Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by usernametaken View Post
    It really affects quality of life being tired etc
    i hope you find the right iron supplement that works for you, i really benefited from the tablets but the side effects were not so great so dont want to repeat the prescription
    I'm supposed to wash my hair today which feels like the biggest chore, I feel sleepy, didn't sleep well so there's going to be more delays
    Did you say you have tried biotin supplements for hair? I've had the Holland and Barrets one but no difference and I know I have to focus on other things as there other issues. I would love to try the chewy sweet ones but they're more of a marketing gimmick.

Haven't done any household chores, behind on that but will have to give it a miss today, too late in the day to start
    I prefer the chewy easy to swallow supplements that doesn't always require you to have a meal to go along with it

Comment

• Matte vegan nail polish

My review:

(I have only tried a lower end brand, there's the brand Inc. who do a leather effect one).

The results, I'm really impressed with the finish, you only need one coat imo. I wore a mauve colour and it is an actual mauve, hard to find the colour, they usually end up being a different shade of pink and purple. Personally I think the colour suits every skin shade.
      If you are someone who has very little practise with applying nail polish, it will get messy. It turns matte quickly so although it is still wet, you have to wait for it to dry, you will need to work quickly with it for a nice clean finish.

I'm not bothered about the lasting effects, if it chips after a day, I don't mind because I like to try my other colours and take it all off.

P.S I don't always wear nail polish but once in a while to feel better, if I have a little time I will.

Comment

• Back is fragile but let me carry on with nail polish talk

Sally hansen black glitter instant dry
        It's unique, I haven't seen anyone wear this colour. It has glittery chunks that are hard to wipe off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
          Back is fragile but let me carry on with nail polish talk

Sally hansen black glitter instant dry
          It's unique, I haven't seen anyone wear this colour. It has glittery chunks that are hard to wipe off.
          Gosh, I am a sucker for nail polish, manicures, pedicures and the likes. I love the look of glitter even though it is the worst to take off. I still seem to have not learned my lesson and go for a glitter polish from time to time. Give me a good nude color and i am happy as can be
          Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

• Originally posted by Plumeria View Post

Gosh, I am a sucker for nail polish, manicures, pedicures and the likes. I love the look of glitter even though it is the worst to take off. I still seem to have not learned my lesson and go for a glitter polish from time to time. Give me a good nude color and i am happy as can be
            I take it off two days in advance so that it softens up.

Same, I like the nude colours too, mine tend to be on the mauveish side as light pinks look white on my nails and I eat with my hands so it's not the best colour for that.

I prefer cooler tones with my complexion.

Comment

• I think I haven't worn nail varnish in at least 15 if not 20 years. I bought a couple of colours probably in my teens but they weren't that great and I didn't have much understanding or discernment as to what type to buy so I must've bought cheap ones. I think one was a sort of coral colour, it wasn't too bad but wasn't great and I can't even remember about the other one. Anyway, mum had one of those clear nail varnishes that she hardly used and I wondered what's the point as it doesn't have any colour or anything but then after a few years when I developed a bit more understanding and sense of style, I realised it actually looks really nice and suits me so I used that a few times.

Eventually I realised it's a bit of a faff cos I can only really wear it during the monthly cycle otherwise it has to be removed just a few hours later. When I became ill I realised nail polish remover seemed very chemically and seemed to weaken my nails and just wasn't worth the hassle anymore so I stopped using it altogether. I VERY rarely go out or attend special occasions such as weddings (which is the most likely sort of place where I'd put on that sort of thing) so over time I just stopped using it. I'm literally gripping my fingernails remembering the discomfort of that polish remover now- if it weren't for that stuff being so harsh, I might try using the clear polish again but it's unlikely I'd use it more than twice a year (eg on eid or something).
              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• It is a total faff neelu, even though I like it, not something I do regularly.

I like the colours and the collection of some make up items. At times, makes me feel a bit more feminine sometimes and a bit more polished (no pun intended). Some of you know a little bit about my background.

I wanted to add that I haven't tried false nails, I have some stacked away somewhere but those are a lot more effort and less of a therapy and even harder to take off as they'd require soaking.

I had thoughts of having my own salon in the past but that was the extent of it, it wasn't realistic. I like the chemical smell of walking into a salon but it is truly toxic and it's not good for the health. Hence, I am intrigued with the whole natural ones.

I am the only person and the first one in my family that wears it once a month, sometimes I will give it a miss. My sisters and my mum have never worn nail polish.

One of my sister absolutely hates the idea of putting polish on nails and frowns upon it. I understand where she is coming from but it is a little play thing for me when I have the time and energy. I am quick at applying it free hand.

Comment

I take it off two days in advance so that it softens up.

Same, I like the nude colours too, mine tend to be on the mauveish side as light pinks look white on my nails and I eat with my hands so it's not the best colour for that.

