• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ten_toes
    replied
    Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
    ten_toes

Did you find the lipstick with the nostalgic smell?

I was looking through my make up (need to organise my stuff) and had a little sniff of my lipstick and it still has that smell.

One of my Revlon liquid lipstick has gone off a bit even though I only used a very few times, maybe four, I've had it for four years and only opened it last year. Used to smell great.
    Not sure about lipstick smells . I use lip balm mainly. I have a lot of makeup that must be years out of date, I don't use them. Should throw out but they look OK. I once found a palette that was 10 years out of date, had tiny insects running amok

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    ten_toes

Did you find the lipstick with the nostalgic smell?

I was looking through my make up (need to organise my stuff) and had a little sniff of my lipstick and it still has that smell.

One of my Revlon liquid lipstick has gone off a bit even though I only used a very few times, maybe four, I've had it for four years and only opened it last year. Used to smell great.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Originally posted by Mintchocchip View Post

There are bobbin storage boxes. Have a look online ebay or amazon etc. They have space for individual bobbins and the space is not as big as the small jewellery boxes. I think just the right size to store nose studs or small earings.
    Good idea thanks, I'm always fussy with how they look, hopefully I'll find something
    I originally thought about those soft cushions to stack needles, not sure what they're called but was planning on getting those for my hijab pins then I thoought I could just stick my studs on it too but nah looks ugly

Leave a comment:

• Mintchocchip
    replied
    I'm looking for something to store my nose studs and ring in
    I find the small jewellery boxes a bit too big, I like the glass ones

I wonder if there's anything specifically made for storing studs
    I lose so many
    There are bobbin storage boxes. Have a look online ebay or amazon etc. They have space for individual bobbins and the space is not as big as the small jewellery boxes. I think just the right size to store nose studs or small earings.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    I'm looking for something to store my nose studs and ring in
    I find the small jewellery boxes a bit too big, I like the glass ones

I wonder if there's anything specifically made for storing studs
    I lose so many

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    Originally posted by aelmo View Post

I was just speaking generally. I didn't mean you as in you lol.

Personally a lot of my core interests are not considered girly and honestly I don't enjoy doing a lot of traditionally girly things.

With that being said just because some may not do or enjoy (like in my case) traditionally girly things it doesn't mean that you cant still present yourself in a feminine way.

The way you carry yourself, the way you speak, cleanliness, clothes all come to mind aside from make up.

When I was younger I used to feel very insecure and felt like I would die if I didn't wear eyeliner Its actually very funny to think about it now because never in a million years would I ever put eyeliner on my waterline now but it took years for me to realize that makeup isn't the only thing to do to make you girly or look good, there is so much more too it then that.

prepare yourself because I am going to say something extremely cringy right now. Makeup makes a pretty face but it doesn't make a pretty heart

There I said it! You can ignore me forever if you want to after that. I would! lol

I just think that in order to be girly and feminine you need more than surface level things. Especially as muslim women. Looking presentable is important but being kind and having good character is just as, if not more important.
    Oh ok
    thats true it’s about how you carry yourself
    There is a lot of pressure to wear make up, wherever you go, everyone judges.
    as in in family functions.
    But you are right, it’s all about mindset.
    That’s true that inner beauty counts more, but these days to give up make up it also requires mental strength. And stubbornness.
    I know I need to sharpen up my appearance in general.
    Trying to be religious doesn’t mean being careless.
    jazak Allah khair for sharing your perspective

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Originally posted by Flawed View Post

Sorry sis. Ill make a general chit chat thread for advice on this section.
    Sorry, don't wanna be a bossy cow but ya know marriage topic is like a headache

It's nice to talk about unrelated stuff

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Originally posted by nudgetheputri1 View Post

they are window-shopping men, now in stores sold seperately

I would not be surprised if this becomes a reality one day

Leave a comment:

• nudgetheputri1
    replied
    Oh no marriage discussions on this lovely shopping thread
    they are window-shopping men, now in stores sold seperately

Leave a comment:

• Flawed
    replied
    Sorry sis. Ill make a general chit chat thread for advice on this section.

Leave a comment:

• nudgetheputri1
    replied
    Originally posted by ten_toes View Post

Don't have anyone that would care. They'd all find it a burden if I bothered them and would be rude and mother didn't care. It's a shopping centre, really busy. Just have to do my duas and carry on
    Oh okay do you work? or are you in sch?

Leave a comment:

• ten_toes
    replied
    Originally posted by nudgetheputri1 View Post

Do you have sisters? Or your mother to accompany you?

Is Westfield some popular place in UK? If I were you, I would keep a distance and an eye out, there might be some creepos looking at you from afar

I don't have any sisters to chaperone me sometimes when I want to go outside - but if I do go to places like malls or neighbourhoods I don't know, I keep an eye out and make sure I walk to places knowing where to go, who to meet and what to expect.

Don't have anyone that would care. They'd all find it a burden if I bothered them and would be rude and mother didn't care. It's a shopping centre, really busy. Just have to do my duas and carry on

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Flawed
    replied
    Originally posted by Creamcake View Post

yeah definitely i agree with all those traits and ayninas too, i'll add em all on my list. Where do these guys exist? Inshaa'Allaah on planet earth somewhere. lool i didnt make the connection between the thread title and list thats funny
    Haha. Well it is like shopping for us ladies but it is actually more of a chat on it.

Hmm the thing is men have both good and bad traits and we need to decide whether we can be ok with their "not so great traits" and if you can live with them.

Leave a comment:

• Creamcake
    replied
    Originally posted by Flawed View Post

Thats a good list.

For me its pretty much the same. Prays, good self conduct, mindful, engaging, intelligent, caring, can take the front seat, attentive, understanding and kind. Also someone who is understand self work and improvement.
    yeah definitely i agree with all those traits and ayninas too, i'll add em all on my list. Where do these guys exist? Inshaa'Allaah on planet earth somewhere. lool i didnt make the connection between the thread title and list thats funny

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X