Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
    It is so hard to find a light coloured/white top that is not see through

Oh tell me about. Went into hnm and saw a white top my size but it was on sale so i brought it.

Idk where to buy vests from anymore they all sell cotton ones that you cant wesr in this heat. Grr

Comment

• Originally posted by ten_toes View Post
      Saddens me a little cuz I go everywhere alone and dont let anyone know where I've gone so they can check I'm safe cuz there's no one to do that with
      Do you friends or work collegues to talk to? How are your refletives like?

Comment

• Originally posted by Flawed View Post

Oh tell me about. Went into hnm and saw a white top my size but it was on sale so i brought it.

Idk where to buy vests from anymore they all sell cotton ones that you cant wesr in this heat. Grr
        Yeh I checked their ones, all see through

What's the point if I have to wear layers underneath

I actually wear cotton vests all year round lol
        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

There's no random thread anymore and I'm at the shopping centre, thought I'd just hang in Westfield today. This never happens (I'm islamically dressed, plain looking) and today this creep told me to smile as he went past me. He saw me again in the pound shop and said smile again, I ignored and didn't even look and he said hi gorgeous so loud, other ppl started staring. I continued to ignore but it's so humiliating. I'm hiding right now, bought ice cream tho not hungry, hoping he leaves. I'm seeing what non covered women go through now and it's horrible, they prob go through it every week. Times like this I wish I had a husband to lean on :/
          makes you feel quite vulnerable
          Thats bloody creepy. Are you ok?

Comment

Yeh I checked their ones, all see through

What's the point if I have to wear layers underneath

I actually wear cotton vests all year round lol
            Lol. Oh no. Im looking for those other vests with a decent necklines but idk i think ill have to shop at budda shop to get one or oxfarm. :|

Comment

Aelmo, what would your recommend doing first.. Sketching, oil painting, water painting or acrylics?

I remember getting an A* for art in high school i used to love drawing and painting. Then life happened...want new skills in art but idk where to start now.
              It depends. I really like oils but I know some people don't. They take longer to dry and they are more opaque and you can add texture with them so that's why I like them.

Acrylics dry very fast so I don't really like them but other then that they are pretty easy to work with. They lack everything I like about oil paints.

I feel like you would like the look of watercolors but I don't really find them easy to use. Only because they are so transparent that if you make a mistake it will be difficult to cover up so you need to be certain of every stroke you make and its all best to start of very transparent and build up instead of having it very dark from the beginning.

Sketching is also good. I find it easy I guess but I don't do it very often.

You should get into it again! It's very therapeutic in a way.

Comment

• My sister got me an adult colouring book, it's a geometry one and I can't wait to get started but haven't had time.

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

Thats bloody creepy. Are you ok?
                  Alhamdulillah I got home without bumping into this creature again. Thanks for asking. When I told my mum she was more interested in his race than the fact that her daughter was potentially unsafe or that it was a horrid experience. No empathy.

Comment

My sister got me an adult colouring book, it's a geometry one and I can't wait to get started but haven't had time.
                    I bought the Harry Potter colouring book today. I can colour for hours.

Comment

Alhamdulillah I got home without bumping into this creature again. Thanks for asking. When I told my mum she was more interested in his race than the fact that her daughter was potentially unsafe or that it was a horrid experience. No empathy.
                      Carry one of hhem personal alarms just in case
                      'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]'

Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

Comment

• Proper hilarious mate
                        Got one of those Random recommendations on yt
                        It was a comedy sketch of an Asian dad looking for a pen -whilst on the phone and telling his son off even though the pen is right in front of him

It was just funny and sort of relatable

Comment

I bought the Harry Potter colouring book today. I can colour for hours.
                          It's nice and relaxing

Peaceful

Comment

• Originally posted by detached soul View Post

Carry one of hhem personal alarms just in case
                            Hi detached soul, you probably haven't realised but this is the sisters only anon section 🙂

Thought I'd let you know

Comment

Saddens me a little cuz I go everywhere alone and dont let anyone know where I've gone so they can check I'm safe cuz there's no one to do that with
                              Do you have sisters? Or your mother to accompany you?

Is Westfield some popular place in UK? If I were you, I would keep a distance and an eye out, there might be some creepos looking at you from afar

I don't have any sisters to chaperone me sometimes when I want to go outside - but if I do go to places like malls or neighbourhoods I don't know, I keep an eye out and make sure I walk to places knowing where to go, who to meet and what to expect.

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post

It depends. I really like oils but I know some people don't. They take longer to dry and they are more opaque and you can add texture with them so that's why I like them.

Acrylics dry very fast so I don't really like them but other then that they are pretty easy to work with. They lack everything I like about oil paints.

I feel like you would like the look of watercolors but I don't really find them easy to use. Only because they are so transparent that if you make a mistake it will be difficult to cover up so you need to be certain of every stroke you make and its all best to start of very transparent and build up instead of having it very dark from the beginning.

Sketching is also good. I find it easy I guess but I don't do it very often.

You should get into it again! It's very therapeutic in a way.
                                Just brought a sketching set. I'm going to get started on it now and if they come out right I'll show them.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X