Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shopping

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I got nike Air Force 1's the other day and first of all, why the heck are nike's so expensive???

    I bought my TA air Jordans before too because she liked them and they were way to much for my liking but she's my TA so I had to. I thought they were expensive because they were Jordans but apparently all their shoes are like that.

    Anyways when I wore them to work today like 4 people pointed and where like "Air Force 1!!!!" Lol.

    I thought this was just some generic shoe but apparently not. I feel so on trend

    Comment


    • Originally posted by aelmo View Post

      I tried so many different things but the only thing that ever worked was medication from the dermatologist. It completely took away everything and a lot of the scaring. NOTHING else worked.

      This was also the medicine that supposedly increased my cholesterol levels but at least it did its job quickly. Within a couple weeks of using it I noticed a major difference and after the 3 month treatment it was completely gone for a long time.

      I went through a bit of a stressful period in recent months so I feel like that triggered more breakouts so that's what made me take the medicine again but before that time, my skin was very clear after years of dealing with acne and trying so many things.

      I know some people might be put off by using medication and yes there could be side effects like what happened to me (it doesn't happen to everyone though), but if you want something that will work fast then that's a good option. I have not used anything else that came even close to the same results. The price of having good skin.
      Thanks, not put off medication but i go to a derm and they only prescribe cream that is supposed to help with acne. But not scarring etc. Scarring and pigmentation is generally worse/harder to get rid off in certain skin colours, so that may be why too. Was the medication designed to get rid of the acne and then scarring etc went too or was it aimed at both? cos i know with some ppl(espec if fairer skinned too) that when acne goes, getting rid of pigmentation/scars isn't necessarily as hard. What was the name of the medication? so i can look into it and ask my derm next time InshaaAllaah. Only been offered cream to apply but not for the pigmentation/scarring. And same.. was relatively clear(on face) prior to this
      And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
      [al-An�aam 6:59]

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Creamcake View Post

        Thanks, not put off medication but i go to a derm and they only prescribe cream that is supposed to help with acne. But not scarring etc. Scarring and pigmentation is generally worse/harder to get rid off in certain skin colours, so that may be why too. Was the medication designed to get rid of the acne and then scarring etc went too or was it aimed at both? cos i know with some ppl(espec if fairer skinned too) that when acne goes, getting rid of pigmentation/scars isn't necessarily as hard. What was the name of the medication? so i can look into it and ask my derm next time InshaaAllaah. Only been offered cream to apply but not for the pigmentation/scarring. And same.. was relatively clear(on face) prior to this
        It’s called tetralysal. The doctor also gave me a tonic thing and a gel. I think one of them was called differin. I guess it all contributed to fixing the problem but the medicine definitely helped with the acne and shrinking pores.

        im not to sure about scaring and different skin tones but if your consistent with all the stuff then I think it should be fine.

        also make sure your doctor does a blood test on you before hand so that you will know all your stats In case anything changes because of it.

        trtralysal is the mild stuff that you should start with, they might want to put you on a medication called acutane but it’s a lot stronger and will really dry out your skin. If the first one doesn’t work then try acutane

        Comment


        • Originally posted by aelmo View Post

          It’s called tetralysal. The doctor also gave me a tonic thing and a gel. I think one of them was called differin. I guess it all contributed to fixing the problem but the medicine definitely helped with the acne and shrinking pores.

          im not to sure about scaring and different skin tones but if your consistent with all the stuff then I think it should be fine.

          also make sure your doctor does a blood test on you before hand so that you will know all your stats In case anything changes because of it.

          trtralysal is the mild stuff that you should start with, they might want to put you on a medication called acutane but it’s a lot stronger and will really dry out your skin. If the first one doesn’t work then try acutane
          Thanks a lot. Differin sounds familiar think ive been prescribed that before. Alhamdulillaah. Thats a good idea cos you may not have known about the cholestorel otherwise. Ive heard of accutane(if its the one im thinking of)i think they only prescribe it here in very extreme/severe cases due some really strong side effects. I know in US derms work very differently and they prescribe things a lot easier than in the UK. I did see this female on youtube who had really bad scarring acne pigmentation etc a few years ago and then meds creams etc and its cleared up and the transformation was incredible, Alhamdulillaah. Alhamdulillaah mine isnt that extreme but do need to sort out scarring and pigmentation InshaaAllaah

          i was gonna post a few more things on this thread but they're personal so will wait until access to sisters section InshaaAllaah.

