Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: lingerie on wedding night

Salams Sister

I don't think you should wear your pjs as its your first night with your husband.
    So you would want to wear something that looks good to him and to you.

Jus keep it sexy yet simple, such as a midlength silky night dress.
    Last edited by Jenicca; 21-08-12, 10:42 AM. Reason: link not appropriate

Comment

Sister, you shouldn't worry that much. If something embarrassing does happen, few weeks later you both will most likely look back and joke about it. So, no big deal, really. :insha:

Like I said above, best to ask him after nikah what he is expecting or tell him your expectations. Maybe, he wants to wait until you both are more conformable being with each other?
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Ukhti, welcome to the forum and Mabrook on your Nikah. May Allah swt unite you both upon khair.

As for your concerns and apprehensions, the truth is, everyone has them. Whether they admit it or not.

As practising Believers, the Muslim man and woman do not interact freely with one another. Its understandable to feel nervous, even about something as simple as not having hajib one in front of your husband on your first moments together.

As for imperfections....again, everyone has them. No one is perfect and the imahges that the media portrays of what is attractive and what isnt, is nothing but filth.

Insha'Allah, if your husband is righteous man, he will have saved himself and lowered his gaze, only for that which Allah swt has ordained halaal for him; his wife! And Insha'allah there will be contentment and pleasure in that. Its the female nature to be self consious in this way, because of the constant indirect messages we get from our environment, but I doubt very much it will be an issue!

Modesty and shyness and both characteristics of the Believers.....there is nothing wrong with that. In fact it is upon the fitrah of the female to feel like this, so just go with the flow. If you feel shy, you feel shy. You wont feel shy forever!!

Sister please try to understand, that your apprehensions now, are as a single sister on the brink of marriage. Once the nikah has been performed, insha'Allah Allah will instill mawaddah and rahmah between both of you, and because of this ni'mah so many of your concerns will become easier to handle. It is a beautiful and treasured and surely is a sign from Allah swt for thos who contemplate.

Your initial moments are not only abour marital relations, but bonding with each other, emotionally, mentally and more so spiritually. Please try to read up on the ettiquette on the wedding night, ask him to lead you in nafl salaah, and make plentiful dua. Even now, make dua daily to Allah swt asking him to make things easier for you.....He knows your fears anyway :)

About your feelings, attempt to express yourself open to your husband insha'Allah. If you are nervous, tell him. Communication is one of the essential elements of a successful marriage, in every aspect of marriage. Build a strong and firm foundation from day one!

Men are visual creatures, and pleasing your husband, or atleast making the effort, comes part and parcel of being a dutiful and obedient Muslimah. In fact Im sure ive heard from Scholars, that with the right intention, it is akin to nafl ibaadah.

Try to look pleasing for your husband and start off day one, as you aim to carry on. Come on sis, its in inhernt for girls to like dressing up!!

It is part of the sunnah to adorn yourself for your spouse, and also smell good. So buy some nice perfume too!

If you need any more help/advice please dont hesitate to PM me or one of the other female moderators or regular posting sisters.

Enjoy the last few months of being a single Muslimah....your life will never be the same again ( in a good way of course !!! )
        وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

MOD NOTE:

Moved to female section after my post, hence why brothers have posted before it!

:jkk:
          وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Everyone has these kind of hang ups, so dont worry about it just you being worried.

Do whatever feels right, not what you think you should do because then the awkwardness is palpable.
            You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

You know you can wear lingerie FOR YOU first. If you like it then no reason to be stressed

Lingerie is first of all our own pleasure to wear it:inlove:
              My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
              Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Originally posted by wonderingsis View Post
                My wedding day is coming up in 3 months inshallah and I'm nervous about being with my husband. I love him very much but I'm just nervous about things like if he'll notice imperfections like my tummy isn't nice and flat.I'm a good and healthy weight but i'm not absolutely fit and as attractive as I can possibly be in terms of physical fitness.
                What's stopping you from working out so you can reach that goal that you have for yourself in terms of how fit you can/want to be? You have 3 months; that's a fair amount of time to obtain results
                "Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"
                Whosoever desires peace prepares for war; no one provokes, nor dares to offend, those who they know to be superior in battle-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Comment

Panties that cut into the body or, on the contrary, sit too loosely at the waist, slipping straps of bras that need to be corrected now and then, a pressing elastic band on the back - all the representatives of the better half of humanity, whether their homeland is France or the USA, we all once encountered these annoying troubles when choosing the wrong leather lingerie set. Please advise how you choose your lingerie. I would like to buy leather lingerie set on MarieMur.com. How do you like this brand?
                  Last edited by mmeleia; 4 days ago.

Comment

Working...
                  X