Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flawed
    replied
    What you think of purple blushes and lipsticks?

Leave a comment:

• Creamcake
    replied
    nvm
    Last edited by Creamcake; 22-06-21, 10:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Creamcake
    replied
    Originally posted by aelmo View Post

I’ve heard that accutane shouldn’t be prescribed to people who have mental illnesses but my dermatologist says that she’s never heard of that before. Apparently you shouldn’t take it if you are trying to get pregnant which is a bit weird but they make you sign a waver if your going to. I wouldn’t recommend taking that one either.
    Yeah its a very strong medicine and should only be taken by people who need it.

Leave a comment:

• Creamcake
    replied
    Originally posted by Purplehyacinth View Post

You might want to look into Indian Clay mask, I've heard reallly good things about it :)
    Thanks sis, I'll have a look :)

Leave a comment:

• Purplehyacinth
    replied
    Originally posted by Creamcake View Post

Thanks a lot. Differin sounds familiar think ive been prescribed that before. Alhamdulillaah. Thats a good idea cos you may not have known about the cholestorel otherwise. Ive heard of accutane(if its the one im thinking of)i think they only prescribe it here in very extreme/severe cases due some really strong side effects. I know in US derms work very differently and they prescribe things a lot easier than in the UK. I did see this female on youtube who had really bad scarring acne pigmentation etc a few years ago and then meds creams etc and its cleared up and the transformation was incredible, Alhamdulillaah. Alhamdulillaah mine isnt that extreme but do need to sort out scarring and pigmentation InshaaAllaah

i was gonna post a few more things on this thread but they're personal so will wait until access to sisters section InshaaAllaah.

JazaakAllaahu khairan for the info, I really appreciate it.
    You might want to look into Indian Clay mask, I've heard reallly good things about it :)

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied
    Thanks a lot. Differin sounds familiar think ive been prescribed that before. Alhamdulillaah. Thats a good idea cos you may not have known about the cholestorel otherwise. Ive heard of accutane(if its the one im thinking of)i think they only prescribe it here in very extreme/severe cases due some really strong side effects. I know in US derms work very differently and they prescribe things a lot easier than in the UK. I did see this female on youtube who had really bad scarring acne pigmentation etc a few years ago and then meds creams etc and its cleared up and the transformation was incredible, Alhamdulillaah. Alhamdulillaah mine isnt that extreme but do need to sort out scarring and pigmentation InshaaAllaah
    i was gonna post a few more things on this thread but they're personal so will wait until access to sisters section InshaaAllaah.
    I’ve heard that accutane shouldn’t be prescribed to people who have mental illnesses but my dermatologist says that she’s never heard of that before. Apparently you shouldn’t take it if you are trying to get pregnant which is a bit weird but they make you sign a waver if your going to. I wouldn’t recommend taking that one either.

Leave a comment:

• Creamcake
    replied

It’s called tetralysal. The doctor also gave me a tonic thing and a gel. I think one of them was called differin. I guess it all contributed to fixing the problem but the medicine definitely helped with the acne and shrinking pores.

im not to sure about scaring and different skin tones but if your consistent with all the stuff then I think it should be fine.

also make sure your doctor does a blood test on you before hand so that you will know all your stats In case anything changes because of it.

trtralysal is the mild stuff that you should start with, they might want to put you on a medication called acutane but it’s a lot stronger and will really dry out your skin. If the first one doesn’t work then try acutane

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied

Thanks, not put off medication but i go to a derm and they only prescribe cream that is supposed to help with acne. But not scarring etc. Scarring and pigmentation is generally worse/harder to get rid off in certain skin colours, so that may be why too. Was the medication designed to get rid of the acne and then scarring etc went too or was it aimed at both? cos i know with some ppl(espec if fairer skinned too) that when acne goes, getting rid of pigmentation/scars isn't necessarily as hard. What was the name of the medication? so i can look into it and ask my derm next time InshaaAllaah. Only been offered cream to apply but not for the pigmentation/scarring. And same.. was relatively clear(on face) prior to this
    It’s called tetralysal. The doctor also gave me a tonic thing and a gel. I think one of them was called differin. I guess it all contributed to fixing the problem but the medicine definitely helped with the acne and shrinking pores.

im not to sure about scaring and different skin tones but if your consistent with all the stuff then I think it should be fine.

also make sure your doctor does a blood test on you before hand so that you will know all your stats In case anything changes because of it.

trtralysal is the mild stuff that you should start with, they might want to put you on a medication called acutane but it’s a lot stronger and will really dry out your skin. If the first one doesn’t work then try acutane

Leave a comment:

• Creamcake
    replied

I tried so many different things but the only thing that ever worked was medication from the dermatologist. It completely took away everything and a lot of the scaring. NOTHING else worked.

This was also the medicine that supposedly increased my cholesterol levels but at least it did its job quickly. Within a couple weeks of using it I noticed a major difference and after the 3 month treatment it was completely gone for a long time.

I went through a bit of a stressful period in recent months so I feel like that triggered more breakouts so that's what made me take the medicine again but before that time, my skin was very clear after years of dealing with acne and trying so many things.

