Shopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MyUsernameIs... View Post
    I look hideous in pastel shades. I find they generally don't suit south asians very much unless you have soft features

Only black seems to look half decent on me hence why I'm always dressed like death
    Depends on your skintone. I've seen pastel colours suit women with both fair and dark skintones. I personally suit them.

Comment

• Can't find a solution to get stains off my chiffon scarves

I prefer wearing them because they don't get bobbly like others scarves and I like washing my scarves after each use

I tried again fairy liquid, baking soda, stain remover and sprays but nothing seems to work
      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

I generally struggle finding outfits that look flattering on me
        Nothing suits me, black makes look so miserable and anything to bright makes me look like I just got off the boat, with all due respect, people do have certain stereotypes attached and I don't want any attached to me

just want to feel good

The other day someone jokingly said, smile or I won't let you in, and I thought whoah, I didn't even realize I was looking like miserable Mona Lisa

I was walking through my local shopping centre once and some random Asian guy walked past and gave me thumbs up and said cheer up LOL

I'm not very stylish so I just stick to 'safe' colours ...sometimes i want to feel pretty in something more colorful but I just can't pull it off and look clownish instead

Comment

• Originally posted by Flawed View Post

Depends on your skintone. I've seen pastel colours suit women with both fair and dark skintones. I personally suit them.
          Yes depends on your features too .... i have medium olive skin but definitely don't have soft features so pastels look too washed out on me

Comment

Yes depends on your features too .... i have medium olive skin but definitely don't have soft features so pastels look too washed out on me
            my complexion is light brown but tans slightly during the summer and I often look pale like I'm ill
            I don't have a fair complexion so I don't know what category I go under including the undertones
            ​​​​​ I hate shopping for foundations and concealers, they are either too orange, too light or too dark which makes me look odd

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

I was walking through my local shopping centre once and some random Asian guy walked past and gave me thumbs up and said cheer up LOL

I'm not very stylish so I just stick to 'safe' colours ...sometimes i want to feel pretty in something more colorful but I just can't pull it off and look clownish instead
              I like to include some colour, otherwise it looks dirty like I'm wearing the same clothes

if you have the figure, the features, you can wear anything, even the most ugliest dress will look good

Me on the other hand, I look like daddi jee with my long skirts

I like to feel smart but there's nothing decent that suits me

Comment

• Hey hey sisters,

this is my first time posting on this forum. I love shopping even though most of my "shopping" is just window shopping lol.
                I wanted to ask has anyone ever made DIY creams or body butters. I want to try it out but I'm scared i might just ruin good ingredients. I'm just over putting chemicals on my skin :(

Comment

• There is this place here that imports new stuff from turkey every week and sells it for really cheap. And its mostly appropriate clothing which is awesome and I am glad they aren't overpricing the stuff like how other places do. I got some pieces from there today.

It's fun watching their instagram and seeing what new stuff they are going to be getting.

I doubt this stuff is sustainable fashion but I really want to start being more conscious about that. Just when I see appropriate clothing that will actually fit me, I just have to get it because it's hard to find stuff. Even most Abayas are too short on me a lot of the time. It's such a mission finding abayas, skirts or dresses. This places stuff is a decent length.

Comment

• I also got a pastel yellow hijab and as I was there I felt like it might wash me out but it was such a pretty color so I go it anyway. But sure enough it really washes me out and makes me look like a ghost :(

I want to wear yellow but its just not working when its on my head

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post
                      I also got a pastel yellow hijab and as I was there I felt like it might wash me out but it was such a pretty color so I go it anyway. But sure enough it really washes me out and makes me look like a ghost :(

I want to wear yellow but its just not working when its on my head
                      Ohhh yellow is very unique, nail polish yeh but scarf..

I wouldn't dare
                      I'd look like a rotten banana

​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

Ohhh yellow is very unique, nail polish yeh but scarf..

