Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladies Only! ovarian cyst

Assalamoalaikum
    I am a female in my mid twenties, unmarried. I have been following up on a "dermoid ovarian cyst", something that has solid areas, for about 3 years. Recently I have been given the option of surgery although surgery at this stage is personal choice. Its personal choice because the cyst is not that large , its less than 5cm,its not yet a problem.
    It has the potential to become a problem, one day it may be eventually large enough and will need to be removed, it may suddenly one day grow , twist the ovary and if I don't make it in to hospital in time I will lose the ovary.
    Okay now the problem, surgery may break the hymen, and I think that's why its a major issue before marriage, I cant think of any other reason why this would be related to marriage. At this stage the vibe most people are giving me is its if its not needed why do it? My family is not supporting me at all, my mother turns very cold when we discuss this.
    I need help,should I or should not I, given the facts, go on with surgery?
    Any advice is very much appreciated.

Re: ovarian cyst

I would do it. No hymen doesn't mean you are not a virgin so why are you stressing? Some women aren't even born with hymens!
    [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

W alikum salam. Dear sister. First of all I am very sorry that you had been diagnosed with the ovarian cyst. When I was 22 years of age one day I had a severe pain in my abdomen, it was so severe that I had no choice other than going to a doctor. On an ultrasound they suspected an ovarian cyst but my mother was so worried knowing that I was ummarried that time and how can I have an issue with my ovary. She never took me to a gynecologist and was scared that she might perform a surgery or a procedure that may affect my virginity. My pain was just controlled with pain medicines and after a week or so I got well. Later on after 6 or 7 years when I was already married but unable to conceive I went to see the doctor again with my husband and I was diagnosed to have an ovarian cyst of 20 cm. It was very large and has destroyed one of my fallopian tube completely and the other partially. I had a surgery to remove the cyst and since it was large I had a big incision and longer recovery time.
      I still donot have any living children and always regret that if I would have been treated on time may be I would have not had damaged my reproductive system. Tell ur mother not to worry and let u operated. Allah helps us all. My prayers for you

Comment

Ask your doctors again, if this thing is growing...then it is better to get it removed...or why not every 6 months go get an ultrasound to check if it is getting larger
        Sister the last thing on your mind should be about your hymen, also not to get into detail but hymen is nothing, intercourse isnt any different. You are thinking to deeply about it, maybe influenced bt cultural gossip
        Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X