and trick myself into mental relief. It was as if I was trying to force Allah to relieve me, without patience or subservience or subtlety or delicacy. I, like a criminal, wanted to force Allah's hand to come to my aid. Allah is above all force, and to want to force Allah was to want to put myself above Allah. And then I wonder why Allah does not come, haha.

I do not know how Perennialism is received by these forums. I ask for your patience if you take issue with me quoting from them, but Frithjof Schuon has this to say about certain mental disorders/disequilibriums and complexes:
    "There are complexes which do honor to man or are natural to him by virtue of his deiformity, and consequently that there are disequilibriums that are necessary, and that must be resolved from above ourselves and not from beneath."

So please, dear brother, keep in mind that there are complexes that do honor and are natural to man. Do not go the way of modern thinking and believe psychological complexes are all negative. Complexes may serve to remind you, in a powerful way that cannot be ignored, that you have strayed from your fitrah. How wonderful! What a gift! Praise be to Allah!
    Last edited by belovedlife; 25-02-20, 11:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Striving-M
    replied
    Wow maa sha Allah brother hope you well . alhamdullilah just read the genuine messages here and you will come to know that there are brothers and sister of yours here who care for you unconditionally. Just reading these messages will insha Allah make you feel better and smile to know that the ummah of our prophet pbuh does genuinely care for you. I will make dua that my message gets the desired effect. Allah Swt safeguard you and keep you safe. Ameen

Leave a comment:

• Abu Abdur_Rahman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mintchocchip View Post

I hope Allah swt helps you overcome your anxieties and panic attacks.

You should talk to someone and not be alone when going through such emotions.

Brother Abu Abdur_Rahman has offered you a listening ear. Perhaps Abu Abdur_Rahman just contact the brother as sometimes a person going through such problems is reluctant to talk to others. Jazak Allah khairun for offering him help.
    Thank you for the advice.

I've actually reached out to him multiple times and he has reached out to me. But then communication stops.

May Allah make his situation easier. If he was alone, the issue would be simple. But he has a family.

Leave a comment:

• Mintchocchip
    replied
    Originally posted by asalem View Post
    I can't do this no more. Ive had too much suffering from mental health. I am going through so many panic attacks a day that I can't function properly. Please pray for me. I am sitting here crying to Allah for relief. I don't know why I am so scared but my anxiety is bad. My name is Azaam. Please mention me in your dua.
    I hope Allah swt helps you overcome your anxieties and panic attacks.

You should talk to someone and not be alone when going through such emotions.

Brother Abu Abdur_Rahman has offered you a listening ear. Perhaps Abu Abdur_Rahman just contact the brother as sometimes a person going through such problems is reluctant to talk to others. Jazak Allah khairun for offering him help.

Leave a comment:

• Abu Abdur_Rahman
    replied
    Feel free to reach out to us if you need help or someone to talk to. As you know, we live in the same state.

Leave a comment:

• asalem
    replied
    Originally posted by Aishah11 View Post
    As-salamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh, I have three things for you in shaa Allah.

Firstly, rest assured that the worries and distress that affect you are among the things that expiate sins and reduce the burden of sins; if you are patient and seek rewards with Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala, you will be rewarded for the things you are going through.

Secondly, the duaa below will benefit you in shaa Allah, as it's among the Prophets salla Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam remedies for anxiety. It is recorded in Musnad Ahmad and Sahih Abu Hatim on the authority of โ€˜Abdullah bin Masโ€™ud that the Messenger of Allah ๏ทบ said, โ€œWhoever was afflicted with grief and anxiety and says (the following Dua), Allah, the Exalted and Ever-Majestic, will remove his grief and will change his sorrow into happiness.โ€

