Shopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flawed View Post

Ohh lol. Ill have a look at it inshaAllah. Do you use oils and serums?
    I mostly use aloe Vera gel and vitamin e serum from superdrug.
    ​​​​​​
    What about you?

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post

I do actually. There is this youtuber called Tati who made a palette and I swear throes shadows are absolutely amazing. I’ve never used eyeshadow that blended that well in my life. It’s such a random choice but it’s really good.

The colors are also paired in columns and each row has a different type of eye shadow so it just makes it easier to put looks together.

it’s an excellent pallet
      Oh nice. I'll have a look at it inshaAllah sounds great. I love experimenting with eyeshadows. I either put dark shadows on my eyelids and a lighter shade on the crease and sometimes I use a light shade for my lids and a dark shade for my crease area.

Idk why but I love orange and red tones.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
        I mostly use aloe Vera gel and vitamin e serum from superdrug.
        ​​​​​​
        What about you?
        Nice. I use olive oil currently. I went into superdrugs the other day and they had little bottles of different oils and peels and etc not sure how effective they are but they're so popular.

Comment

Originally posted by usernametaken View Post
          General question, does anyone shop at shein/romwe/zaful/ali express?
          I have once and it was such a disappointment because I thought I found something modest with a good range
          I should have paid more attention to the fabric description

The dresses I got were made from cheap fabric I might aswell make a dress out of a plastic bag LOL

I gave one to my sister, the other two I'll have to make use of as too late to return, ordered it in 2019

​​​​​​
          they do have nice designs but hard to tell if it will be any good as most seem to be see through
          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
            Good thread.

Has anyone tried the Alya Skincare range. Is it good or just over hyped???
            Nope
            I don't think I've ever heard of that one
            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

I've kind of fallen out with makeup but only because I know what I like now and don't feel the need to explore anymore.

I recently got my second peach glow palette by too faced from Sephora. Yes I have gone through a whole other palette.

This will probably reveal what a ghost I am but every color in there seems to work perfectly for me. The bronzer is even a good contour shade for me

And it smells like peaches so yeah I love it.
              I brought the loreal peach blush last year and was expecting it to smell nice and peachy but it didn't lol

Comment

Nars blushes are nice especially dolce vita and the o.. x.
                I have never tried Nars
                I want to try their concealer

Comment

Originally posted by MyUsernameIs... View Post
                  I think we have the same basket for our makeup Ya'sin. I like it because its not too deep so i can easily see my make up.

My favourite makeup is undoubtedly mascara but yeah I cba with taking it off. The thought of it puts me off wearing it in the first place. Haven't worn mascara in months now though because I keep getting stye infections :/

For the past 2 years I have fallen IN LOVE with lipsticks. For some reason I just never ever wore lipstick my whole life. I would cake my face then just wear vaseline lol
                  And now I'm like how have I been missing out on this my whole life??!!
                  ​​
                  What kind of lip colours do you go for and what is your favourite brand

You could be sensitive to those mascaras or time to chuck them away, some have 3 months expiry date once open

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

What kind of lip colours do you go for and what is your favourite brand

You could be sensitive to those mascaras or time to chuck them away, some have 3 months expiry date once open
                    Usually nude pink tones, have a few slightly darker shades all in pink.
                    Don't have a favourite brand as such but my fave lipsticks are Maybelline - Mauve for me and Bourjois matte cream in nudist (gorgeous color)​​​​​.
                    If I had to pick a brand it would probably be Maybelline for lipsticks.

I don't think its mascara that causes the styes as I haven't worn mascara in months now and I've still had recurring infections. Most likely is a faulty eyelash follicle.
                    I miss wearing mascara :(

Comment

Originally posted by MyUsernameIs... View Post

Usually nude pink tones, have a few slightly darker shades all in pink.
                      Don't have a favourite brand as such but my fave lipsticks are Maybelline - Mauve for me and Bourjois matte cream in nudist (gorgeous color)​​​​​.
                      If I had to pick a brand it would probably be Maybelline for lipsticks.

