• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya'sin
    replied
    I don't wear black scarves, it is very rare
    I look like Mona Lisa, extra moody and serious

I usually wear chiffon scarves, I like that it stays put most of the time
    I think it looks smart and clean but they are so hard to clean though!

Any tips, please share. Not sure if chiffon suits me but it's easier to wear than most as it drapes nicely.

I haven't tried Modan or jersey yet. Jersey seems more suitable for smaller faces in my opinion as it is quite clingy. I don't think it'll suit me but I would like to try it out.

Flawedz hook me up with a Modan scarf will ya VM or PM if you want

I like cotton but the problem is that it starts getting old quick, I really hate hand washing so I want something I can wash regularly.
    ​​​​​​
    I wear colours like mauve, nude, autumnal colours (khaki, brown, light brown), greenish and turquoises tones.

I used to be really bold and wear all sorts. That phase passed thank goodness because it really didn't suit me.

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

You know the worst thing is layering during the summer because of short sleeves
    If i have to layer in summer to look better for now, i will lol.
    i generally have to wear a jacket/jumper with dresses that have an elastic in the middle. So it ruins the dress and people judge me for dressing bad.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Originally posted by aelmo View Post

I haven’t seen that one.

the too faced one smells lovely. Actually all their stuff smells pretty good. Their chocolate soleil (I think that’s how it’s spelt) smells like cocoa 😊
    They look so nice, I want to get but won't as I don't need any right now

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Originally posted by usernametaken View Post

True, the dress fabric is usually thin. But i can't complain, im trying to make it hijab friendly so i already have less to choose from and less styles. Im thinking of finding some cheap similar colour loose top/trouser and then wearing it.
    You know the worst thing is layering during the summer because of short sleeves

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied

I have once and it was such a disappointment because I thought I found something modest with a good range
    I should have paid more attention to the fabric description

The dresses I got were made from cheap fabric I might aswell make a dress out of a plastic bag LOL

I gave one to my sister, the other two I'll have to make use of as too late to return, ordered it in 2019

​​​​​​
    they do have nice designs but hard to tell if it will be any good as most seem to be see through
    True, the dress fabric is usually thin. But i can't complain, im trying to make it hijab friendly so i already have less to choose from and less styles. Im thinking of finding some cheap similar colour loose top/trouser and then wearing it.

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

I like Shein. Their delivery has actually improved too. I got my daughters some silk pjs from there for £13 each which I found reaaalyyy good because in river island they were £25. I like Shein mainly for their pjs and loungewear.
    Yh I got my delivery in about a week when it stated two weeks. Sounds good, i've inly looked at mainky maxi dresses but they do have a lot of loungewear which is trendy these days lol.

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied

I ordered from stein recently. I don't usually but I noticed they seem to be stepping up bit. Their sizes used to be wayyy off but I noticed they have become more true to size.

My sister also got my cat a sweatshirt, bow ties, glasses and a party hat! He hates all of it but they have a good pet clothes range.
    I check the sizes putting mine in so it recommends them for you. And the reviews tell you if its true to size.
    That's cute lol. I love the cheap accessories.

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied

same!!!!

The only thing I know about the hijabs I like is that they cant be thick. I cant deal with that while living in the desert.

One of my sisters student's family owns a hijab company here and they charge a lot for their hijabs but its nice stuff. I love it when her student gifts her some. hehehe.
    Haha id love that too! Yeah same, I can’t be dealing with thick hijabs. Even when it’s cold out here, I still can’t be dealing with it!

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied
    Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

I’m a slave to black hijabs too! I never wear coloured hijabs everrrrrrrrrr! Well apart from sometimes on Eid when I might wear a nude/pink hijab.

Hanayen in the UAE have the BEST hijabs ever! The material is so so gorgeous and they are so worth it. They are expensive though, £35 for one but worth it. I only ever wear these hijabs now. I can’t wear thick hijabs like jersey i get too uncomfortable and I don’t feel that any other style suits me.
    same!!!!

The only thing I know about the hijabs I like is that they cant be thick. I cant deal with that while living in the desert.

One of my sisters student's family owns a hijab company here and they charge a lot for their hijabs but its nice stuff. I love it when her student gifts her some. hehehe.

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied

I don’t really wear any eyeshadow. I feel like I just like enhancing my features rather then being experimental. Idk why I just feel like I look so overdone when I put a lot of eyeshadow on.

ive really changed when it comes to make up. I think I’ve just become a lot more confident in how I look so I don’t feel the need to wear it anymore. That was a very drastic shift for me because I used to be very obsessed with make up.

but I still do sometimes for fun. I love peachey and orange shades too but I am told that red suits me even though I don’t really gravitate towards it. It’s weird cause any time I wear my red hijab my coworkers always compliment me and I’m just like “uh I hate wearing this” lol.

Actually do you or anyone else here wear colorful hijabs or do you just wear black all the time?