          JazaakAllaahu khairan for the info, I really appreciate it.
          And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
          [al-An�aam 6:59]

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
            Thanks a lot. Differin sounds familiar think ive been prescribed that before. Alhamdulillaah. Thats a good idea cos you may not have known about the cholestorel otherwise. Ive heard of accutane(if its the one im thinking of)i think they only prescribe it here in very extreme/severe cases due some really strong side effects. I know in US derms work very differently and they prescribe things a lot easier than in the UK. I did see this female on youtube who had really bad scarring acne pigmentation etc a few years ago and then meds creams etc and its cleared up and the transformation was incredible, Alhamdulillaah. Alhamdulillaah mine isnt that extreme but do need to sort out scarring and pigmentation InshaaAllaah
            i was gonna post a few more things on this thread but they're personal so will wait until access to sisters section InshaaAllaah.
            JazaakAllaahu khairan for the info, I really appreciate it.
            I’ve heard that accutane shouldn’t be prescribed to people who have mental illnesses but my dermatologist says that she’s never heard of that before. Apparently you shouldn’t take it if you are trying to get pregnant which is a bit weird but they make you sign a waver if your going to. I wouldn’t recommend taking that one either.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Creamcake View Post

              Thanks a lot. Differin sounds familiar think ive been prescribed that before. Alhamdulillaah. Thats a good idea cos you may not have known about the cholestorel otherwise. Ive heard of accutane(if its the one im thinking of)i think they only prescribe it here in very extreme/severe cases due some really strong side effects. I know in US derms work very differently and they prescribe things a lot easier than in the UK. I did see this female on youtube who had really bad scarring acne pigmentation etc a few years ago and then meds creams etc and its cleared up and the transformation was incredible, Alhamdulillaah. Alhamdulillaah mine isnt that extreme but do need to sort out scarring and pigmentation InshaaAllaah

              i was gonna post a few more things on this thread but they're personal so will wait until access to sisters section InshaaAllaah.

              JazaakAllaahu khairan for the info, I really appreciate it.
              You might want to look into Indian Clay mask, I've heard reallly good things about it :)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Purplehyacinth View Post

                You might want to look into Indian Clay mask, I've heard reallly good things about it :)
                Thanks sis, I'll have a look :)
                And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
                [al-An�aam 6:59]

                Comment


                • Originally posted by aelmo View Post

                  I’ve heard that accutane shouldn’t be prescribed to people who have mental illnesses but my dermatologist says that she’s never heard of that before. Apparently you shouldn’t take it if you are trying to get pregnant which is a bit weird but they make you sign a waver if your going to. I wouldn’t recommend taking that one either.
                  Yeah its a very strong medicine and should only be taken by people who need it.
                  And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
                  [al-An�aam 6:59]

                  Comment


                  • nvm
                    Last edited by Creamcake; 22-06-21, 10:55 AM.
                    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
                    [al-An�aam 6:59]

                    Comment


                    • What you think of purple blushes and lipsticks?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Flawed View Post
                        What you think of purple blushes and lipsticks?
                        I have purple lipstick and it is okayish, hardly wear it
                        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

                        So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

                          I have purple lipstick and it is okayish, hardly wear it
                          Hmm I'm after a purple blush for my wedding day lol and a nice lipstick to go with it..



                          Kiddin about wedding lol. Also what hijab colour would look good with a purple blush and lipstick?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Flawed View Post

                            Hmm I'm after a purple blush for my wedding day lol and a nice lipstick to go with it..



                            Kiddin about wedding lol. Also what hijab colour would look good with a purple blush and lipstick?
                            Hmm

                            Maybe black, light grey, something mellow and not to vibrant because purple itself is a splash of colour so everything should be easy on the eye
                            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

                            So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

                              Hmm

                              Maybe black, light grey, something mellow and not to vibrant because purple itself is a splash of colour so everything should be easy on the eye
                              I dont have a black hijab they don't suit me, I have a light grey hijab so I'll wear that. My dress is plain and simple so want to go vibrant on my face lol. I have a wedding to attend this Friday. Cbb but oh well 🤷

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Flawed View Post

                                I dont have a black hijab they don't suit me, I have a light grey hijab so I'll wear that. My dress is plain and simple so want to go vibrant on my face lol. I have a wedding to attend this Friday. Cbb but oh well 🤷
                                What about white
                                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

                                So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X