I don't think its mascara that causes the styes as I haven't worn mascara in months now and I've still had recurring infections. Most likely is a faulty eyelash follicle.
                      I miss wearing mascara :(
                      Oh no :(

I hope it gets better in sha Allah

I'm the same with lip colour

I once had a girl ask me if it's my natural lip colour, I was like, dude now, I have elf lip balm on LOL it doesn't look like I have lipstick on but it really gives it that complete look
                      The elf one is in a shiny silver metal case

I have the bourjois in other colours but those are the colours that I always wanted but they were ALWAYS out of stock

Eventually every shop discontinued selling them

My sister managed to get those colours and it suits her well
                      I think those colours will suit every tone (we both have different tones)

I have a few brown lipstick, but I only got them thinking I could mix it and thought I could create a more orangey, terracotta colour, but still to dark

Dark lips age me so much

I don't mind berry/plum shades though

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

I brought the loreal peach blush last year and was expecting it to smell nice and peachy but it didn't lol
                        I haven’t seen that one.

the too faced one smells lovely. Actually all their stuff smells pretty good. Their chocolate soleil (I think that’s how it’s spelt) smells like cocoa 😊

Comment

Oh nice. I'll have a look at it inshaAllah sounds great. I love experimenting with eyeshadows. I either put dark shadows on my eyelids and a lighter shade on the crease and sometimes I use a light shade for my lids and a dark shade for my crease area.

Idk why but I love orange and red tones.
                          I don’t really wear any eyeshadow. I feel like I just like enhancing my features rather then being experimental. Idk why I just feel like I look so overdone when I put a lot of eyeshadow on.

ive really changed when it comes to make up. I think I’ve just become a lot more confident in how I look so I don’t feel the need to wear it anymore. That was a very drastic shift for me because I used to be very obsessed with make up.

but I still do sometimes for fun. I love peachey and orange shades too but I am told that red suits me even though I don’t really gravitate towards it. It’s weird cause any time I wear my red hijab my coworkers always compliment me and I’m just like “uh I hate wearing this” lol.

Actually do you or anyone else here wear colorful hijabs or do you just wear black all the time?

I wear black 90% of the time but I recently started wearing light pink and I noticed that green looks pretty good on me too. But I am still a slave to my black ones 🤣

Comment

I don’t really wear any eyeshadow. I feel like I just like enhancing my features rather then being experimental. Idk why I just feel like I look so overdone when I put a lot of eyeshadow on.

ive really changed when it comes to make up. I think I’ve just become a lot more confident in how I look so I don’t feel the need to wear it anymore. That was a very drastic shift for me because I used to be very obsessed with make up.

but I still do sometimes for fun. I love peachey and orange shades too but I am told that red suits me even though I don’t really gravitate towards it. It’s weird cause any time I wear my red hijab my coworkers always compliment me and I’m just like “uh I hate wearing this” lol.

Actually do you or anyone else here wear colorful hijabs or do you just wear black all the time?

I wear black 90% of the time but I recently started wearing light pink and I noticed that green looks pretty good on me too. But I am still a slave to my black ones 🤣
                            I wear makeup for the fun of it. Tbh I dont even wear to enhance my looks even lol. Alhamdulillah I like my natural looks so I've never really had any issues in the looks department and because of that I've never been into into makeup. I only wear it because its fun and I love shimmery stuff hehe.

Yes I wear pink or purple hijabs most of the times I dont hardly wear black actually I dont think I've ever really worn black. I've worn brown and grey though.

BTW what material hijab best suits you or you prefer to wear? i like cottons I've tried wearing modal and Jersey and they not all that for me.

Comment

I wear makeup for the fun of it. Tbh I dont even wear to enhance my looks even lol. Alhamdulillah I like my natural looks so I've never really had any issues in the looks department and because of that I've never been into into makeup. I only wear it because its fun and I love shimmery stuff hehe.

Yes I wear pink or purple hijabs most of the times I dont hardly wear black actually I dont think I've ever really worn black. I've worn brown and grey though.

BTW what material hijab best suits you or you prefer to wear? i like cottons I've tried wearing modal and Jersey and they not all that for me.
                              oooo now I want that face reveal even more!

I don't know anything about materials. Lol. I've actually been wearing the hijab for like 10 years now and I still haven't figured out what suits me. I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that if I am going to wear the hijab properly then I am just always going to look like a baby. Its just the shape of my face gets hidden while wearing it and I just look so round. OMG when I came back to school after quarantine someone thought I was 15 I HATE THAT!!! IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME!!!! but it cant be helped. Modesty is more important.

I almost always dress like I'm going to a funeral. Even though I can see black doesn't look good on me its just so much easier and also I have accepted the fact that I am very goth at heart. Always have been in terms of style

Comment

I’m a slave to black hijabs too! I never wear coloured hijabs everrrrrrrrrr! Well apart from sometimes on Eid when I might wear a nude/pink hijab.

Hanayen in the UAE have the BEST hijabs ever! The material is so so gorgeous and they are so worth it. They are expensive though, £35 for one but worth it. I only ever wear these hijabs now. I can’t wear thick hijabs like jersey i get too uncomfortable and I don’t feel that any other style suits me.
                                https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X