replied
    Originally posted by Flawed View Post
    Anyone here?
    Im here!

Leave a comment:

• Flawed
    replied
    Anyone here?
    Last edited by Flawed; 21-07-21, 10:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Flawed
    replied
    I'm actually shy offline, i realised.

Online, when I make a point and a narc tries to annoy me i get mean back but I've realised that it's a horrible habit to keep and at the end of the day the narcs are doing their job so let them be the nasty one as they wish to.

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied
    Originally posted by usernametaken View Post

I don’t Rey on make up at all to feel good
    i don’t even wear a hint of make up except for minimal (no one knows I’m wearing it) on Eid and then on on weddings I’ve given into pressure to wear it only on close ones where someone is booked to do make up.

it’s just a part of my personality I feel kind of sad about that I didn’t get to grow from lol

mainly low Iman that causes a constant feeling of not feeling like make up can fill up something. Maybe that is a delusion, it probably is. When you submit to what Allah says then the reality is make up won’t fill that ‘void’ so it probably is a delusion, I will just jump to something else as there will be another problem. That was a good realisation

What other ways can someone be ‘girly’ without makeup? My mind is set on make up clearly

I was just speaking generally. I didn't mean you as in you lol.

Personally a lot of my core interests are not considered girly and honestly I don't enjoy doing a lot of traditionally girly things.

With that being said just because some may not do or enjoy (like in my case) traditionally girly things it doesn't mean that you cant still present yourself in a feminine way.

The way you carry yourself, the way you speak, cleanliness, clothes all come to mind aside from make up.

When I was younger I used to feel very insecure and felt like I would die if I didn't wear eyeliner Its actually very funny to think about it now because never in a million years would I ever put eyeliner on my waterline now but it took years for me to realize that makeup isn't the only thing to do to make you girly or look good, there is so much more too it then that.

prepare yourself because I am going to say something extremely cringy right now. Makeup makes a pretty face but it doesn't make a pretty heart

There I said it! You can ignore me forever if you want to after that. I would! lol

I just think that in order to be girly and feminine you need more than surface level things. Especially as muslim women. Looking presentable is important but being kind and having good character is just as, if not more important.

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    Originally posted by aelmo View Post

You can be girly without wearing makeup.

It shouldn't be something you rely on or need to make you feel a certain kind of way. There are other things that you can do to make yourself more girly if that's how you want to be.

I don’t Rey on make up at all to feel good
    i don’t even wear a hint of make up except for minimal (no one knows I’m wearing it) on Eid and then on on weddings I’ve given into pressure to wear it only on close ones where someone is booked to do make up.

it’s just a part of my personality I feel kind of sad about that I didn’t get to grow from lol

mainly low Iman that causes a constant feeling of not feeling like make up can fill up something. Maybe that is a delusion, it probably is. When you submit to what Allah says then the reality is make up won’t fill that ‘void’ so it probably is a delusion, I will just jump to something else as there will be another problem. That was a good realisation

What other ways can someone be ‘girly’ without makeup? My mind is set on make up clearly

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied
    Originally posted by usernametaken View Post
    I truly feel like I will feel like my true self when I get into girly things but then I feel bad because it’s haram
    You can be girly without wearing makeup.

It shouldn't be something you rely on or need to make you feel a certain kind of way. There are other things that you can do to make yourself more girly if that's how you want to be.

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    Need to attend a family wedding but don’t have a makeup artist.
    so I had to buy some make up.

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    I truly feel like I will feel like my true self when I get into girly things but then I feel bad because it’s haram

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    Salah*

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    I don’t know how other religious sisters find it but I’m sure not this bad lol

plenty have sisters only parties and so on
    some just don’t get affected

but there’s some that do

I’m wanna be religious due to struggling with salary but I still try with make up

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    I went to buy some make up and tell me why I felt like a tranny forcing themselves to buy make up lol

let me explain

like I once saw a man looking at lashes and thought he’s weird because he was

and it’s like I related more to an imposter (not him obvs) than an average sister

this is what happens when you follow the rules and don’t buy make up because spending money makes no sense, you lose touch with your girly self. (Ok it’s not that serious)

but mentally this stuff really affects you

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    Mentally it does affect me

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    I need to find a balance without haram

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

I don't bother wearing a new dress :/

It's been like that for the majority of my life, I know it sounds awful but it's mainly the food prep and meal that makes the day Eid.

I'm not saying we need to go crazy and party out or anything like that but I just keep it simple although I'd encourage people to put their best clothes on
    Being in the kitchen with a new dress doesn't appeal to me so I'd rather wear my normal clothes and do the chores

if it was upto me, it would be nice to go to a restaurant (a nice clean one, I really those ugly decor ones, makes me gag and I'm fussy with how my meal is prepared etc) so that would actually make me a bit more enthusiastic and give a reason to get dressed up

Dressing up requires effort me, when I dress up and it doesn't look good, that's my energy wasted

I’ve worn old clothes for eid and often do this at weddings mostly. It’s a really bad look to everyone else.

I actually think dressing up is fun, but there’s a lot of restrictions due to halal and haram

so you have to sacrifice

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied
    Originally posted by islamuslim View Post

and a lot cheaper too!
    yup!

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X