I know some people might be put off by using medication and yes there could be side effects like what happened to me (it doesn't happen to everyone though), but if you want something that will work fast then that's a good option. I have not used anything else that came even close to the same results. The price of having good skin.
    Thanks, not put off medication but i go to a derm and they only prescribe cream that is supposed to help with acne. But not scarring etc. Scarring and pigmentation is generally worse/harder to get rid off in certain skin colours, so that may be why too. Was the medication designed to get rid of the acne and then scarring etc went too or was it aimed at both? cos i know with some ppl(espec if fairer skinned too) that when acne goes, getting rid of pigmentation/scars isn't necessarily as hard. What was the name of the medication? so i can look into it and ask my derm next time InshaaAllaah. Only been offered cream to apply but not for the pigmentation/scarring. And same.. was relatively clear(on face) prior to this

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied
    I got nike Air Force 1's the other day and first of all, why the heck are nike's so expensive???

I bought my TA air Jordans before too because she liked them and they were way to much for my liking but she's my TA so I had to. I thought they were expensive because they were Jordans but apparently all their shoes are like that.

Anyways when I wore them to work today like 4 people pointed and where like "Air Force 1!!!!" Lol.

I thought this was just some generic shoe but apparently not. I feel so on trend

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied
    Do any sisters here suffer with acne (the type that scars/pigments I mean), and if so, anything you have used to combat the scars/pigmentations/marks that has helped? In theory I have all this stuff but a part of me is worried it wont work, ofcourse gotta make duaa too and know that Allaah is the only healer, if He wills through that and the product etc. But yeah if anyone has been through it, would be good to hear. I try not to worry too much and tell myself, there are actually operations to help with skin repair and stuff.
    I also don't want to complain cos I know a lot of people have worse issues, and others are worse so I dont want to be ungrateful, Alhamdulillaah. But it can make one so conscious and really affects self esteem, especially on ones face (I never used to get it on face only other areas but past year or so, its come on face too).
    I tried so many different things but the only thing that ever worked was medication from the dermatologist. It completely took away everything and a lot of the scaring. NOTHING else worked.

This was also the medicine that supposedly increased my cholesterol levels but at least it did its job quickly. Within a couple weeks of using it I noticed a major difference and after the 3 month treatment it was completely gone for a long time.

I went through a bit of a stressful period in recent months so I feel like that triggered more breakouts so that's what made me take the medicine again but before that time, my skin was very clear after years of dealing with acne and trying so many things.

I know some people might be put off by using medication and yes there could be side effects like what happened to me (it doesn't happen to everyone though), but if you want something that will work fast then that's a good option. I have not used anything else that came even close to the same results. The price of having good skin.

Leave a comment:

• Creamcake
    replied
    Do any sisters here suffer with acne (the type that scars/pigments I mean), and if so, anything you have used to combat the scars/pigmentations/marks that has helped? In theory I have all this stuff but a part of me is worried it wont work, ofcourse gotta make duaa too and know that Allaah is the only healer, if He wills through that and the product etc. But yeah if anyone has been through it, would be good to hear. I try not to worry too much and tell myself, there are actually operations to help with skin repair and stuff.
    I also don't want to complain cos I know a lot of people have worse issues, and others are worse so I dont want to be ungrateful, Alhamdulillaah. But it can make one so conscious and really affects self esteem, especially on ones face (I never used to get it on face only other areas but past year or so, its come on face too).

Leave a comment:

• Creamcake
    replied
    Another thing, I don't know if any sisters suffer from alopecia, but its something I've had to look into, and peppermint oil a very small amount mixed with an oil such as jojoba oil can Inshaa'Allaah help. You wouldn't apply a lot though and would need to build it up cos some people can be sensitive to peppermint oil, so I'm going to start with once a week (if affecting anyone, please let me know, cos I don't want to confuse anyone and will give proper instructions Inshaa'Allaah). There have been studies online where it was more effective than for example something called regaine, which is the only medical thing on the market to supposedly help with certain types of hair loss (such as female pattern hair loss/androgetic alopecia)

Leave a comment:

• Creamcake
    replied
    Originally posted by Letsbehumble View Post
    Hey hey sisters,

this is my first time posting on this forum. I love shopping even though most of my "shopping" is just window shopping lol.
    I wanted to ask has anyone ever made DIY creams or body butters. I want to try it out but I'm scared i might just ruin good ingredients. I'm just over putting chemicals on my skin :(
    I've not made before but there are recipes online about how to make natural ones, have you had a look? I completely understand what you mean about being over putting chemicals on your skin, I feel the same, especially as I have sensitive skin that is acne prone and I have scars/pigmentation etc from this. I've realised most of the store products even if termed 'natural' have so many ingredients, some of which are dangerous for skin. For most people who don't have sensitive or acne prone skin they would be okay, but I want to explore natural alternatives to things. I bought a big tub of unrefined shea butter, rose water, manuka honey, rosehil oil,(all much cheaper than even the cheap store products because less convenient to do it yourself I think) and want to start using them as cleanser, moisturiser etc Inshaa' Allaah, I do not use any products at the moment, had to stop due to irritation.

For example, did y'all know if you mix paracetomal with water its basically salicylic acid? Much cheaper too, mix with honey and slather on face, for stuff like pigmentation/scars, Inshaa' Allaah. I've heard good things about vitamin E oil and vitamin C, but got enough that I need to start using (Above) so not going to get anything else for new, otherwise stuff will end up getting wasted.

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied
    Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

Ohhh yellow is very unique, nail polish yeh but scarf..

I wouldn't dare
    I'd look like a rotten banana

​​​​
    Its just such a happy color but it wasn't for me

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X