X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• islamuslim
    replied
    Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post

It would be so much easier to go to a muslim country like turkey or dubai and shop, shop, shop..
    And a lot cheaper too!

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied
    Originally posted by islamuslim View Post

Hmm I'm not sure tbh but I read that it's soft, breathable and doesn't require ironing so that's good.
    It would be so much easier to go to a muslim country like turkey or dubai and shop, shop, shop..

Leave a comment:

• islamuslim
    replied

Some of them are really beautiful and simple Allahumma baarik Is crépe a good fabric?
    Hmm I'm not sure tbh but I read that it's soft, breathable and doesn't require ironing so that's good.

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied
    Originally posted by islamuslim View Post

https://khaleej-boutique.com/en
    They have really nice ones but they're a bit pricey with shipping + customs costs

I found something similar on AliExpress. I was skeptical at first about the material but I just got it and alhamdulillah I love it, it's super soft, loose and flowy (without the belt). And it's half the price of the khaleeji abayas.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqJyJon
    Some of them are really beautiful and simple Allahumma baarik Is crépe a good fabric?

Leave a comment:

• islamuslim
    replied
    I want to buy abayas made out of soft material..kinda like the khaleeji style ones..can't seem to find them online. They are either too fancy looking or too expensive..just want a plain simple one..
    It would be nice if they had them in different colors..

Hmm
    https://khaleej-boutique.com/en
    They have really nice ones but they're a bit pricey with shipping + customs costs

I found something similar on AliExpress. I was skeptical at first about the material but I just got it and alhamdulillah I love it, it's super soft, loose and flowy (without the belt). And it's half the price of the khaleeji abayas.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqJyJon

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied
    I want to buy abayas made out of soft material..kinda like the khaleeji style ones..can't seem to find them online. They are either too fancy looking or too expensive..just want a plain simple one..
    It would be nice if they had them in different colors..

Hmm

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Originally posted by aelmo View Post

I love bags so much. I love the tiny kind that can basically only hold your phone and a little wallet. They are so impractical but they are just so cute.

My hair needs to be blowdried. It looks terrible if I don't. I was going to just get the regular supersonic one but this one comes with so much more stuff and it regulates the temperature so your hair isn't exposed to extreme heat. I can also dry and curl all my hair in like 20 minutes. Its my new favorite thing
    It is nice and funky
    I just faff around with small bags so practically it's not helpful for me

I'm a little unorganised so I'd need some space

I saw a lipstick bag, tiny with a chain, useless but nice lol

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied
    Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

I've got cosmetic bags that look like lunch boxes
    I wish I had the organisation/space for an actual storage desk (whatever it's called)

So I can organise my items, I've ended up gathering a few of these bags

The airwrap looks good but not something I want, I air dry my hair unless it's getting late and I need it to dry quick
    I love bags so much. I love the tiny kind that can basically only hold your phone and a little wallet. They are so impractical but they are just so cute.

My hair needs to be blowdried. It looks terrible if I don't. I was going to just get the regular supersonic one but this one comes with so much more stuff and it regulates the temperature so your hair isn't exposed to extreme heat. I can also dry and curl all my hair in like 20 minutes. Its my new favorite thing

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Originally posted by aelmo View Post
    I got my airwrap!!! My life has improved because of it.

I normally don’t like to wash my hair everyday but it’s just so fun and easy to use that I have changed my whole hair washing regime just to use it.

Today I also got some super cute bags. One of them looks like a lunch box. Lol.
    I've got cosmetic bags that look like lunch boxes
    I wish I had the organisation/space for an actual storage desk (whatever it's called)

So I can organise my items, I've ended up gathering a few of these bags

The airwrap looks good but not something I want, I air dry my hair unless it's getting late and I need it to dry quick

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Originally posted by usernametaken View Post
    In regards to eid clothes, for sisters who don’t wear any or extremely minimal makeup, HOW do you feel positive about dressing up for eid? I don’t even feel like i dress up for eid anymore and I never enjoy it. I won’t lie most Asians like eid because they get to dress up, everything else is just a boring routine or visiting relatives which is nothing out of the norm.

this really does bother me. I’ve been very disciplined and non emotional or non ranting about this I just accept it but I can’t ignore that it really does make me feel like this.
    i never feel freshly dressed on eid. Let alone weddings but that’s not that deep, Yh you might not get complimented when others do but that’s whatever
    I don't bother wearing a new dress :/

It's been like that for the majority of my life, I know it sounds awful but it's mainly the food prep and meal that makes the day Eid.

I'm not saying we need to go crazy and party out or anything like that but I just keep it simple although I'd encourage people to put their best clothes on
    Being in the kitchen with a new dress doesn't appeal to me so I'd rather wear my normal clothes and do the chores

if it was upto me, it would be nice to go to a restaurant (a nice clean one, I really those ugly decor ones, makes me gag and I'm fussy with how my meal is prepared etc) so that would actually make me a bit more enthusiastic and give a reason to get dressed up

Dressing up requires effort me, when I dress up and it doesn't look good, that's my energy wasted

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    In regards to eid clothes, for sisters who don’t wear any or extremely minimal makeup, HOW do you feel positive about dressing up for eid? I don’t even feel like i dress up for eid anymore and I never enjoy it. I won’t lie most Asians like eid because they get to dress up, everything else is just a boring routine or visiting relatives which is nothing out of the norm.

this really does bother me. I’ve been very disciplined and non emotional or non ranting about this I just accept it but I can’t ignore that it really does make me feel like this.
    i never feel freshly dressed on eid. Let alone weddings but that’s not that deep, Yh you might not get complimented when others do but that’s whatever

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied
    I got my airwrap!!! My life has improved because of it.

I normally don’t like to wash my hair everyday but it’s just so fun and easy to use that I have changed my whole hair washing regime just to use it.

Today I also got some super cute bags. One of them looks like a lunch box. Lol.

Leave a comment:

• Purplehyacinth
    replied

Water is pure and when mixed with oil for example, both have different structures which don't mix
    It's all just gimmick in my opinion with the halal nail polish to get consumers to buy it

I don't trust it

​​​​​​

I don't trust it either tbh.

There's a nail polish in the form of henna, but coloured. Haven't tried it yet, but seems practical: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1026...active_1&crt=1

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Originally posted by Flawed View Post

Inshallah im going to wear it and not remove it and see how it goes. And if it does peel off then i guess it isnt water proof 😂 but most importantly water goes through it so therefore we dont need to remove it for wudhu?
    Water is pure and when mixed with oil for example, both have different structures which don't mix
    It's all just gimmick in my opinion with the halal nail polish to get consumers to buy it

I don't trust it

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Flawed
    replied

Update me on how it goes

Personally not too bothered about applying polish and even if I did try out the halal polish, I wouldn't rely on it, I'd have to take it off to pray
    it's not worth it

I applied lilac polish last night and to my surprise it actually looks nice (well in my eyes)

I was would never wear these types of colours but I suppose I like the look of them now
    Inshallah im going to wear it and not remove it and see how it goes. And if it does peel off then i guess it isnt water proof 😂 but most importantly water goes through it so therefore we dont need to remove it for wudhu?

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X