X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Originally posted by usernametaken View Post

I know i look bad and have accepted it. Bad for self esteem ngl. Second opinions will be ignored if it goes against hijab as much as i want to listen.. its tough
    As in i have to ignore my mum even when she says what looks good or doesn't.
    I wouldn't ask my mum

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    For layering its good to get some sleeves to slip on, different colours.
    I have those but don't like wearing them

Leave a comment:

• Flawed
    replied
    Indefinable i had a look at alya products ngl they look tempting but there are similar oroductd to them that are a lot cheaper and are also effective. So i dont think id be buying alya stuff. Having said thay they do have bundle sets on sale so maybe you can try the whole set out and see if its great for you. I wish they had samples. How disappointing.

Leave a comment:

• Flawed
    replied
    Indefinable i had a look at alya products ngl they look tempting but there are similar oroductd to them that are a lot cheaper and are also effective. So i dont think id be buying alya stuff. Having said thay they do have bundle sets on sale so maybe you can try the whole set out and see if its great for you. I wish they had samples. How disappointing.

Leave a comment:

• Flawed
    replied
    Originally posted by aelmo View Post

oooo now I want that face reveal even more!

I don't know anything about materials. Lol. I've actually been wearing the hijab for like 10 years now and I still haven't figured out what suits me. I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that if I am going to wear the hijab properly then I am just always going to look like a baby. Its just the shape of my face gets hidden while wearing it and I just look so round. OMG when I came back to school after quarantine someone thought I was 15 I HATE THAT!!! IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME!!!! but it cant be helped. Modesty is more important.

I almost always dress like I'm going to a funeral. Even though I can see black doesn't look good on me its just so much easier and also I have accepted the fact that I am very goth at heart. Always have been in terms of style
    A goth look lol. I tried once pulling off a goth look and people said I look too innocent for that look. :|

omg i usually that. People still think im a teenager and its funny because im a fully grown up adult and its not like im short or anything either so idk why they think im a teenager. But maybe has sth got to do with my hijab or sth lol idk.

Idk black just isnt for me. :(

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    For layering its good to get some sleeves to slip on, different colours.

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

Lol
    I Always dress badly, sometimes my own eyes deceive me and I think I look good
    ​​​​​​
    it's good to get second opinion that is helpful
    I know i look bad and have accepted it. Bad for self esteem ngl. Second opinions will be ignored if it goes against hijab as much as i want to listen.. its tough
    As in i have to ignore my mum even when she says what looks good or doesn't.
    Last edited by usernametaken; 15-01-21, 08:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    It is awkward though when people compliment
    not saying I'm always getting complimented (lmso) just when it happens I'm thinking I'd rather you not say anything because even though I say thank you, it comes across like I know it too

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

If i have to layer in summer to look better for now, i will lol.
    i generally have to wear a jacket/jumper with dresses that have an elastic in the middle. So it ruins the dress and people judge me for dressing bad.
    Lol
    I Always dress badly, sometimes my own eyes deceive me and I think I look good
    ​​​​​​
    it's good to get second opinion that is helpful

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    I don't wear black scarves, it is very rare
    I look like Mona Lisa, extra moody and serious

I usually wear chiffon scarves, I like that it stays put most of the time
    I think it looks smart and clean but they are so hard to clean though!

Any tips, please share. Not sure if chiffon suits me but it's easier to wear than most as it drapes nicely.

I haven't tried Modan or jersey yet. Jersey seems more suitable for smaller faces in my opinion as it is quite clingy. I don't think it'll suit me but I would like to try it out.

Flawedz hook me up with a Modan scarf will ya VM or PM if you want

I like cotton but the problem is that it starts getting old quick, I really hate hand washing so I want something I can wash regularly.
    ​​​​​​
    I wear colours like mauve, nude, autumnal colours (khaki, brown, light brown), greenish and turquoises tones.

I used to be really bold and wear all sorts. That phase passed thank goodness because it really didn't suit me.

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied

You know the worst thing is layering during the summer because of short sleeves
    If i have to layer in summer to look better for now, i will lol.
    i generally have to wear a jacket/jumper with dresses that have an elastic in the middle. So it ruins the dress and people judge me for dressing bad.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Originally posted by aelmo View Post

I haven’t seen that one.

the too faced one smells lovely. Actually all their stuff smells pretty good. Their chocolate soleil (I think that’s how it’s spelt) smells like cocoa 😊
    They look so nice, I want to get but won't as I don't need any right now

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

True, the dress fabric is usually thin. But i can't complain, im trying to make it hijab friendly so i already have less to choose from and less styles. Im thinking of finding some cheap similar colour loose top/trouser and then wearing it.
    You know the worst thing is layering during the summer because of short sleeves

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied

I have once and it was such a disappointment because I thought I found something modest with a good range
    I should have paid more attention to the fabric description

The dresses I got were made from cheap fabric I might aswell make a dress out of a plastic bag LOL

I gave one to my sister, the other two I'll have to make use of as too late to return, ordered it in 2019

​​​​​​
    they do have nice designs but hard to tell if it will be any good as most seem to be see through
    True, the dress fabric is usually thin. But i can't complain, im trying to make it hijab friendly so i already have less to choose from and less styles. Im thinking of finding some cheap similar colour loose top/trouser and then wearing it.

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

I like Shein. Their delivery has actually improved too. I got my daughters some silk pjs from there for £13 each which I found reaaalyyy good because in river island they were £25. I like Shein mainly for their pjs and loungewear.
    Yh I got my delivery in about a week when it stated two weeks. Sounds good, i've inly looked at mainky maxi dresses but they do have a lot of loungewear which is trendy these days lol.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X