ู„ู„ู‘ู‡ูู€ู…ูŽู‘ ุฅูู†ูู‘ูŠ ุนูŽุจู’ู€ุฏููƒูŽ ุงุจู’ู†ู ุนูŽุจู’ู€ุฏููƒูŽ ุงุจู’ู†ู ุฃูŽู…ูŽุชูู€ูƒูŽ ู†ูŽุงุตููŠูŽุชููŠ ุจููŠูŽู€ุฏููƒูŽุŒ ู…ูŽุงุถู ูููŠูŽู‘ ุญููƒู’ู…ููƒูŽุŒ ุนูŽุฏู’ู„ูŒ ูููŠูŽู‘ ู‚ูŽุถูŽุงุคูƒูŽ ุฃูŽุณู’ุฃูŽู„ูู€ูƒูŽ ุจููƒูู„ูู‘ ุงุณู’ู…ู ู‡ููˆูŽ ู„ูŽูƒูŽ ุณูŽู…ูŽู‘ู€ูŠู’ุชูŽ ุจูู‡ู ู†ูŽูู’ุณูŽูƒูŽ ุฃููˆู’ ุฃูŽู†ู’ุฒูŽู„ู’ุชูŽู€ู‡ู ูููŠ ูƒูุชูŽุงุจููƒูŽุŒ ุฃูŽูˆู’ ุนูŽู„ูŽู‘ู…ู’ู€ุชูŽู‡ู ุฃูŽุญูŽุฏุงู‹ ู…ูู†ู’ ุฎูŽู„ู’ู‚ูู€ูƒูŽ ุฃูŽูˆู ุงุณู’ุชูŽู€ุฃู’ุซูŽุฑู’ุชูŽ ุจูู‡ู ูููŠ ุนูู„ู’ู…ู ุงู„ุบูŽูŠู’ู€ุจู ุนูู†ู’ู€ุฏูŽูƒูŽ ุฃูŽู†ู’ ุชูŽุฌู’ู€ุนูŽู„ูŽ ุงู„ู‚ูุฑู’ุขู†ูŽ ุฑูŽุจููŠู€ุนูŽ ู‚ูŽู„ู’ุจูู€ูŠุŒ ูˆูŽู†ูˆุฑูŽ ุตูŽู€ุฏู’ุฑููŠ ูˆุฌูŽู„ูŽุงุกูŽ ุญูู€ุฒู’ู†ููŠ ูˆุฐูŽู‡ูŽุงุจูŽ ู‡ูŽู…ูู‘ู€ูŠ

O Allah, I am Your slave and the son of Your male slave and the son of your female slave. My forehead is in Your Hand (i.e. you have control over me). Your Judgment upon me is assured and Your Decree concerning me is just. I ask You by every Name that You have named Yourself with, revealed in Your Book, taught any one of Your creation or kept unto Yourself in the knowledge of the unseen that is with You, to make the Qurโ€™an the spring of my heart, and the light of my chest, the banisher of my sadness and the reliever of my distress.

Thirdly, I would recommend you to treat yourself with ruqya, it may be performed by someone whose religious commitment you trust or by yourself. You can start by reciting, three times each, al-Ikhlas, al-Falaq and an-Nas after every Fajr and Maghrib salah.

I will keep you in my duaa in shaa Allah, and I ask Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala to give you patience to bear this hardship, and to bring you closer to Him so that you may find the ultimate peace.
    Shukran. I feel better today. I will recite it for sure

Leave a comment:

• muslim_one
    replied
    Great responses. I'll also add that you can use benefits of going to gym, if you don't do it already. Also don't forget to do a simple blood test, it'll show if you have any deficiency in vitamins etc.
    Last edited by muslim_one; 30-01-20, 04:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Striving-M
    replied
    Originally posted by Aishah11 View Post
    As-salamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh, I have three things for you in shaa Allah.

Firstly, rest assured that the worries and distress that affect you are among the things that expiate sins and reduce the burden of sins; if you are patient and seek rewards with Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala, you will be rewarded for the things you are going through.

Secondly, the duaa below will benefit you in shaa Allah, as it's among the Prophets salla Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam remedies for anxiety. It is recorded in Musnad Ahmad and Sahih Abu Hatim on the authority of โ€˜Abdullah bin Masโ€™ud that the Messenger of Allah ๏ทบ said, โ€œWhoever was afflicted with grief and anxiety and says (the following Dua), Allah, the Exalted and Ever-Majestic, will remove his grief and will change his sorrow into happiness.โ€

