Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladies Only! Shopping

Thought I'd create a thread about stuff

I didn't want to bombard aelmos thread with random topics.

Please bear in mind this is not a private thread but more of a shopping thread and female members who want to talk about nail polish remover etc.

Anyway, I got the essence mascara finally Alhamdulillah.

Also, Layla, Alhamdulillah I found a nice basket than the one you showed me, it's dark grey with straw design but plastic.

​​​​​
    Last edited by Ya'sin; 11-01-21, 11:22 PM.
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

I couldn't find a head massager

I'm on a budget btw
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

Wa alaykum salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

oooh let us know how you get on with the essence mascara

aww nice to know you managed to find a basket

I really really really need a dupe for my Chanel rose natural lipliner. It’s the only lipliner I wear but due to boycotting french, I’m trying not to buy it anymore. I’ve actually spent soo much money trying to find an alternative but I end up just giving them to my mum because i don’t like the colour or formula!!
      https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

I want a nice natural pinky nude nail varnish, anyone have any recommendations

Comment

Do you all like bath bombs? I’m not that bothered about them but my kids love them but I can never get it right in the bath lol what am I doing wrong? Are you meant to just throw it in the bath or what? When I see people on YouTube, theirs always looks so nice and swirly whilst mine is just a pool of coloured water :|

Comment

I like getting a French manicure done on myself and I love adding glitter deco to my nails. So good.

Died my hair the other day asked the hair salon to do a hint of mahogany. Looks great but I'm bored of it already might get some purple streaks put in it. Idk we will see.

Comment

I miss wearing makeup and this is reminding me of that. I'm not wearing it outside anymore and since i'm not married, no point wearing it at home. Although does anyone wear it at home, like just for themselves?I've probably forgotten how to wear it, been a while and even before it was on occasion outside and nothing too fancy. Honestly i watch these yt makeup vids at time and i do think.. i wish i could do that!It is actually a proper talent/skill. Ya'sin i remember ages ago you mentioned you have trained in makeup or as a makeup artist or something?(Hopefully i'm not imagining that as i am v forgetful at times)

What are y'alls fave pieces of makeup then?And what do you never wear?

I want to get into natural skincare Insha'Allaah as skin has broken out bad these past few months

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

I'm on a budget btw
                I need a nice smelling head message oil and a nice messaging hand to go with it lol.

Comment

i'm not into bath bombs although a lot of people love them, not sure if y'all have a shop called 'Lush' but bath bombs brings that to mind lol.

Comment

I'm on a budget btw
                    Do you mind saying the amount for the budget you had in mind(for a head massager).Because I can have a look online for you? Were you looking online or in person?

Comment

Layla, I recommend Rimmel spice or eastend snob, very affordable and I personally think it will suit any skin tones. Let me know if you do try, I'd be interested in your thoughts. It looks natural.

I have never tried Chanel make up (now wish I did lol just to see how good they really are, mind you I'd only spend a little and I'm not a designer fan) so can't recommend what would be similar.

Flawed, years ago I wanted blue streaks or purple but it wouldn't look as good on me especially because of the state of my hair and you know when you see someone that looks good with a certain hair colour and you think oooh I want to try but really, just because it looks good on them, I learnt that it will look different on me. I know it's a simple thing but often I forget.

​​​​​​Creamcake, yeh, years ago I trained in make up but not Asian bridal make up (wish I did that instead, one module was a general bridal make up). I'm definitely out of touch with my skills though and need to brush up on them, no pun intended

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post

Do you mind saying the amount for the budget you had in mind(for a head massager).Because I can have a look online for you? Were you looking online or in person?
                        Hmm
                        have you ever tried it?

I'm still in a dilemma about the material, whether I should go for wood or plastic

I feel like I don't shampoo my hair properly these days and this could help, tbh I always heard about it but didn't take interest until glasses suggested it and thought why not just give it a try

Ideally, I'd want something under five quid

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
                          Do you all like bath bombs? I’m not that bothered about them but my kids love them but I can never get it right in the bath lol what am I doing wrong? Are you meant to just throw it in the bath or what? When I see people on YouTube, theirs always looks so nice and swirly whilst mine is just a pool of coloured water :|
                          It's not bad, I know it's sound so weird but I tend to have more baths in the winter
                          lmso

I like the radox salts and someone gave me a hamper of lush bath fizzers and I gave it to my sisters because I was going through one of those phases where everything is given away

I think the water has to be quite hot so maybe that's why it's not fizzing up properly

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
                            I want a nice natural pinky nude nail varnish, anyone have any recommendations
                            Nope sowi
                            out of all make up items, wearing nail polish always the last thing because I always saw it as a huge chore and didn't understand the hop has about it

But, I love collecting, stupid I know, I don't have any at the moment (had to throw old ones out as they were separating) except for Barry m terracotta, haven't tried it yet but it was ordered online, and it looks like dusty pink

Before Iockdown I got french manicures set, the stick one

Comment

Nope sowi
                              out of all make up items, wearing nail polish always the last thing because I always saw it as a huge chore and didn't understand the hop has about it

But, I love collecting, stupid I know, I don't have any at the moment (had to throw old ones out as they were separating) except for Barry m terracotta, haven't tried it yet but it was ordered online, and it looks like dusty pink

Before Iockdown I got french manicures set, the stick one
                              my girls are proper obsessed with having their nails done. I don’t know if that’s bad :|

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X