X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aelmo
    replied
    Originally posted by usernametaken View Post
    I truly feel like I will feel like my true self when I get into girly things but then I feel bad because it’s haram
    You can be girly without wearing makeup.

It shouldn't be something you rely on or need to make you feel a certain kind of way. There are other things that you can do to make yourself more girly if that's how you want to be.

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    Need to attend a family wedding but don’t have a makeup artist.
    so I had to buy some make up.

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    I truly feel like I will feel like my true self when I get into girly things but then I feel bad because it’s haram

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    Salah*

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    I don’t know how other religious sisters find it but I’m sure not this bad lol

plenty have sisters only parties and so on
    some just don’t get affected

but there’s some that do

I’m wanna be religious due to struggling with salary but I still try with make up

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    I went to buy some make up and tell me why I felt like a tranny forcing themselves to buy make up lol

let me explain

like I once saw a man looking at lashes and thought he’s weird because he was

and it’s like I related more to an imposter (not him obvs) than an average sister

this is what happens when you follow the rules and don’t buy make up because spending money makes no sense, you lose touch with your girly self. (Ok it’s not that serious)

but mentally this stuff really affects you

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    Mentally it does affect me

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    I need to find a balance without haram

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

I don't bother wearing a new dress :/

It's been like that for the majority of my life, I know it sounds awful but it's mainly the food prep and meal that makes the day Eid.

I'm not saying we need to go crazy and party out or anything like that but I just keep it simple although I'd encourage people to put their best clothes on
    Being in the kitchen with a new dress doesn't appeal to me so I'd rather wear my normal clothes and do the chores

if it was upto me, it would be nice to go to a restaurant (a nice clean one, I really those ugly decor ones, makes me gag and I'm fussy with how my meal is prepared etc) so that would actually make me a bit more enthusiastic and give a reason to get dressed up

Dressing up requires effort me, when I dress up and it doesn't look good, that's my energy wasted

I’ve worn old clothes for eid and often do this at weddings mostly. It’s a really bad look to everyone else.

I actually think dressing up is fun, but there’s a lot of restrictions due to halal and haram

so you have to sacrifice

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied
    Originally posted by islamuslim View Post

and a lot cheaper too!
    yup!

Leave a comment:

• islamuslim
    replied
    Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post

It would be so much easier to go to a muslim country like turkey or dubai and shop, shop, shop..
    And a lot cheaper too!

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied

Hmm I'm not sure tbh but I read that it's soft, breathable and doesn't require ironing so that's good.
    It would be so much easier to go to a muslim country like turkey or dubai and shop, shop, shop..

Leave a comment:

• islamuslim
    replied

Some of them are really beautiful and simple Allahumma baarik Is crépe a good fabric?
    Hmm I'm not sure tbh but I read that it's soft, breathable and doesn't require ironing so that's good.

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied

https://khaleej-boutique.com/en
    They have really nice ones but they're a bit pricey with shipping + customs costs

I found something similar on AliExpress. I was skeptical at first about the material but I just got it and alhamdulillah I love it, it's super soft, loose and flowy (without the belt). And it's half the price of the khaleeji abayas.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqJyJon
    Some of them are really beautiful and simple Allahumma baarik Is crépe a good fabric?

Leave a comment:

• islamuslim
    replied
    I want to buy abayas made out of soft material..kinda like the khaleeji style ones..can't seem to find them online. They are either too fancy looking or too expensive..just want a plain simple one..
    It would be nice if they had them in different colors..

Hmm
    https://khaleej-boutique.com/en
    They have really nice ones but they're a bit pricey with shipping + customs costs

I found something similar on AliExpress. I was skeptical at first about the material but I just got it and alhamdulillah I love it, it's super soft, loose and flowy (without the belt). And it's half the price of the khaleeji abayas.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqJyJon

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X