I wouldn't dare
                        I'd look like a rotten banana

​​​​
                        Its just such a happy color but it wasn't for me

Comment

• Originally posted by Letsbehumble View Post
                          Hey hey sisters,

this is my first time posting on this forum. I love shopping even though most of my "shopping" is just window shopping lol.
                          I wanted to ask has anyone ever made DIY creams or body butters. I want to try it out but I'm scared i might just ruin good ingredients. I'm just over putting chemicals on my skin :(
                          I've not made before but there are recipes online about how to make natural ones, have you had a look? I completely understand what you mean about being over putting chemicals on your skin, I feel the same, especially as I have sensitive skin that is acne prone and I have scars/pigmentation etc from this. I've realised most of the store products even if termed 'natural' have so many ingredients, some of which are dangerous for skin. For most people who don't have sensitive or acne prone skin they would be okay, but I want to explore natural alternatives to things. I bought a big tub of unrefined shea butter, rose water, manuka honey, rosehil oil,(all much cheaper than even the cheap store products because less convenient to do it yourself I think) and want to start using them as cleanser, moisturiser etc Inshaa' Allaah, I do not use any products at the moment, had to stop due to irritation.

For example, did y'all know if you mix paracetomal with water its basically salicylic acid? Much cheaper too, mix with honey and slather on face, for stuff like pigmentation/scars, Inshaa' Allaah. I've heard good things about vitamin E oil and vitamin C, but got enough that I need to start using (Above) so not going to get anything else for new, otherwise stuff will end up getting wasted.
                          And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
                          [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

• Another thing, I don't know if any sisters suffer from alopecia, but its something I've had to look into, and peppermint oil a very small amount mixed with an oil such as jojoba oil can Inshaa'Allaah help. You wouldn't apply a lot though and would need to build it up cos some people can be sensitive to peppermint oil, so I'm going to start with once a week (if affecting anyone, please let me know, cos I don't want to confuse anyone and will give proper instructions Inshaa'Allaah). There have been studies online where it was more effective than for example something called regaine, which is the only medical thing on the market to supposedly help with certain types of hair loss (such as female pattern hair loss/androgetic alopecia)
                            And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�

Comment

• Do any sisters here suffer with acne (the type that scars/pigments I mean), and if so, anything you have used to combat the scars/pigmentations/marks that has helped? In theory I have all this stuff but a part of me is worried it wont work, ofcourse gotta make duaa too and know that Allaah is the only healer, if He wills through that and the product etc. But yeah if anyone has been through it, would be good to hear. I try not to worry too much and tell myself, there are actually operations to help with skin repair and stuff.
                              I also don't want to complain cos I know a lot of people have worse issues, and others are worse so I dont want to be ungrateful, Alhamdulillaah. But it can make one so conscious and really affects self esteem, especially on ones face (I never used to get it on face only other areas but past year or so, its come on face too).

Comment

• Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
                                Do any sisters here suffer with acne (the type that scars/pigments I mean), and if so, anything you have used to combat the scars/pigmentations/marks that has helped? In theory I have all this stuff but a part of me is worried it wont work, ofcourse gotta make duaa too and know that Allaah is the only healer, if He wills through that and the product etc. But yeah if anyone has been through it, would be good to hear. I try not to worry too much and tell myself, there are actually operations to help with skin repair and stuff.
                                I also don't want to complain cos I know a lot of people have worse issues, and others are worse so I dont want to be ungrateful, Alhamdulillaah. But it can make one so conscious and really affects self esteem, especially on ones face (I never used to get it on face only other areas but past year or so, its come on face too).
                                I tried so many different things but the only thing that ever worked was medication from the dermatologist. It completely took away everything and a lot of the scaring. NOTHING else worked.

This was also the medicine that supposedly increased my cholesterol levels but at least it did its job quickly. Within a couple weeks of using it I noticed a major difference and after the 3 month treatment it was completely gone for a long time.

I went through a bit of a stressful period in recent months so I feel like that triggered more breakouts so that's what made me take the medicine again but before that time, my skin was very clear after years of dealing with acne and trying so many things.

I know some people might be put off by using medication and yes there could be side effects like what happened to me (it doesn't happen to everyone though), but if you want something that will work fast then that's a good option. I have not used anything else that came even close to the same results. The price of having good skin.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X