ู„ู„ู‘ู‡ูู€ู…ูŽู‘ ุฅูู†ูู‘ูŠ ุนูŽุจู’ู€ุฏููƒูŽ ุงุจู’ู†ู ุนูŽุจู’ู€ุฏููƒูŽ ุงุจู’ู†ู ุฃูŽู…ูŽุชูู€ูƒูŽ ู†ูŽุงุตููŠูŽุชููŠ ุจููŠูŽู€ุฏููƒูŽุŒ ู…ูŽุงุถู ูููŠูŽู‘ ุญููƒู’ู…ููƒูŽุŒ ุนูŽุฏู’ู„ูŒ ูููŠูŽู‘ ู‚ูŽุถูŽุงุคูƒูŽ ุฃูŽุณู’ุฃูŽู„ูู€ูƒูŽ ุจููƒูู„ูู‘ ุงุณู’ู…ู ู‡ููˆูŽ ู„ูŽูƒูŽ ุณูŽู…ูŽู‘ู€ูŠู’ุชูŽ ุจูู‡ู ู†ูŽูู’ุณูŽูƒูŽ ุฃููˆู’ ุฃูŽู†ู’ุฒูŽู„ู’ุชูŽู€ู‡ู ูููŠ ูƒูุชูŽุงุจููƒูŽุŒ ุฃูŽูˆู’ ุนูŽู„ูŽู‘ู…ู’ู€ุชูŽู‡ู ุฃูŽุญูŽุฏุงู‹ ู…ูู†ู’ ุฎูŽู„ู’ู‚ูู€ูƒูŽ ุฃูŽูˆู ุงุณู’ุชูŽู€ุฃู’ุซูŽุฑู’ุชูŽ ุจูู‡ู ูููŠ ุนูู„ู’ู…ู ุงู„ุบูŽูŠู’ู€ุจู ุนูู†ู’ู€ุฏูŽูƒูŽ ุฃูŽู†ู’ ุชูŽุฌู’ู€ุนูŽู„ูŽ ุงู„ู‚ูุฑู’ุขู†ูŽ ุฑูŽุจููŠู€ุนูŽ ู‚ูŽู„ู’ุจูู€ูŠุŒ ูˆูŽู†ูˆุฑูŽ ุตูŽู€ุฏู’ุฑููŠ ูˆุฌูŽู„ูŽุงุกูŽ ุญูู€ุฒู’ู†ููŠ ูˆุฐูŽู‡ูŽุงุจูŽ ู‡ูŽู…ูู‘ู€ูŠ

O Allah, I am Your slave and the son of Your male slave and the son of your female slave. My forehead is in Your Hand (i.e. you have control over me). Your Judgment upon me is assured and Your Decree concerning me is just. I ask You by every Name that You have named Yourself with, revealed in Your Book, taught any one of Your creation or kept unto Yourself in the knowledge of the unseen that is with You, to make the Qurโ€™an the spring of my heart, and the light of my chest, the banisher of my sadness and the reliever of my distress.

Thirdly, I would recommend you to treat yourself with ruqya, it may be performed by someone whose religious commitment you trust or by yourself. You can start by reciting, three times each, al-Ikhlas, al-Falaq and an-Nas after every Fajr and Maghrib salah.

I will keep you in my duaa in shaa Allah, and I ask Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala to give you patience to bear this hardship, and to bring you closer to Him so that you may find the ultimate peace.
    Maa sha Allah. Very beautiful written . May Allah Swt accept this with / for the intended purpose . Ameen

Leave a comment:

• Striving-M
    replied
    Maa sha Allah , solid bit of naseeha and an inspirational message. I pray that the one who it's intended for gets the desired effect. Ameen

Leave a comment:

• Aishah11
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Eijaz Koor
    replied
    Originally posted by asalem View Post
    I can't do this no more. Ive had too much suffering from mental health. I am going through so many panic attacks a day that I can't function properly. Please pray for me. I am sitting here crying to Allah for relief. I don't know why I am so scared but my anxiety is bad. My name is Azaam. Please mention me in your dua.
    May Allah keep you with aafiyat. Ameen

Do you sit and ponder about what you are scared about and whether that fear is necessary or valid?

For instance if you fear losing your job but you are employed and have no risk of losing your job etc??

Insha-Allah you will start to realize that shaytaan puts fearful thoughts in our minds to distract us and mostly these fears aren't something that are even a reality or will ever be one.

Leave a comment:

• asalem
    started a topic I am sitting here crying

I am sitting here crying

Working...
X