• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

What about white
    Erm... grey suits me better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flawed View Post

Erm... grey suits me better.
      Did you request access to the sisters section

I love weddings minus nosy aunties, would love to see your outfit
      I would have to buy a dress to go to a wedding, there doesn't seem to be man nice designs out there so I was thinking of buying those big flared trousers with heavy embroidery with the short top

I won't be though as not going to any weddings
      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Did you request access to the sisters section
        I love weddings minus nosy aunties, would love to see your outfit
        I would have to buy a dress to go to a wedding, there doesn't seem to be man nice designs out there so I was thinking of buying those big flared trousers with heavy embroidery with the short top
        I won't be though as not going to any weddings
        didnt get time for the call. I think a white hijab will actually look better, I think your right. I like this look

https://www.temptalia.com/fenty-beau...es/?show_all=1

Comment

Hmm I'm after a purple blush for my wedding day lol and a nice lipstick to go with it..

Kiddin about wedding lol. Also what hijab colour would look good with a purple blush and lipstick?
          I never seen a purple blush colour, but i recon a dark purple hijab or lilac colour would match lovely
          يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

• I applied a white-sh coloured nail polish and it looks BAD
            need to practise with lighter colours

I think other colours you can get away with a little splodge but white stands out on me

My hands are extra tanned so there's that contrast lol
            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

• Light colored nail polish looks hideous on me too ...only dark plums & blood reds will do *drools*

Anyone tried the 'halal' nail polishes? Feel like trying them as I love polish but not sure how water permeable they are ....

Comment

• Originally posted by MyUsernameIs... View Post
                Light colored nail polish looks hideous on me too ...only dark plums & blood reds will do *drools*

Anyone tried the 'halal' nail polishes? Feel like trying them as I love polish but not sure how water permeable they are ....
                I think I'm gonna try a halal nail polish and see how it goes lol.

Comment

I think I'm gonna try a halal nail polish and see how it goes lol.
                  Update me on how it goes

Personally not too bothered about applying polish and even if I did try out the halal polish, I wouldn't rely on it, I'd have to take it off to pray
                  it's not worth it

I applied lilac polish last night and to my surprise it actually looks nice (well in my eyes)

I was would never wear these types of colours but I suppose I like the look of them now

Comment

• Originally posted by MyUsernameIs... View Post
                    Light colored nail polish looks hideous on me too ...only dark plums & blood reds will do *drools*

I don’t think they are very water permeable tbh. I can’t remember who but someone did a scientific experiment on them and it turned out they weren’t as water permeable as claimed. Btw Superdrug’s do ‘halal’ nail polish (it’s not described as halal but description indicates it’s water permeable) I do have halal nail varnish but I remove it to do wudhu
                    https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Update me on how it goes

Personally not too bothered about applying polish and even if I did try out the halal polish, I wouldn't rely on it, I'd have to take it off to pray
                      it's not worth it

I applied lilac polish last night and to my surprise it actually looks nice (well in my eyes)

I was would never wear these types of colours but I suppose I like the look of them now
                      Inshallah im going to wear it and not remove it and see how it goes. And if it does peel off then i guess it isnt water proof 😂 but most importantly water goes through it so therefore we dont need to remove it for wudhu?

Comment

Inshallah im going to wear it and not remove it and see how it goes. And if it does peel off then i guess it isnt water proof 😂 but most importantly water goes through it so therefore we dont need to remove it for wudhu?
                        Water is pure and when mixed with oil for example, both have different structures which don't mix
                        It's all just gimmick in my opinion with the halal nail polish to get consumers to buy it

I don't trust it

​​​​​​

Comment

Water is pure and when mixed with oil for example, both have different structures which don't mix
                          It's all just gimmick in my opinion with the halal nail polish to get consumers to buy it

I don't trust it

​​​​​​

I don't trust it either tbh.

There's a nail polish in the form of henna, but coloured. Haven't tried it yet, but seems practical: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1026...active_1&crt=1

Comment

• I got my airwrap!!! My life has improved because of it.

I normally don’t like to wash my hair everyday but it’s just so fun and easy to use that I have changed my whole hair washing regime just to use it.

Today I also got some super cute bags. One of them looks like a lunch box. Lol.

Comment

• In regards to eid clothes, for sisters who don’t wear any or extremely minimal makeup, HOW do you feel positive about dressing up for eid? I don’t even feel like i dress up for eid anymore and I never enjoy it. I won’t lie most Asians like eid because they get to dress up, everything else is just a boring routine or visiting relatives which is nothing out of the norm.

this really does bother me. I’ve been very disciplined and non emotional or non ranting about this I just accept it but I can’t ignore that it really does make me feel like this.
                              i never feel freshly dressed on eid. Let alone weddings but that’s not that deep, Yh you might not get complimented when others do but that’s whatever

Comment

• Originally posted by usernametaken View Post
                                In regards to eid clothes, for sisters who don’t wear any or extremely minimal makeup, HOW do you feel positive about dressing up for eid? I don’t even feel like i dress up for eid anymore and I never enjoy it. I won’t lie most Asians like eid because they get to dress up, everything else is just a boring routine or visiting relatives which is nothing out of the norm.

this really does bother me. I’ve been very disciplined and non emotional or non ranting about this I just accept it but I can’t ignore that it really does make me feel like this.
                                i never feel freshly dressed on eid. Let alone weddings but that’s not that deep, Yh you might not get complimented when others do but that’s whatever
                                I don't bother wearing a new dress :/

It's been like that for the majority of my life, I know it sounds awful but it's mainly the food prep and meal that makes the day Eid.

I'm not saying we need to go crazy and party out or anything like that but I just keep it simple although I'd encourage people to put their best clothes on
                                Being in the kitchen with a new dress doesn't appeal to me so I'd rather wear my normal clothes and do the chores

if it was upto me, it would be nice to go to a restaurant (a nice clean one, I really those ugly decor ones, makes me gag and I'm fussy with how my meal is prepared etc) so that would actually make me a bit more enthusiastic and give a reason to get dressed up

Dressing up requires effort me, when I dress up and it doesn't look good, that's my energy wasted

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X