I wear black 90% of the time but I recently started wearing light pink and I noticed that green looks pretty good on me too. But I am still a slave to my black ones 🤣
    I’m a slave to black hijabs too! I never wear coloured hijabs everrrrrrrrrr! Well apart from sometimes on Eid when I might wear a nude/pink hijab.

Hanayen in the UAE have the BEST hijabs ever! The material is so so gorgeous and they are so worth it. They are expensive though, £35 for one but worth it. I only ever wear these hijabs now. I can’t wear thick hijabs like jersey i get too uncomfortable and I don’t feel that any other style suits me.

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied
    Originally posted by Flawed View Post

I wear makeup for the fun of it. Tbh I dont even wear to enhance my looks even lol. Alhamdulillah I like my natural looks so I've never really had any issues in the looks department and because of that I've never been into into makeup. I only wear it because its fun and I love shimmery stuff hehe.

Yes I wear pink or purple hijabs most of the times I dont hardly wear black actually I dont think I've ever really worn black. I've worn brown and grey though.

BTW what material hijab best suits you or you prefer to wear? i like cottons I've tried wearing modal and Jersey and they not all that for me.
    oooo now I want that face reveal even more!

I don't know anything about materials. Lol. I've actually been wearing the hijab for like 10 years now and I still haven't figured out what suits me. I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that if I am going to wear the hijab properly then I am just always going to look like a baby. Its just the shape of my face gets hidden while wearing it and I just look so round. OMG when I came back to school after quarantine someone thought I was 15 I HATE THAT!!! IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME!!!! but it cant be helped. Modesty is more important.

I almost always dress like I'm going to a funeral. Even though I can see black doesn't look good on me its just so much easier and also I have accepted the fact that I am very goth at heart. Always have been in terms of style

Leave a comment:

• Flawed
    replied

I don’t really wear any eyeshadow. I feel like I just like enhancing my features rather then being experimental. Idk why I just feel like I look so overdone when I put a lot of eyeshadow on.

ive really changed when it comes to make up. I think I’ve just become a lot more confident in how I look so I don’t feel the need to wear it anymore. That was a very drastic shift for me because I used to be very obsessed with make up.

but I still do sometimes for fun. I love peachey and orange shades too but I am told that red suits me even though I don’t really gravitate towards it. It’s weird cause any time I wear my red hijab my coworkers always compliment me and I’m just like “uh I hate wearing this” lol.

Actually do you or anyone else here wear colorful hijabs or do you just wear black all the time?

I wear black 90% of the time but I recently started wearing light pink and I noticed that green looks pretty good on me too. But I am still a slave to my black ones 🤣
    I wear makeup for the fun of it. Tbh I dont even wear to enhance my looks even lol. Alhamdulillah I like my natural looks so I've never really had any issues in the looks department and because of that I've never been into into makeup. I only wear it because its fun and I love shimmery stuff hehe.

Yes I wear pink or purple hijabs most of the times I dont hardly wear black actually I dont think I've ever really worn black. I've worn brown and grey though.

BTW what material hijab best suits you or you prefer to wear? i like cottons I've tried wearing modal and Jersey and they not all that for me.

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied
    Originally posted by Flawed View Post

Oh nice. I'll have a look at it inshaAllah sounds great. I love experimenting with eyeshadows. I either put dark shadows on my eyelids and a lighter shade on the crease and sometimes I use a light shade for my lids and a dark shade for my crease area.

Idk why but I love orange and red tones.

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied

I brought the loreal peach blush last year and was expecting it to smell nice and peachy but it didn't lol
    I haven’t seen that one.

the too faced one smells lovely. Actually all their stuff smells pretty good. Their chocolate soleil (I think that’s how it’s spelt) smells like cocoa 😊

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUsernameIs... View Post

Usually nude pink tones, have a few slightly darker shades all in pink.
    Don't have a favourite brand as such but my fave lipsticks are Maybelline - Mauve for me and Bourjois matte cream in nudist (gorgeous color)​​​​​.
    If I had to pick a brand it would probably be Maybelline for lipsticks.

I don't think its mascara that causes the styes as I haven't worn mascara in months now and I've still had recurring infections. Most likely is a faulty eyelash follicle.
    I miss wearing mascara :(
    Oh no :(

I hope it gets better in sha Allah

I'm the same with lip colour

I once had a girl ask me if it's my natural lip colour, I was like, dude now, I have elf lip balm on LOL it doesn't look like I have lipstick on but it really gives it that complete look
    The elf one is in a shiny silver metal case

I have the bourjois in other colours but those are the colours that I always wanted but they were ALWAYS out of stock

Eventually every shop discontinued selling them

My sister managed to get those colours and it suits her well
    I think those colours will suit every tone (we both have different tones)

I have a few brown lipstick, but I only got them thinking I could mix it and thought I could create a more orangey, terracotta colour, but still to dark

Dark lips age me so much

I don't mind berry/plum shades though

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X