X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MyUsernameIs...
    replied
    Originally posted by Flawed View Post

Depends on your skintone. I've seen pastel colours suit women with both fair and dark skintones. I personally suit them.
    Yes depends on your features too .... i have medium olive skin but definitely don't have soft features so pastels look too washed out on me

Leave a comment:

• MyUsernameIs...
    replied
    Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

I generally struggle finding outfits that look flattering on me
    Nothing suits me, black makes look so miserable and anything to bright makes me look like I just got off the boat, with all due respect, people do have certain stereotypes attached and I don't want any attached to me

just want to feel good

The other day someone jokingly said, smile or I won't let you in, and I thought whoah, I didn't even realize I was looking like miserable Mona Lisa

I was walking through my local shopping centre once and some random Asian guy walked past and gave me thumbs up and said cheer up LOL

I'm not very stylish so I just stick to 'safe' colours ...sometimes i want to feel pretty in something more colorful but I just can't pull it off and look clownish instead

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Can't find a solution to get stains off my chiffon scarves

I prefer wearing them because they don't get bobbly like others scarves and I like washing my scarves after each use

I tried again fairy liquid, baking soda, stain remover and sprays but nothing seems to work

Leave a comment:

• Flawed
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUsernameIs... View Post
    I look hideous in pastel shades. I find they generally don't suit south asians very much unless you have soft features

Only black seems to look half decent on me hence why I'm always dressed like death
    Depends on your skintone. I've seen pastel colours suit women with both fair and dark skintones. I personally suit them.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUsernameIs... View Post
    I look hideous in pastel shades. I find they generally don't suit south asians very much unless you have soft features

Only black seems to look half decent on me hence why I'm always dressed like death

I generally struggle finding outfits that look flattering on me
    Nothing suits me, black makes look so miserable and anything to bright makes me look like I just got off the boat, with all due respect, people do have certain stereotypes attached and I don't want any attached to me

just want to feel good

The other day someone jokingly said, smile or I won't let you in, and I thought whoah, I didn't even realize I was looking like miserable Mona Lisa

Leave a comment:

• MyUsernameIs...
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

Pastels or old never. I've worn them since I was 16.
    They don't suit me, makes me look washed out and ages me lol

Leave a comment:

• Flawed
    replied

In the past, pastles were considered for older women
    seems to be on trend now with the youngsters
    Pastels or old never. I've worn them since I was 16.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

I ordered mint trousers hehe need the brightness looks cool
    In the past, pastles were considered for older women
    seems to be on trend now with the youngsters

Leave a comment:

• Flawed
    replied
    Loving that mint/sage colour
    I don't tend to go for pastels but have got some pastel nail polish

@Usernametaken

Finally got a hair shampoo nothing lol
    Alhamdullilah
    I ordered mint trousers hehe need the brightness looks cool

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Loving that mint/sage colour
    I don't tend to go for pastels but have got some pastel nail polish

@Usernametaken

Finally got a hair shampoo nothing lol
    Alhamdullilah

Leave a comment:

• Flawed
    replied

I won't be able to call them tomorrow so in Sha Allah Friday will have to see
    it is unusual, what could have caused the reaction

It's just Vaseline and a little bit of base coat that may have mixed with it but that shouldn't have triggered anything

I hope it's not an infection, I like to keep all my stuff clean and try to be cautious but it could definitely be a sign of underlying issues as I know nail condition can say alot about the body's health

I have black lines through some of my nails (usual a sign of deficiencies in the body) but this new problem happened after application below my cuticles on the nail fold.

the products are in date as far as I know
    Hmm odd. Doesn't sound right. InshaAllah it will get better.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

Sounds srs. Is it the colour that has gone wrong or have your nails become infected or sth. Either way tell a docotr now no point waiting.
    I won't be able to call them tomorrow so in Sha Allah Friday will have to see
    it is unusual, what could have caused the reaction

It's just Vaseline and a little bit of base coat that may have mixed with it but that shouldn't have triggered anything

I hope it's not an infection, I like to keep all my stuff clean and try to be cautious but it could definitely be a sign of underlying issues as I know nail condition can say alot about the body's health

I have black lines through some of my nails (usual a sign of deficiencies in the body) but this new problem happened after application below my cuticles on the nail fold.

the products are in date as far as I know

Leave a comment:

• Flawed
    replied

Still looks black
    annoying because I have bright pink nail polish on and fingers look ill

lol

I've never noticed the edges around my nails black like this until I applied the Vaseline, base coat, and suddenly this discoloration of some sort happened

So weird

If it doesn't go away in a couple of days I'll have to call doctor
    They'll just hmmm we don't know *rollseyes
    Sounds srs. Is it the colour that has gone wrong or have your nails become infected or sth. Either way tell a docotr now no point waiting.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

Omg no idea what you have done there sis. Hope it gets better inshaAllah
    Still looks black
    annoying because I have bright pink nail polish on and fingers look ill

lol

I've never noticed the edges around my nails black like this until I applied the Vaseline, base coat, and suddenly this discoloration of some sort happened

So weird

If it doesn't go away in a couple of days I'll have to call doctor
    They'll just hmmm we don't know *rollseyes

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X