I prefer cooler tones with my complexion.
                  I will always admire the look of white nails...from afar. It baffles me when I see desi girls wearing white, like don't you guys eat ethnic foods lol and I have tried white and tried to like it but can't get behind it. I don't have the right skin tone for it, i suppose. That and red. I can't get behind red or i just haven't found the perfect red for me. There are too many shades out there for just one color
                  Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

• Originally posted by Plumeria View Post

I will always admire the look of white nails...from afar. It baffles me when I see desi girls wearing white, like don't you guys eat ethnic foods lol and I have tried white and tried to like it but can't get behind it. I don't have the right skin tone for it, i suppose. That and red. I can't get behind red or i just haven't found the perfect red for me. There are too many shades out there for just one color
                    I've never applied red- maybe if I get married I will in sha Allah because I'd like to, especially the ones with glitter with a wedding vibe to them, otherwise it seems like a very outrageous colour and too out there lol
                    I think some girls eat with cutlery rather than hands when applying white polish. The first time I wore it I didn't take into account that I'd be eating with my hands and next thing I know, it looked terrible.

I do like white but practical wise it's not the colour I reach for, besides I like eating curry with hands, don't want to make a big deal out of it by eating with a fork.

Comment

• People tell me my nails look naturally really good. I don't know how we got on the subject, but one time at the school, some girls were asking each other something like "what's your most attractive feature/best looking part of you?" and then they asked me. I said I don't really know but when they pressed for an answer I said during my teens, girls in my class said I had really good nails- then these girls start looking at my nails and saying yeah it's true, how do you get your nails to look so good?! I said nothing special, I just cut them when they get too long and that's it.

Many years ago I visited a relative who owned a beauty salon which her husband helped her run. One time whilst having lunch with me, he asked if my nails had French polish and I said no and he said they really look like they've had a French manicure and they looked really good. Somehow they just naturally looked like that. That's partly why I've felt I don't need polish or at most I might wear a clear polish cos I guess it looks more discreet for someone who goes out of the house in a headscarf and jilbab- I'm not looking to go for something that's blingy or stands out too much.

I'd never get false nails though- they look like a nightmare and a faff to take off. Having said that, there's a cute Japanese youtube budgie channel and sometimes the budgie owner has this cute design of budgies painted on her nails and it's so adorable!
                      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Nail polish damages nails especially when there's no care taken afterwards and if you are a regular user.

Some girls and women have forgotten what natural nails- that are low maintenance look like because there's has been stripped off its healthy version. Hence you have all these nail care, nail strengtheners, keratin treatment and cuticle softeners etc.

Then it's a vicious cycle of covering those nails so the naked nail is not seen. Also, some women just like the idea of having nail polish even if there natural ones are perfectly healthy.

Neelu, if you ever do want to try nail polish again (even though I wouldn't advise it because it is something you will have to remove and the nail removers currently on the market are very toxic. I haven't seen any that are claiming to be toxic free unlike some of these plant nail polish), I would recommend pink/nude one, it's a pop of colour, clear is nice but will feel useless after all the effort of applying.

There are so many different types of false nails, some are very dramatic. I've got a simple french manicure one that I'd like to experiment with but haven't had the energy to use my time for that yet. It is harder to take off which is another reason I am not in a rush.

I've seen others use nail art to draw intricate designs which is really talented but not something that I'd give a go.

Comment

Yeh agree, seriously effects my concentration too, I have a lot of reading and revision to do but I end up falling asleep

I'm planning on booking an appointment next week
                          InshaAllah it went/goes well sis

Comment

I'm supposed to wash my hair today which feels like the biggest chore, I feel sleepy, didn't sleep well so there's going to be more delays
                            Did you say you have tried biotin supplements for hair? I've had the Holland and Barrets one but no difference and I know I have to focus on other things as there other issues. I would love to try the chewy sweet ones but they're more of a marketing gimmick.

Haven't done any household chores, behind on that but will have to give it a miss today, too late in the day to start
                            I prefer the chewy easy to swallow supplements that doesn't always require you to have a meal to go along with it
                            I need to wash my hair today too
                            sorry for my late reply
                            i tried biotin supplements and they did help my hair grow longer
                            i had cut my hair and it was too short so i needed that
                            i am currently trying to use olaplex for my hair, so much hair fell out i will be trying supplements and sorting my diet out too, i cant eat as much when i feel like stressed but will try a disciplined diet again lol
                            The ones i got were gummy sweets, i read later from a review there was a dangerous ingredient in it so thats why i didnt but it again apparently they have changes the formula..
                            ive found the best supplement is iron but the blood tetss always say ok/borderline yet its helped me the most i just dont take it due to the side effects

Comment

• There are stick on nails and even temporary rings where you place them over your nails, apparently its good for Muslims girls due to praying lol

Comment

• I would love to get a skincare fridge
                                it also preserves products but suncream gets destroyed if out in cold temperatures

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X