Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aelmo
    replied
    I also got a pastel yellow hijab and as I was there I felt like it might wash me out but it was such a pretty color so I go it anyway. But sure enough it really washes me out and makes me look like a ghost :(

I want to wear yellow but its just not working when its on my head

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied
    There is this place here that imports new stuff from turkey every week and sells it for really cheap. And its mostly appropriate clothing which is awesome and I am glad they aren't overpricing the stuff like how other places do. I got some pieces from there today.

It's fun watching their instagram and seeing what new stuff they are going to be getting.

I doubt this stuff is sustainable fashion but I really want to start being more conscious about that. Just when I see appropriate clothing that will actually fit me, I just have to get it because it's hard to find stuff. Even most Abayas are too short on me a lot of the time. It's such a mission finding abayas, skirts or dresses. This places stuff is a decent length.

Leave a comment:

• Letsbehumble
    replied
    Hey hey sisters,

this is my first time posting on this forum. I love shopping even though most of my "shopping" is just window shopping lol.
    I wanted to ask has anyone ever made DIY creams or body butters. I want to try it out but I'm scared i might just ruin good ingredients. I'm just over putting chemicals on my skin :(

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUsernameIs... View Post

I was walking through my local shopping centre once and some random Asian guy walked past and gave me thumbs up and said cheer up LOL

I'm not very stylish so I just stick to 'safe' colours ...sometimes i want to feel pretty in something more colorful but I just can't pull it off and look clownish instead
    I like to include some colour, otherwise it looks dirty like I'm wearing the same clothes

if you have the figure, the features, you can wear anything, even the most ugliest dress will look good

Me on the other hand, I look like daddi jee with my long skirts

I like to feel smart but there's nothing decent that suits me

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

Yes depends on your features too .... i have medium olive skin but definitely don't have soft features so pastels look too washed out on me
    my complexion is light brown but tans slightly during the summer and I often look pale like I'm ill
    I don't have a fair complexion so I don't know what category I go under including the undertones
    ​​​​​ I hate shopping for foundations and concealers, they are either too orange, too light or too dark which makes me look odd

Leave a comment:

• MyUsernameIs...
    replied
    Originally posted by Flawed View Post

Depends on your skintone. I've seen pastel colours suit women with both fair and dark skintones. I personally suit them.
    Yes depends on your features too .... i have medium olive skin but definitely don't have soft features so pastels look too washed out on me

Leave a comment:

• MyUsernameIs...
    replied
    Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

I generally struggle finding outfits that look flattering on me
    Nothing suits me, black makes look so miserable and anything to bright makes me look like I just got off the boat, with all due respect, people do have certain stereotypes attached and I don't want any attached to me

just want to feel good

The other day someone jokingly said, smile or I won't let you in, and I thought whoah, I didn't even realize I was looking like miserable Mona Lisa

I was walking through my local shopping centre once and some random Asian guy walked past and gave me thumbs up and said cheer up LOL

I'm not very stylish so I just stick to 'safe' colours ...sometimes i want to feel pretty in something more colorful but I just can't pull it off and look clownish instead

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Can't find a solution to get stains off my chiffon scarves

I prefer wearing them because they don't get bobbly like others scarves and I like washing my scarves after each use

I tried again fairy liquid, baking soda, stain remover and sprays but nothing seems to work

Leave a comment:

• Flawed
    replied
    I look hideous in pastel shades. I find they generally don't suit south asians very much unless you have soft features

Only black seems to look half decent on me hence why I'm always dressed like death
    Depends on your skintone. I've seen pastel colours suit women with both fair and dark skintones. I personally suit them.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    I look hideous in pastel shades. I find they generally don't suit south asians very much unless you have soft features

Only black seems to look half decent on me hence why I'm always dressed like death

I generally struggle finding outfits that look flattering on me
    Nothing suits me, black makes look so miserable and anything to bright makes me look like I just got off the boat, with all due respect, people do have certain stereotypes attached and I don't want any attached to me

just want to feel good

The other day someone jokingly said, smile or I won't let you in, and I thought whoah, I didn't even realize I was looking like miserable Mona Lisa

Leave a comment:

• MyUsernameIs...
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

Pastels or old never. I've worn them since I was 16.
    They don't suit me, makes me look washed out and ages me lol

Leave a comment:

• Flawed
    replied

In the past, pastles were considered for older women
    seems to be on trend now with the youngsters
    Pastels or old never. I've worn them since I was 16.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

I ordered mint trousers hehe need the brightness looks cool
    In the past, pastles were considered for older women
    seems to be on trend now with the youngsters

Leave a comment:

• Flawed
    replied
    Loving that mint/sage colour
    I don't tend to go for pastels but have got some pastel nail polish

@Usernametaken

Finally got a hair shampoo nothing lol
    Alhamdullilah
    I ordered mint trousers hehe need the brightness looks cool

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X