Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salah*

Comment

• I truly feel like I will feel like my true self when I get into girly things but then I feel bad because it’s haram

Comment

• Need to attend a family wedding but don’t have a makeup artist.
        so I had to buy some make up.

Comment

• Originally posted by usernametaken View Post
          I truly feel like I will feel like my true self when I get into girly things but then I feel bad because it’s haram
          You can be girly without wearing makeup.

It shouldn't be something you rely on or need to make you feel a certain kind of way. There are other things that you can do to make yourself more girly if that's how you want to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post

You can be girly without wearing makeup.

It shouldn't be something you rely on or need to make you feel a certain kind of way. There are other things that you can do to make yourself more girly if that's how you want to be.

I don’t Rey on make up at all to feel good
            i don’t even wear a hint of make up except for minimal (no one knows I’m wearing it) on Eid and then on on weddings I’ve given into pressure to wear it only on close ones where someone is booked to do make up.

it’s just a part of my personality I feel kind of sad about that I didn’t get to grow from lol

mainly low Iman that causes a constant feeling of not feeling like make up can fill up something. Maybe that is a delusion, it probably is. When you submit to what Allah says then the reality is make up won’t fill that ‘void’ so it probably is a delusion, I will just jump to something else as there will be another problem. That was a good realisation

What other ways can someone be ‘girly’ without makeup? My mind is set on make up clearly

Comment

• Originally posted by usernametaken View Post

I don’t Rey on make up at all to feel good
              i don’t even wear a hint of make up except for minimal (no one knows I’m wearing it) on Eid and then on on weddings I’ve given into pressure to wear it only on close ones where someone is booked to do make up.

it’s just a part of my personality I feel kind of sad about that I didn’t get to grow from lol

mainly low Iman that causes a constant feeling of not feeling like make up can fill up something. Maybe that is a delusion, it probably is. When you submit to what Allah says then the reality is make up won’t fill that ‘void’ so it probably is a delusion, I will just jump to something else as there will be another problem. That was a good realisation

What other ways can someone be ‘girly’ without makeup? My mind is set on make up clearly

I was just speaking generally. I didn't mean you as in you lol.

Personally a lot of my core interests are not considered girly and honestly I don't enjoy doing a lot of traditionally girly things.

With that being said just because some may not do or enjoy (like in my case) traditionally girly things it doesn't mean that you cant still present yourself in a feminine way.

The way you carry yourself, the way you speak, cleanliness, clothes all come to mind aside from make up.

When I was younger I used to feel very insecure and felt like I would die if I didn't wear eyeliner Its actually very funny to think about it now because never in a million years would I ever put eyeliner on my waterline now but it took years for me to realize that makeup isn't the only thing to do to make you girly or look good, there is so much more too it then that.

prepare yourself because I am going to say something extremely cringy right now. Makeup makes a pretty face but it doesn't make a pretty heart

There I said it! You can ignore me forever if you want to after that. I would! lol

I just think that in order to be girly and feminine you need more than surface level things. Especially as muslim women. Looking presentable is important but being kind and having good character is just as, if not more important.

Comment

• I'm actually shy offline, i realised.

Online, when I make a point and a narc tries to annoy me i get mean back but I've realised that it's a horrible habit to keep and at the end of the day the narcs are doing their job so let them be the nasty one as they wish to.

Comment

• Anyone here?
                  Last edited by Flawed; 21-07-21, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flawed View Post
                    Anyone here?
                    Im here!

Comment

• Speaking of girl things, as a eid present for myself I got a spa mani pedi with my sister. It took like 2 hours!

Its basically a regular mani pedi but then the put your hands and feet in jelly and then put a hand mask on then and wrap them in cellophane. lol it was so fun.

And the lady I had today could cut cuticles like a champ! And she told me that I could play with the jelly!

Comment

• There's no random thread anymore and I'm at the shopping centre, thought I'd just hang in Westfield today. This never happens (I'm islamically dressed, plain looking) and today this creep told me to smile as he went past me. He saw me again in the pound shop and said smile again, I ignored and didn't even look and he said hi gorgeous so loud, other ppl started staring. I continued to ignore but it's so humiliating. I'm hiding right now, bought ice cream tho not hungry, hoping he leaves. I'm seeing what non covered women go through now and it's horrible, they prob go through it every week. Times like this I wish I had a husband to lean on :/
                        makes you feel quite vulnerable

Comment

• I would hate to be there if I were you
                          It's a disturbing feeling I've been there in similar situations

Comment

• Saddens me a little cuz I go everywhere alone and dont let anyone know where I've gone so they can check I'm safe cuz there's no one to do that with

Comment

• It is so hard to find a light coloured/white top that is not see through

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post

Im here!
                                Aelmo, what would your recommend doing first.. Sketching, oil painting, water painting or acrylics?

I remember getting an A* for art in high school i used to love drawing and painting. Then life happened...want new skills in art but idk where to start now.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X